Ted Cruz Thinks Everyone Is Out to Get Him

Kat

Retired Mod
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2008
Everyone is conspiring against Ted Cruz to prevent him from winning the Republican presidential nomination, at least according to Ted Cruz. The Texas senator, currently running second to Donald Trump in the GOP primary, gave a testy interview that aired on Meet the Press Sunday morning, in which he treated established facts like enemy propaganda and asserted the existence of a vast media conspiracy against him.

Not long into the discussion, which was recorded on Friday, moderator Chuck Todd, asked Cruz to address what has become a serious problem for his campaign.

Related: Indiana’s Governor Just Endorsed Ted Cruz. And Donald Trump

“I want to go to your struggles in uniting the party around you. In fact, this is what your now running mate--”

Here Cruz interrupted, sarcastically saying “Tell me what you really think, Chuck.”

The implication was plain: Todd was editorializing. Except that he wasn’t. Cruz’s problems with the members of his party who don’t share his doctrinaire conservatism and Christian fundamentalism are legion and are well-documented. His inability to conjure more than a handful of (mostly tepid) endorsements from his fellow lawmakers -- even with Donald Trump as the only viable alternative at this point in the race -- points to a real trouble spot for his candidacy.

Ted Cruz Thinks Everyone Is Out to Get Him

Poor feller.
Guess he didn't get the memo that no one much likes a liar, cheater, and whiner.

CezoKqiXIAA8w45.jpg:large

And he is right for the first time. Nobody wants him to be the nominee. They don't want Trump either, but they can hate both equally.

no one much likes a liar, cheater, and whiner.

Then how the hell is Trump doing so well? :dunno:

All I did was post an article. But, i have a question for you Boss. And I do mean this with all respect. Why are you, or why do you seem so angry all of the time?

All I did was post an article. But, i have a question for you Boss. And I do mean this with all respect. Why are you, or why do you seem so angry all of the time?

What makes you think I am angry? How do I "seem" that way?

I'm really not angry. I am a bit frustrated with what I thought were conservative thinkers such as myself, lining up to kiss Trump's ass while acting like little punk liberal shitheels running a good man in the ground. I'm disappointed in some people who I really thought better of and had respect for.

Mostly, I am saddened by the fact that this primary has turned what could have been a defining moment for Conservatives and the GOP into a fucking joke that will haunt us for years to come. I'm sad for my nation which is probably now destined for another Clinton administration. But angry? Nope!

And you're still in denial. Get your head out of your ass, Cruz is finished.

Get your head outta Trump's ass!

It's not over yet!
Yeah, it is. You just can't come to terms with it. Why do you continue to campaign for a guy who can't even get half of the required delegates? You're in denial, man.
Because this isn't a fucking football game, jackass. Oh, I realize you've got your pom-poms out and your cheerleader uniform on... but it's still not a football game.

Now, maybe ya boy can get to the magical 1,237 before the first ballot at the convention... and maybe ya boy can't? We'll have to wait and see... it's not over yet. IF it's finally over for Cruz, I will concede and admit defeat.... that day isn't here yet and you're not going to get a concession from me until it is. Got it?

What makes you think I am angry? How do I "seem" that way?

I'm really not angry. I am a bit frustrated with what I thought were conservative thinkers such as myself, lining up to kiss Trump's ass while acting like little punk liberal shitheels running a good man in the ground. I'm disappointed in some people who I really thought better of and had respect for.

Mostly, I am saddened by the fact that this primary has turned what could have been a defining moment for Conservatives and the GOP into a fucking joke that will haunt us for years to come. I'm sad for my nation which is probably now destined for another Clinton administration. But angry? Nope!

You seem that way, or maybe better words are that is how you come across when posting to others...especially about Trump. You seem angry. Too serious. Granted I do not know you well, so maybe it's just me that thinks that. I dunno.
I was not trying to be critical. Lord knows I have my own faults.
There have been many times in my life when I wanted people to stand with me, to agree with me, but if they didn't, I eventually realized that we all have the right to think and feel as we do. You, me, and the rest of us.
Berating others (now I am not talking about debating), makes your points, but it is very harsh and angry sounding.

