🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Teenager and 20 year old shot Friday night....in Britain, where they have gun control...

OP problem is that he uses a very short period of time to discuss UK numbers without context to the 24 year period of time he uses for the USA numbers.

In other words, OP has created a fallacy of false equivalency for analysis.

The OP is worthless.

Well I went back 60 years to compare murder rates and have shown that both the US and the UK have current murder rates that are virtually the same as 1950

The UK passed draconian gun laws in the 60's we didn't yet our respective murder rates are what they were 60 years ago

Yep....when you outlaw guns only the outlaws will have them...as Britain keeps finding out....

Murder probe launched after teenage boy shot dead in east London

A murder investigation has been launched after a teenage boy was shot dead in east London.

Scotland Yard said a boy in his “mid-teens” was killed and another man in his early 20s was injured after the pair were shot in Newham on Friday night.

The boy was pronounced dead at the scene after suffering a gunshot wound, police said. The other victim is not thought to have suffered life-threatening injuries, and it is not yet clear whether the two shootings are linked.

Terrified witnesses told how they heard gunshots being fired just before 11pm before police descended on the scene in North Woolwich.

One said: "I went to the area to get some Chinese. Whilst I was there I heard a couple of shots, sudden bangs.

"Suddenly there was a tonne of police cars and squad cars in the area, lots of blue lights. Spoke to my former neighbour, she said she heard the same thing as me... sounded like gun shots."

90 people are shot and killed over here everyday.
and most of them are piece of shit criminals and gang bangers
Proof?

OP problem is that he uses a very short period of time to discuss UK numbers without context to the 24 year period of time he uses for the USA numbers.

The OP is worthless.

Well I went back 60 years to compare murder rates and have shown that both the US and the UK have current murder rates that are virtually the same as 1950

The UK passed draconian gun laws in the 60's we didn't yet our respective murder rates are what they were 60 years ago
You haven't shown anything. You just say. And most importantly going back all the way to 1950's and not dwelling more on the in between time does not constitute a good argument on the development of the situation in both countries.

But if you have this year 1950 story in writing from some official source, I think we'd all like to see that as well. There must be more to the story.

These aren't the kind of statistics the common people invent for past time, but there are and have been professionals who have a way of counting them as well as analyzing the reasons behind the changes and the differences.

The OP is worthless.

You're a player, but not a very good one. I really don't care what the murder rate is for bloody old England because I don't live there. I certainly feel bad for their people needlessly losing their lives over there for sure but my primary concern is for the tens of thousands of people needlessly gunned down over here every year. The carnage is unacceptable and the cost to our society in terms of life saving medical care delievered through our nations trauma centers alone is unimaginable. And than there's the cost of tens of thousands of the severely wounded that do survive but require very expensive lifelong healthcare for as long as they live. And again, this is every single year. This is all on your dime chief. And my dime. I don't like it. How bout you chief? Do you like needlessly handing out all that free care on your dime?

Last edited:
Yep....when you outlaw guns only the outlaws will have them...as Britain keeps finding out....

A murder investigation has been launched after a teenage boy was shot dead in east London.

Scotland Yard said a boy in his “mid-teens” was killed and another man in his early 20s was injured after the pair were shot in Newham on Friday night.

The boy was pronounced dead at the scene after suffering a gunshot wound, police said. The other victim is not thought to have suffered life-threatening injuries, and it is not yet clear whether the two shootings are linked.

Terrified witnesses told how they heard gunshots being fired just before 11pm before police descended on the scene in North Woolwich.

One said: "I went to the area to get some Chinese. Whilst I was there I heard a couple of shots, sudden bangs.

"Suddenly there was a tonne of police cars and squad cars in the area, lots of blue lights. Spoke to my former neighbour, she said she heard the same thing as me... sounded like gun shots."

and most of them are piece of shit criminals and gang bangers
Proof?
been there done that

76% of all murderers and most of their victims have criminal records

I've posted links on this multiple times

The OP is worthless.

