Ten myth busting facts about welfare

What is it about liberals whereas they don't understand the word Broke?

Do you know what broke means? Broke means no money. Broke usually means in debt. Broke means failure.

Only a Democrat would opt for failure every time.

There's plenty of money to do everything we need. It's just not distributed correctly.

The top 1% controls 43% of the wealth. The top 20% controls 87% of the wealth. You could redistribute the wealth and provide enough jobs to support the entire country, and there are plenty of htings that need to be done to repair infrastructure.

Redistribution never works and never has, all throughout history no matter how it has tried to be done.
Idiot. Certainly worked for GOP 1% the last 30 years, fool. see sig

Liberal policies are the cause.
Such as? lol.

One myth-busting fact...

Get off your lazy ass and get a job, and you get off my dime....

But you're a Democrat, right????

No problem. HOw about the rich stop replacing working folks with robots or moving jobs to China so there are jobs to get?

Here's the thing I found annoying. I had a problem with my email. I called Comcast, and spent 20 minutes dicking around with a robo-caller before I actually got to talk to a live person. This person was obviously in a call center in the Philippines and had a dubious grasp on English.

You see, our priorities are kind of screwed up. Our goal should be to get enough people working and bringing home paychecks, not how much wealth we can accumulate with the 1%.

So let me ask: did you quit using Comcast to show your solidarity with American phone operators?

That number would be even higher without welfare programs like medicaid/medicare/wic/food stamps/social security..

No, it would be lower. Why?

Because these social programs encourage people to stay on them. The way to stay on them is to limit your income. I've experienced this several times myself. Perhaps you read my post of tenants I had to evict because they were late with rent and getting later all the time. I suggested that the female of the household work a part-time weekend job to supplement her boyfriends income. She dismissed the suggestion. Why? Because she was getting $200.00 a month in food stamps.

Without food stamps, they would be forced to increase their income. Because of food stamps, they were pressured into keeping their income limited. To make a long story short, I did evict them. It's on their record now and it will be very difficult for them to find nice rentals in the future.

for every instance where you could prove that these social programs helped somebody, I could find five where they hurt people instead.

"If you pay people not to work, don't be surprised when they don't."
Rush Limbaugh
Don't try to push this lie onto me, they don't encourage people to stay on them, do you know how much the average amount in food stamp benefits is? Who receives them? The number of employed people on welfare? What constitutes welfare? Quoting rush? LOL.

That's just one instance of a personal experience I'm posting here. There are dozens from other sources that concur.

Welfare now pays better than the average working job if you consider taxes and all benefits. Of course this is if you are using every possible welfare program offered.

Nobody wants to give up free money. Free money is an incentive to continue getting that free money. If you are getting $250.00 per month in various benefits, and you have an opportunity to get $300.00 more in wages, are you going to take that opportunity of a wage increase if it only means fifty bucks to you after taxes? Of course not. Nobody would. You'd be better off working less hours and making less money than to make 50 bucks more a month.
You can't abuse welfare in the way you're describing, it's virtually impossible.

It's not abusing the system at all. It's legit. That's the problem.

These people can get pretty creative when it comes to scamming taxpayers out of money. For instance, I had a coworker who's wife worked at a convenience store. The girls were talking about trying to make ends meet and raising a family and whatnot. One of the women spoke out and said "Just do what I did, apply for these welfare programs and you'll be set."

Upon further questioning, she explained that all she had to do is tell welfare that her husband left her and she was stuck alone. Not only did they give her money and benefits, but she was allowed to work quite a bit of hours on top of it.

Welfare is not about to go out, find her husband, and question him about it. Even if they caught him at the house, that's not proof he actually lives there with her.

I had a new neighbor move in a couple of doors down a few years ago. I was shocked to see it was a guy I knew from work. We were talking and he explained he moved into a HUD house. He and his girlfriend moved there, but the government has no idea he lives with her. They even had a child together, and she didn't reveal who the father was, they just upped her benefits.

