Ted Cruz said he could have prevented Texas shooting

Ted lies a lot, as does The Blaze. It was a REPUBLICAN filibuster

So much for significant new gun-control legislation. The bipartisan Manchin-Toomey bill to extend background checks to gun shows and Internet sales has died in the Senate. It got 54 votes, but that wasn't enough to overcome what was essentially a Republican filibuster.

My colleague Sean Sullivan has a nice explainer on why the bill needed 60 votes to pass rather than a simple majority. But as political scientist Jonathan Bernstein explains here, this was essentially a GOP-led filibuster: "The correct thing to say about this is that the amendment was defeated by filibuster."​

Senate bill to extend background checks killed by filibuster

I am glad the bill failed. The task force Cruz wanted to create to prosecute these cases were going to be funded by civil asset forfeiture.

What's funny about this?

Flake is trying to get a similar bill passed now

US military consistently fails to report domestic violence to gun database, senators say

Wonder if the Dems will try to block it again?
why is he doing that? Arent they already banned from owning guns?
if it isn't in the NICS system, how is a gun seller to know?
That sounds like a human fault. Not the law. If its already law, why do another one?
IDK the specifics but i do know DV abusers cant buy guns. Even if it is a misdemeanor, i believe

What's funny about this?

US military consistently fails to report domestic violence to gun database, senators say

That sounds like a human fault. Not the law. If its already law, why do another one?
IDK the specifics but i do know DV abusers cant buy guns. Even if it is a misdemeanor, i believe

agreed..

but the military has been...negligent...in reporting those they have found guilty to the system.

So much for significant new gun-control legislation. The bipartisan Manchin-Toomey bill to extend background checks to gun shows and Internet sales has died in the Senate. It got 54 votes, but that wasn't enough to overcome what was essentially a Republican filibuster.

My colleague Sean Sullivan has a nice explainer on why the bill needed 60 votes to pass rather than a simple majority. But as political scientist Jonathan Bernstein explains here, this was essentially a GOP-led filibuster: "The correct thing to say about this is that the amendment was defeated by filibuster."​

Interesting. If it's true it would not surprise me.

After all, the GOP ran on the platform to repeal Obamacare and even voted to do it under Obama, but when Trump is there to sign it they all pee their pants and refuse to repeal it again.

Talk about lying, a filibuster prevents a bill form coming to a vote, that bill was voted on, it failed. And the bill you're referring to was a different bill. Move along lying troll.

What's funny about this?

agreed..

but the military has been...negligent...in reporting these they have found guilty to the system.
Apparently lol.
Accountability and punishment makes more sense than making new laws that do the same thing.

What's funny about this?

The DV abuser crap should be deemed unconstitutional.

Talk about lying, a filibuster prevents a bill form coming to a vote, that bill was voted on, it failed. And the bill you're referring to was a different bill. Move along lying troll.

Nice - another one with their own set of alternative facts. :rolleyes:

Yes, the bills were different, but similar - And Lyin' Ted's claim is essentially false.

Senate rejects gun control background check measures

photo.jpg

Forum List

Back