You're a player, but not a very good one. I really don't care what the murder rate is for bloody old England because I don't live there. I certainly feel bad for their people needlessly losing their lives over there for sure but my primary concern is for the tens of thousands of people needlessly gunned down over here every year. The carnage is unacceptable and the cost to our society in terms of life saving medical care delievered through our nations trauma centers alone is unimaginable. And than there's the cost of tens of thousands of the severely wounded that do survive but require very expensive lifelong healthcare for as long as they live. And again, this is every single year. This is all on your dime chief. And my dime. I don't like it. How bout you chief? Do you like needlessly handing out all that free care on your dime?

for one "tens of thousands" are not "gunned down" every year

the actual number of people murdered with firearms is under 10,000 in 2014 it was 8124

with a large percentage of that being people with criminal history

If the cops won't arrest them and the courts won't send violent pieces of shit to jail for long sentences it's not my problem so for the few cents it costs for hospital services I'll keep my guns

You sure you wanna go there?

In a population of 56 million, that adds up to about 50 to 60 gun killings annually. In the USA, by contrast, there are about 160 times as many gun homicides in a country that is roughly six times larger in population. There were 8,124 gun homicides in 2014, according to the latest FBI figures.

Gun violence rare in U.K. compared to U.S.

The OP is worthless.

You haven't shown anything. You just say. And most importantly going back all the way to 1950's and not dwelling more on the in between time does not constitute a good argument on the development of the situation in both countries.

But if you have this year 1950 story in writing from some official source, I think we'd all like to see that as well. There must be more to the story.

These aren't the kind of statistics the common people invent for past time, but there are and have been professionals who have a way of counting them as well as analyzing the reasons behind the changes and the differences.

Homicide Rate (per 100,000), 1950–2014

so you see our murder rate is what it was in 1950

the same is true on England

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DJ-KA2Whh...-12-22+at++Saturday,+December+22,+9.26+PM.png

so tell me if England passed all kinds of strict gun laws and they can't get the murder rate below what it was before all those laws were passed and our murder rate has fallen to the same 1950 level without all the draconian gun laws how can you say gun laws reduce murder rates?

The OP is worthless.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DJ-KA2Whh...-12-22+at++Saturday,+December+22,+9.26+PM.png

so tell me if England passed all kinds of strict gun laws and they can't get the murder rate below what it was before all those laws were passed and our murder rate has fallen to the same 1950 level without all the draconian gun laws how can you say gun laws reduce murder rates?
Starting from just a few years after the ban went into effect, looks like a significant drop to me. Although graphs like that don't speak to reasons for the drop.

Screen+Shot+2012-12-22+at++Saturday,+December+22,+9.26+PM.png

The OP is worthless.

the actual number of people murdered with firearms is under 10,000 in 2014 it was 8124

If the cops won't arrest them and the courts won't send violent pieces of shit to jail for long sentences it's not my problem so for the few cents it costs for hospital services I'll keep my guns

Like I said, you're not a very good player. Tens of thousands are gunned down & killed every year. Tens of thousands more are wounded. You just want to ignore the facts. Slice & dice the numbers so you don't have to discuss the true horror created by the possession of firearms, both legally and illegally.

You're in denial.

The OP is worthless.

Starting from just a few years after the ban went into effect, looks like a significant drop to me. Although graphs like that don't speak to reasons for the drop.

so explain the spike

The OP is worthless.

Like I said, you're not a very good player. Tens of thousands are gunned down & killed every year. Tens of thousands more are wounded. You just want to ignore the facts. Slice & dice the numbers so you don't have to discuss the true horror created by the possession of firearms, both legally and illegally.

You're in denial.
gunned down means killed

since 76% of all murder suspects have criminal records we can safely say that illegal not legal guns are the problem

The OP is worthless.

so explain the spike
Why on Earth would I waste my time researching your claims??

:lmao:

You posted that chart. It shows a significant decline in homicides since a few years after the gun ban started. Way to make your point.

so explain the spike
Why on Earth would I waste my time researching your claims??

