Teen couple in custody after alleged crime spree

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Teen couple in custody after alleged crime spree - Videos - CBS News

The alleged crime spree of two teenage fugitives on the run for weeks is over after a manhunt that stretched across several states in the Southeast. New details emerged about 18-year-old Dalton Hayes' relationship with his 13-year-old girlfriend, Cheyenne Phillips, as Hayes' mother said he bought Phillips an engagement ring and that Phillips even claimed she was pregnant. Vicente Arenas reports.

Watch the video. Its soo nice.

They "Allegedly" ONLY forged checks and stole cars. Thats all....no biggie.

The "teen couple" is actually a 18 year old dude and his 13 year old "girlfriend". Otherwise known as statutory rape or being a sexual predator but they are called a couple. Aint that sweet?

Aww then they show a post from their FB showing the little criminals changed their status to "Engaged" awwww.

Oh yeah, he skipped out on a court date for Burglary and other shit...but wook at this pwecious picture!
f18a6170e79b91026b0f6a7067005387.jpg

Twice, the teens were able to evade law officers in Kentucky. They crashed the first truck they stole and hid in the woods. Then they later stole another truck nearby, Chaffins said.

Dawwwwwwwwwwwww

They had better charge her as an adult if she was a willing accomplice.

And they should still charge his ass with statutory rape even if she was.

More jail time for both idiots can only be a good thing.

What will more likely happen is her defense attorney will try to convince her to say she was brainwashed into a life of crime to get her ass out of trouble.

I posted this yesterday. The media and the 18 year old's mother were painting this as a romantic Bonnie and Clyde.

She will not be charged as an adult at the age of 13. It's not going to happen, but she will be charged as a juvenile. He deserves to get nailed.

What I read yesterday the mother was saying that by the time he figured out that she was 13 he was in love. Oh, and they were going to get married.

Oh and one more thing, THAT's a 13 year old?????

It doesn't matter when it comes to Statutory crimes, but still......

I posted this yesterday. The media and the 18 year old's mother were painting this as a romantic Bonnie and Clyde.

She will not be charged as an adult at the age of 13. It's not going to happen, but she will be charged as a juvenile. He deserves to get nailed.

What I read yesterday the mother was saying that by the time he figured out that she was 13 he was in love. Oh, and they were going to get married.

Based off that one picture, it his hard to say that girl looks 13, and so anything that happened before the kid found out the truth I could see him being let off the hook, but once he found out her real age, that's a different matter.

Based off that one picture, it his hard to say that girl looks 13, and so anything that happened before the kid found out the truth I could see him being let off the hook, but once he found out her real age, that's a different matter.

That could mitigate the sentence for statutory rape, but ignorance is not a defense against a statutory crime. Not knowing her age is meaningless as long as she is below the age of consent of the State in question.

That could mitigate the sentence for statutory rape, but ignorance is not a defense against a statutory crime. Not knowing her age is meaningless as long as she is below the age of consent of the State in question.

It isn't a defense per se, but it is a mitigating circumstance and certainly a DA would be within their discretion to choose not to prosecute. I mean remember, this kid is 19 in most states he could legally be with a 16 year old girl and that would not be statutory rape. If this girl told him she was 16, I would be disgusted to see him charged with a crime.

It would be an entirely different matter if he had been a 40 year old man or something.

It isn't a defense per se, but it is a mitigating circumstance and certainly a DA would be within their discretion to choose not to prosecute. I mean remember, this kid is 19 in most states he could legally be with a 16 year old girl and that would not be statutory rape. If this girl told him she was 16, I would be disgusted to see him charged with a crime.

It would be an entirely different matter if he had been a 40 year old man or something.

Was is still the unknown is how much of a stink this girl's parents will be making. If big enough, he's gonna do time for the crimes and diddling the minor.

What will more likely happen is her defense attorney will try to convince her to say she was brainwashed into a life of crime to get her ass out of trouble.

I dont see them charging a white girl with being an adult. Chances of that is slim to none and slim just left

I dont see them charging a white girl with being an adult. Chances of that is slim to none and slim just left

There it is! I knew you wouldn't make it the whole thread.

There you go crying about nothing. Unless for some reason saying "white" is a problem for you.

My favorite show is Breaking Bad with Walter White. OH NO I DID IT AGAIN!!

There you go crying about nothing. Unless for some reason saying "white" is a problem for you.

:itsok:

What happened is that he did find out. That is the problem. He should get nailed for that.

:itsok:

You know two criminals who stole several cars, who skipped court on theft and burglary, who are 18 and 13 years old who were black wouldnt get this type of love story treatment. They even "reported" on their facebook engagement lol.

C'mon man....In the news they said the "only stole cars and forged checks". ONLY?

She didn't commit a crime that would land her with an adult system.

YOUTHFUL OFFENDERS

Preliminary Hearing for Discretionary Transfer:

(a) At the preliminary hearing, the court shall determine if there is probable cause to believe that an offense was committed, that the child committed the offense, and that the child is of sufficient age and has the requisite number of prior adjudications, if any, necessary to fall within the purview of KRS 635.020.

(b) If the District Court determines probable cause exists, the court shall consider the following factors before determining whether the child’s case shall be transferred to the Circuit Court:

1. The seriousness of the alleged offense;

2. Whether the offense was against persons or property, with greater weight being given to offenses against persons;

3. The maturity of the child as determined by his environment;

4. The child’s prior record;

5. The best interest of the child and community;

6. The prospects of adequate protection of the public;

7. The likelihood of reasonable rehabilitation of the child by the use of procedures, services, and facilities currently available to the juvenile justice system; and

8. Evidence of a child’s participation in a gang.
(c) If, following the completion of the preliminary hearing, the District Court finds, after considering the factors enumerated in paragraph (b) of this subsection, that two (2) or more of the factors specified in paragraph (b) of this subsection are determined to favor transfer, the child may be transferred to Circuit Court, and if the child is transferred, the District Court shall issue an order transferring the child as a youthful offender and shall state on the record the reasons for the transfer. The child shall then be proceeded against in the Circuit Court as an adult, except as otherwise provided in this chapter.

(d) If, following completion of the preliminary hearing, the District Court is of the opinion, after considering the factors enumerated in paragraph (b) of this subsection, that the child shall not be transferred to the Circuit Court, the case shall be dealt with as provided in KRS Chapter 635.

Ky. Rev. Stat.§ 640.010(2) (West 2012).

Automatic Transfer:

Under KRS 635.020(4), a court does not have to consider the factors enumerated above and the child shall automatically be transferred to circuit court to be tried as an adult if the district court finds:

(1) 1. probable cause to believe,

(2) 2. the child committed a felony,

(3) 3. that a firearm was used in the commission of the felony, and

(4) 4. the child was fourteen (14) years of age or older at the time of the commission of the alleged felony.

Ky. Rev. Stat.§ 635.020 (West 2012).

If you believe that your child may be a youthful offender and may be tried as an adult, or the county attorney has already filed a motion to transfer your child’s case to circuit court, you should contact an experienced criminal defense attorney who is knowledgeable about the current provisions of both the Unified Juvenile Code and the Kentucky Penal Code.
Kentucky Juvenile Crimes - Avvo.com

It's a 13 year old thing not a race thing.

Forum List

Back