Teamsters not sure which candidate they will be endorsing

forkintheroad7

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2024

It sounds to me, after reading this article, that the Teamster leadership folks do not know if they are going to continue supporting the dimrats. :) They are waiting for a meeting w/ the Hyena.. I mean Harris.

They already had a meeting with Trump, apparently. He was well received by their union members after the R convention.

My neighbor has a Tesla... and when he added solar panels on his roof the company told him his charging station in his garage was a severe fire hazard and must be changed... thank God he did since we live in a tall pine forest....
But think how many of these cars are charging in an unsafe way... and the people don't know it....

It sounds to me, after reading this article, that the Teamster leadership folks do not know if they are going to continue supporting the dimrats. :) They are waiting for a meeting w/ the Hyena.. I mean Harris.

They already had a meeting with Trump, apparently. He was well received by their union members after the R convention.
They want more of something, something I'm sure Kamala will have the taxpayers pay for.

I can't recall any political endorsement that swayed me in the least bit. But then in all my years of employment I was never in a union.

Any Teamsters here? The YouTube trucker I watch and subscribe to complains about the excessive regulation in the industry. Blessings to these long-haul drivers that spend a good bit of their time away from home and family.

To me it sounds like they aren't supporting the best candidate for America. They are voting for the best candidate for themselves.

Not surprising as almost all unions that exist today only exist to make themselves money, they are not in it for the workers.

Its simple... if they want to keep their jobs vote for the guy who wants to build cars here instead of China and Mexico...
Vote for Trump... Kamala would shutdown gas cars and give the car market to China... and we will all have potential little fire bombs in our garages....
It's simple to you and me and I'm sure to those who work in the auto industry. Unfortunately, there are a lot of clueless people in the US and doubly-unfortunately: they vote :eek:

To me it sounds like they aren't supporting the best candidate for America. They are voting for the best candidate for themselves.

Not surprising as almost all unions that exist today only exist to make themselves money, they are not in it for the workers.
Who cares? If they vote for Trump or mostly for Trump, they are doing the right thing.

I can't recall any political endorsement that swayed me in the least bit. But then in all my years of employment I was never in a union.

Any Teamsters here? The YouTube trucker I watch and subscribe to complains about the excessive regulation in the industry. Blessings to these long-haul drivers that spend a good bit of their time away from home and family.
yeh, I have a lot of respect for them. I had a CDL once, was stupid (aka young) and let it lapse but really, I was kind of afraid of those trucks anyhow.. because I heard some stories about weird truck accidents. This one guy who was up in the mountains in one of them.. well, can't recall but I think he lost his brakes (or control of the vehicle). He bailed out of it and was injured but that was better, he surmised, than staying in the out of control truck.. (Maybe after the owneer of the truck got hold him, he thought otherwise? LOL). Then there was this other story about a guy who .. I think he was drinking ? (This was a long time ago I heard these stories but anyhow), he got in this accident and .. well, it was bad, the photos I saw.. But my cowardice wasn't really what got me away from that business. My life just went in another direction. In case, I always admired truck drivers.

My neighbor has a Tesla... and when he added solar panels on his roof the company told him his charging station in his garage was a severe fire hazard and must be changed... thank God he did since we live in a tall pine forest....
But think how many of these cars are charging in an unsafe way... and the people don't know it....
what company was that? Wasn't it his own home?

They want more of something, something I'm sure Kamala will have the taxpayers pay for.
yeh, the dims buy votes.

couldn't care less how expensive that is for the hated taxpayers.. couldn't care less about Americans being robbed, raped & murdered..

guess that could never happen to them, so they don't care.. they have armed protection :rolleyes:

what company was that? Wasn't it his own home?
Yes they had a different company install their first charging station but they didn't do something right... another company put more solar panels on their roof and discovered the safety issue.... it could have burned our entire development down.... so the home owners association has demanded all private charging stations be inspected...

Forum List

Back