Teen Football Player Dies

Football is a rough sport. Anyone who has ever played that hasn't seen Tweetie Birds flying around their head after a hit is a bench warmer.

I had read elsewhere that this is something like the 3rd of 4th teen football player to so die in the past several weeks.

Has been happening for a very long time. This is nothing new. It's a rough sport. Running full speed into each other at full throttle jars you to the core on collision. It is what it is.

Football is fine the way it is.

Who cares if a few teens die participating in the sport. They knew the risks.

Football is fine the way it is.

Who cares if a few teens die participating in the sport. They knew the risks.
No one wants to see kids die........No one wants to see them carted off the field. But it is a rough sport. Parents have to give them permission to play, at least back when I played. Because the school wants to have it on the record if you get hurt in a violent sport. It is violent, but it is a national treasure that many love. You could make them play in a Marsh Mellow suit and people would still get hurt in this sport.

It is reality. And those that choose to play do it because they love the sport, or at least I did........Many do. That's a part of Freedom to choose to play. Those that choose to play know they could be injured or even killed in this sport.

Same as boxing. People die in the ring. They chose to do so.......That is their choice.

Anyone permitting children to play full-contact football is a bad parent. It is that simple. It's on the same level as motocross with no safety gear.

Anyone permitting children to play full-contact football is a bad parent. It is that simple. It's on the same level as motocross with no safety gear.
That is a matter of opinion.

If my kid makes a good play which results in a big hit on the field, I'm going to say,"THAT'S MY BOY". And your party pooping butt can simply mind your own dang business. I like this sport and will continue to like it as you people want the only sport left to be a mash mellow throwing contest.

So, you must be fine with your kid not recognizing his siblings when he's 45, and shitting his diaper and drooling when he's 55, because his brain has been scrambled.

Before playing football, every child who wants to should be required to meet retired players...the guys who can't sleep, get the shakes, forget their own names, can't walk properly due to injuries, etc.

So, you must be fine with your kid not recognizing his siblings when he's 45, and shitting his diaper and drooling when he's 55, because his brain has been scrambled.

Before playing football, every child who wants to should be required to meet retired players...the guys who can't sleep, get the shakes, forget their own names, can't walk properly due to injuries, etc.
Spare me your emotional BS.

I like football. It is the National Past time. Deal with...........

We are going to continue like this sport............Now go and throw your marsh mellows.

We are going to continue like this sport............Now go and throw your marsh mellows.

Actually, I honestly think the massive concussion lawsuit could bankrupt the league.

Doubtful. People like the sport and emotions will not change that.

I like the sport too. It's fucking awesome.

Baseball was king for a century. I think it'll be king again. Football will continue to be pussified because, frankly, it has to be. The pay is a fraction of the other sports and the danger is far greater.

The free market will handle it.

Seriously. No one is going to forget their mom because they played football in high school 20 years ago. And the majority of the deaths if anyone actually bothered to read they would know the overwhelming majority of deaths aren't even injury related.

The risks in football have increased due to superficial increase in size and the subsequent increase in the intensity of collisions. You can bulk up muscle but there is no way to increase protection for exposed skeletal areas of the knees, wrists, elbows and skull.
Interior linemen were in the 200 - 275 lb range only one generation ago. Now they are all over 300 lbs. Skill position players are all over 200 lbs and run 4.3 40's. That's not due to natural evolution. Either weight-to-frame restrictions need to be applied or rules
changes will ruin the game even more than they already have.

I truly sorrow that this and other children have died from contact sports.

My question is - were they professional cleared to play by qualified doctors?

And, in this case, did the boy have another contributing factor that was either covered up by him or his parents?

How often do parents urge their children into sports they really don't want to play. I got into football because of peer pressure - it was the neat thing to do that all the cute girls swooned over.

Forum List

Back