My apologies if I am in err.

You seem that way, or maybe better words are that is how you come across when posting to others...especially about Trump. You seem angry. Too serious. Granted I do not know you well, so maybe it's just me that thinks that. I dunno.
There have been many times in my life when I wanted people to stand with me, to agree with me, but if they didn't, I eventually realized that we all have the right to think and feel as we do. You, me, and the rest of us.
Berating others (now I am not talking about debating), makes your points, but it is very harsh and angry sounding.

Oh, I've got a sharp tongue on the message boards. No doubt about that. I've been doing this a long time and I don't take any shit off anybody, I can dish it out as well as anyone. But I didn't feel like my little sarcastic question to you was angry sounding.... just sarcastic. (You never answered me, btw)

If people don't like lying, cheating, whiners... how is Trump doing so well?

Oh, I've got a sharp tongue on the message boards. No doubt about that. I've been doing this a long time and I don't take any shit off anybody, I can dish it out as well as anyone. But I didn't feel like my little sarcastic question to you was angry sounding.... just sarcastic. (You never answered me, btw)

If people don't like lying, cheating, whiners... how is Trump doing so well?

I have been doing message boards since at least 2004...so been a while for me as well. I have had nasty heated debates....not so much the name calling, but yeah, some.
As the years have gone by, I decided I would rather be more myself. Feisty, but kind. At least try. Do I ever get offended? Sure...especially if I am called nasty names.

I don't know the answer to your question other than to say that people are totally fed up with your norm politicians...and Trump has said a lot of the things many people are saying themselves. That is, being fed up with our corrupt political system. And fed up with the establishment ONLY concerned over the little (sometimes very big) perks they are getting.

Last edited:
I have been doing message boards since at least 2004...so been a while for me as well. I have had nasty heated debates....not so much the name calling, but yeah, some.
As the years have gone by, I decided I would rather be more myself. Feisty, but kind. At least try. Do I ever get offended? Sure...especially if I am called nasty names.

I don't know the answer to your question other than to say that people are totally fed up with your norm politicians...and Trump has said a lot of the things many people are saying themselves. That is being fed up with our corrupt political system. And fed up with the establishment ONLY concerned over the little (sometimes very big) perks they are getting.

Well, I am fed up with the establishment too, but Cruz isn't the establishment. He is one of the scarce few who has stood up to the establishment and refused to play the "politics as usual" game. That's why they all hate him. Trump, on the other hand, has been part of the problem... buying off politicians left and right and bragging about it! So.... it's kind of like picking Al Capone to head the FBI!

Yeah, Trump IS saying a lot of things... and for some odd and strange reason, his supporters seem to believe that because he isn't a career politician he is incapable of being dishonest.

You know where the "Lyin' Ted" moniker came from? It was shortly after Iowa when Cruz ran an ad talking about how Trump supports federal land grabs like the one out in Oregon. Trump recoiled and claimed he never said that and accused Cruz of being a liar... lyin' Ted was born. But the TRUTH is, just weeks before, Trump was specifically asked if the Feds should take over state lands like happened in Oregon and he said... "yeah... I think they do a great job with the land, we have to do that!" So it's TRUMP who is the liar. Cruz stated the TRUTH in his ad.

And I have challenged this board several times to present actual examples of LIES told by Ted Cruz... all I ever get is the same PolitiFact (hack) website with a list of stupidity, none of which constitutes a direct LIE by Ted Cruz. The man is honest, he has integrity and most importantly, he is a Conservative. Now if you don't like him because he looks funny or his voice is irritating... I get that... I understand, and maybe you like Trump's proposals more... that's cool too... we can have a civil and honest debate on substance and decide who better represents our values as a party.... but that's not what we're doing. We're literally cannibalizing ourselves through caustic and damaging rhetoric that we'll never be able to unify over. This whole entire thing is becoming a major disaster in the making.

It didn't have to be like this but the Trump brigade decided to morph into Alinskyite liberal radicals all of a sudden and implement a scorched earth policy. Good luck winning a fucking national election that way, guys!

Forum List

Back