:lmao:

You posted that chart. It shows a significant decline in homicides since a few years after the gun ban started. Way to make your point.
And it shows that the gun band didn't reduce murder rate to below pre-ban levels
the same thing happened with the 1960's gun laws in the UK

The OP is worthless.

You're in denial.
gunned down means killed

since 76% of all murder suspects have criminal records we can safely say that illegal not legal guns are the problem
Who says the problem is one or the other?

You're in denial.
gunned down means killed

The vast majority of legal gun owners will never commit any crime with their firearms
Those that obtain guns illegally are the problem

You're in denial.
gunned down means killed

The vast majority of legal gun owners will never commit any crime with their firearms
Those that obtain guns illegally are the problem
So the problem is both then. Thanks for confirming the obvious.

Most are suicides.......and the criminals shootings are mostly targeted against other criminals...in tiny areas of democrat voting districts.....

And Americans use guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent criminal attack......which far out numbers criminal use of guns.

The only little problem AS ALWAYS with jimbo's OP is that in America where we have so many states with incredibly loose laws on guns, 128 people were shot in the same time.

Since it is about 1/5 per capita ratio, the OP does not tell you that based on his single incident in the UK that you are more than 12 TIMES LIKELY to get shot here than there.
He scours the net for gun crime abroad and totally ignores the slaughter in his own back yard.

As do you and yours. The reality is if you compare the USA with Europe....ALL of Europe we actually have less overall crime, less violent crime, and the gun murder rate for Europe is rising as you get ever more third world refugees into your country who bring their culture and their violent ways with them. Think about this, two mass shootings in Europe, Norway and Paris, killed more people than all of our mass shootings COMBINED over the last 25 years.

So no, your gun control doesn't seem to work too well..

Not true. American crime statistics only reports "serious" crimes involving death or injury. Common assaults, involving fists, not guns, aren't reported. Unless a woman is raped, sexual assaults with no penetration aren't recorded in American sexual assault statistics.

Canadians and Europeans count every bar fight as an assault, every sexual assault is also counted, even if there was no rape. This gives the impression there is a lot more violent crime than in the US where common assaults aren't counted at all.

Someone asked me once why Canadian men commit so much rape compared to the US and the answer is they don't. But if you grab a woman's ass as you walk by her, and she reports it, it's considered a sexual assault in Canadian crime records. In the US, it wouldn't be counted.

Sorry.....Britain is far more violent than the U.S. when you compare apples to apples....

The only little problem AS ALWAYS with jimbo's OP is that in America where we have so many states with incredibly loose laws on guns, 128 people were shot in the same time.

Since it is about 1/5 per capita ratio, the OP does not tell you that based on his single incident in the UK that you are more than 12 TIMES LIKELY to get shot here than there.

And what you refuse to understand....either because you are stupid...or, well, you are stupid.......is that the Uk banned guns in 1996.....so in order for your post to be intelligent...you would have to show that the level of gun crime in the Uk was higher before the ban...and decreased after the ban......and you can't....the level of gun crime in Britain before the ban was low.....very low.....they then banned guns and then the gun crime rate spiked...for years after the ban...then it returned to the same level it was at before the ban...

Which makes your post stupid......

Then....decades of social welfare has created young males raised without fathers.....and they have been importing violent people from the 3rd world....

And what has happened to their gun crime rate....it has gone up.....despite the ban, and the fact that they are an island....

Homicides in England and Wales up 14%

The police-recorded crime figures include a 9% rise in knife crime and a 4% rise in gun crime, which are thought to reflect a rise in gang violence largely in London and Manchester.

The rise in gun crime is the first recorded for eight years and includes a 10% rise in London.

The official statisticians say that a 36% rise in sexual offences, including the highest number of rapes since 2003 – at 33,341 – reflect a greater willingness of victims to come forward to report such crimes rather than a real surge in attacks.

So your post is stupid....it is not based in facts or the truth or the reality of guns in Britain....

