Taxi drivers turn down gay fares for religious reasons

CaféAuLait;8945753 said:
But there is no uproar from the left.

I wonder why.

Some drivers of the zone-based taxis operating out of Cleveland Hopkins International Airport have notified their companies they don't want to drive the cabs for religious reasons, citing rooftop placards that are advertising the upcoming Gay Games. Hopkins released a statement saying that two of the three taxi companies operating at the airport -- Ace and Yellow Taxi – were informed by several of their drivers they will no longer participate in the airport's dedicated taxi cab program.
Patrick Keenan, general manager for the third company, Americab, said two of his drivers also have opted not to drive because of the Gay Games ads. The drivers are Muslims, Keenan and Hopkins spokeswoman Jackie Mayo said.
The drivers told their companies that their decision was based on religious reasons, Hopkins said in its statement.

Some Cleveland Hopkins cab drivers refuse to drive with Gay Games signage | cleveland.com

It seems they are refusing to drive the cabs because of the adverts on top of the cab...they are refusing to work, not specifically refusing service to gay people. But I do wonder if something will be said?
Absolutely. They are exercising their first amendment rights. Due to their religious beliefs, they cannot drive the cabs with the gay themed advertising. Nowhere does it say that they refuse to provide service to gays. There is no discrimination here.

I don't give a shit what your religious beliefs are. You choose to drive a taxi, you take gay people and straight people where they wish to go. And you also take blind people and guide dogs, too. If you don't like it, suck it up and find another job.
The issue here isn't about driving faggots around town.

It's about refusing to advertize their perverted lifestyle. ... :cool:

A lot of those here just can't read.

I don't give a shit what your religious beliefs are. You choose to drive a taxi, you take gay people and straight people where they wish to go. And you also take blind people and guide dogs, too. If you don't like it, suck it up and find another job.
The issue here isn't about driving faggots around town.

It's about refusing to advertize their perverted lifestyle. ... :cool:

It would be amusing to be able to see all the taxi drivers dropping people off at the event :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Will they turn down gay tips? :lmao:

I wonder why.

Some drivers of the zone-based taxis operating out of Cleveland Hopkins International Airport have notified their companies they don't want to drive the cabs for religious reasons, citing rooftop placards that are advertising the upcoming Gay Games. Hopkins released a statement saying that two of the three taxi companies operating at the airport -- Ace and Yellow Taxi – were informed by several of their drivers they will no longer participate in the airport's dedicated taxi cab program.
Patrick Keenan, general manager for the third company, Americab, said two of his drivers also have opted not to drive because of the Gay Games ads. The drivers are Muslims, Keenan and Hopkins spokeswoman Jackie Mayo said.
The drivers told their companies that their decision was based on religious reasons, Hopkins said in its statement.
Some Cleveland Hopkins cab drivers refuse to drive with Gay Games signage | cleveland.com

And so they are not driving: their right not to.

Just like it is the right of Christians not to go to gay weddings?

I wonder why.

Probably because they are not illegally discriminating. They actually exercised their rights you retard. Why would anyone have a problem with this?

They have no rights, they have a contract that requires them to drive to the airport.

CaféAuLait;8945753 said:

It seems they are refusing to drive the cabs because of the adverts on top of the cab...they are refusing to work, not specifically refusing service to gay people. But I do wonder if something will be said?
Absolutely. They are exercising their first amendment rights. Due to their religious beliefs, they cannot drive the cabs with the gay themed advertising. Nowhere does it say that they refuse to provide service to gays. There is no discrimination here.

Like that guy at Mozilla who exercised his rights?

I wonder why.

If the cab drivers want to quit their jobs over this, that's their business.

Probably because they are not illegally discriminating. They actually exercised their rights you retard. Why would anyone have a problem with this?

They have no rights, they have a contract that requires them to drive to the airport.

They have a right to not do it and be sued retard. Somehow I knew you would get off topic in your own thread instead of admitting you were an asshat.

Last edited:
Jillian the juden shylock lawyer must have seen one of these and abandoned the thread to go chase it. ... :lol:

ambulance-chasers.jpg

Last edited:

Thats correct and suffer the consequences of breaking the law. Glad you understand now that there are possibly consequences to your actions.

They have a right to not do it and be sued retard. Somehow I knew you would get off topic in your own thread instead of admitting you were an asshat.

Did you change your position that rights only exist if they are granted to others? Who granted them the right to ignore the contracts and leave people stranded at the airport?

you seem confused as to what the ruling was. it is not that anyone has to GO to a particular wedding. it's that you can't discriminate in your business and refuse to provide the service your business offers.

you know... like in the jim crow days.

Did you change your position that rights only exist if they are granted to others? Who granted them the right to ignore the contracts and leave people stranded at the airport?

No I didnt change my position. No one can force you to honor a contract. You have an option of going to jail in the most extreme of cases. Of course that has nothing to do with your false OP does it? They are protesting the advertising or did you forget to read your own link?

you seem confused as to what the ruling was. it is not that anyone has to GO to a particular wedding. it's that you can't discriminate in your business and refuse to provide the service your business offers.

I am in no way confused because the suit was over the refusal to photograph a wedding. Unless you can figure out how to take pictures of a wedding without attending it, the decision forces people to go to weddings.

You know, like the slavery days.

I am in no way confused because the suit was over the refusal to photograph a wedding. Unless you can figure out how to take pictures of a wedding without attending it, the decision forces people to go to weddings.

No it doesn't stupid. It forces you to render the same services to everyone if you have a business. Were you deprived of oxygen in your youth?

No I didnt change my position. No one can force you to honor a contract. You have an option of going to jail in the most extreme of cases. Of course that has nothing to do with your false OP does it? They are protesting the advertising or did you forget to read your own link?

Where does the option of breaking the law come from if I have no rights?

No it doesn't stupid. It forces you to render the same services to everyone if you have a business. Were you deprived of oxygen in your youth?

^^^^^^^^^^

awwww... how cute...another board moron

let us know when you understand the issue.... instead of just stamping your widdle feet

Except it actually doesn't. If you don't believe me, read the actual decision where it laid out all the legal ways to refuse to attend weddings even if photographing weddings is the service you offer.

Forum List

Back