And guns are flooding Britain....

from 2008

Firearms: cheap, easy to get and on a street near you

Most buyers are involved with drug dealing, the source said. Some are used to rob other dealers in crimes that go unreported, others are used as protection while a deal is under way. "Someone will have a tool and there is always one guy in a posse willing to use it. They will have one guy who doesn't give a fuck.

"Everyone wants to be a gangster now, mainly the kids. You have five or six in a little crew and one of them will be carrying. They want handguns - shotguns are too big and bulky. The sawn-off doesn't look so good but use a machine gun and you get known as a heavy guy. They have them just to be a chap on the street, to pose. Some of them walk around all day with a .38. It's 16-year-olds at it and it's getting like America, silly as it sounds."

In terms of nationalities, the influx of eastern European criminals has changed the balance of power. "Who's using the guns? The [Jamaican] Yardies' value for life was so minimal that they thought nothing of killing people," said the source. "We don't like them, they have no moral code. But it's the Russians and the Polish and Albanians around now. They are bullies. They want to take over the flesh business. The Russians are cold-hearted fuckers. What they have been doing is following the card boys [who put cards advertising prostitutes in phone booths in central London] and then taking the girls hostage, armed if need be."

And more recently....more kids are getting involved with guns in Britain...an island nation that banned them....

Hundreds of youngsters arrested for suspected gun crimes in last three years

CHILDREN as young as 10 were among hundreds of youngsters arrested for suspected gun crimes in the last three years, new figures have revealed.

And more....

Rising number of guns being smuggled into UK, Metropolitan police say

More guns are being seized in cities across Britain as the number of firearms being smuggled into the country increases, Britain’s most senior police officer has said.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe, the Metropolitan police commissioner, told a hearing at London’s City Hall that a rise in gun crime in the capital was being put down to an increase in the number of weapons coming into the country.

The Met seized a “worrying” record number of weapons in 2015, including semiautomatic guns, Hogan-Howe said.

“We’ve seized more firearms than ever before,” he said. “In the previous year [2015] we’ve seized 714 guns – that’s around two per day. In a city this size, that’s a worrying number. This is an increase on previous years. Some of them are semiautomatic weapons, too.

“If you look around the big cities of the country, they are seeing a similar profile. Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Liverpool – they are seeing big rises as well.”

If you'll keep throwing around those "statistics" about violence in UK before the law on guns was changed, offer some evidence. Your word isn't convincing and neither is a magazine article.

Actual research...

Gun Control Fails: What Happened in England, Ireland, and Canada

England and Wales: Homicide Rates Show No Connection at All to Gun Control

The United Kingdom is often held up as evidence of the effectiveness of gun control. After all, since 1920, the UK has experienced increasingly restrictive gun control, leading up to an almost-total ban on handguns, and even many shotguns.

And yet, the homicide rate increased for years after gun confiscation was put into effect:

-----

s I have noted here, the homicide rate had fallen to historic lows in Britain by the 18th century, and continued at low rates in spite of easy access to firearms throughout the 19th century and early 20th century.

There is no indication that the homicide rate has been a function of gun control restrictions in the UK, given that the murder rate was higher through most of the 20th century than it had been before the UK began enacting gun control.

Also........

Murder and homicide rates before and after gun bans - Crime Prevention Research Center

Original post: Every place that has been banned guns (either all guns or all handguns) has seen murder rates go up. You cannot point to one place where murder rates have fallen, whether it’s Chicago or D.C. or even island nations such as England, Jamaica, or Ireland.

For an example of homicide rates before and after a ban, take the case of the handgun ban in England and Wales in January 1997 (source here see Table 1.01 and the column marked “Offences currently recorded as homicide per million population,” UPDATED numbers available here).

After the ban, clearly homicide rates bounce around over time, but there is only one year (2010) where the homicide rate is lower than it was in 1996.

The immediate effect was about a 50 percent increase in homicide rates.

Firearm homicide rate had almost doubled between 1996 and 2002 (see here p. 11).

The homicide and firearm homicide rates only began falling when there was a large increase in the number of police officers during 2003 and 2004.

Despite the huge increase in the number of police, the murder rate still remained slightly higher than the immediate pre-ban rate.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back