I know where this guy works, and he doesn't make bad money. They will never get married because of the benefits she gets. About a year or so later, he moved out. When I seen him at work, I asked about it. He claimed they didn't like living on such a busy street because they had all those kids. So they complained to HUD about it and they found them another home, larger, on a much quieter street in our suburb. So they moved.
Good schedules and a living wage would make those crap Pub jobs worth doing. Yes he does make bad money. Everyone tries to appear happy with their circumstances, but people on assistance would jump for a good paying job. And they ALL have to apply for 10 jobs a week if they're not disabled. It's a grubby full time job to be on assistance.

What is it about liberals whereas they don't understand the word Broke?

Do you know what broke means? Broke means no money. Broke usually means in debt. Broke means failure.

Only a Democrat would opt for failure every time.

There's plenty of money to do everything we need. It's just not distributed correctly.

The top 1% controls 43% of the wealth. The top 20% controls 87% of the wealth. You could redistribute the wealth and provide enough jobs to support the entire country, and there are plenty of htings that need to be done to repair infrastructure.

Redistribution never works and never has, all throughout history no matter how it has tried to be done.

Such as? lol.

When ever Capitalism is controlled by over regulating is one.

No, it would be lower. Why?

Because these social programs encourage people to stay on them. The way to stay on them is to limit your income. I've experienced this several times myself. Perhaps you read my post of tenants I had to evict because they were late with rent and getting later all the time. I suggested that the female of the household work a part-time weekend job to supplement her boyfriends income. She dismissed the suggestion. Why? Because she was getting $200.00 a month in food stamps.

Without food stamps, they would be forced to increase their income. Because of food stamps, they were pressured into keeping their income limited. To make a long story short, I did evict them. It's on their record now and it will be very difficult for them to find nice rentals in the future.

for every instance where you could prove that these social programs helped somebody, I could find five where they hurt people instead.

"If you pay people not to work, don't be surprised when they don't."
Rush Limbaugh
Don't try to push this lie onto me, they don't encourage people to stay on them, do you know how much the average amount in food stamp benefits is? Who receives them? The number of employed people on welfare? What constitutes welfare? Quoting rush? LOL.

That's just one instance of a personal experience I'm posting here. There are dozens from other sources that concur.

Welfare now pays better than the average working job if you consider taxes and all benefits. Of course this is if you are using every possible welfare program offered.

Nobody wants to give up free money. Free money is an incentive to continue getting that free money. If you are getting $250.00 per month in various benefits, and you have an opportunity to get $300.00 more in wages, are you going to take that opportunity of a wage increase if it only means fifty bucks to you after taxes? Of course not. Nobody would. You'd be better off working less hours and making less money than to make 50 bucks more a month.
You can't abuse welfare in the way you're describing, it's virtually impossible.

These people can get pretty creative when it comes to scamming taxpayers out of money. For instance, I had a coworker who's wife worked at a convenience store. The girls were talking about trying to make ends meet and raising a family and whatnot. One of the women spoke out and said "Just do what I did, apply for these welfare programs and you'll be set."

Upon further questioning, she explained that all she had to do is tell welfare that her husband left her and she was stuck alone. Not only did they give her money and benefits, but she was allowed to work quite a bit of hours on top of it.

Welfare is not about to go out, find her husband, and question him about it. Even if they caught him at the house, that's not proof he actually lives there with her.

I had a new neighbor move in a couple of doors down a few years ago. I was shocked to see it was a guy I knew from work. We were talking and he explained he moved into a HUD house. He and his girlfriend moved there, but the government has no idea he lives with her. They even had a child together, and she didn't reveal who the father was, they just upped her benefits.

I know where this guy works, and he doesn't make bad money. They will never get married because of the benefits she gets. About a year or so later, he moved out. When I seen him at work, I asked about it. He claimed they didn't like living on such a busy street because they had all those kids. So they complained to HUD about it and they found them another home, larger, on a much quieter street in our suburb. So they moved.
Good schedules and a living wage would make those crap Pub jobs worth doing. Yes he does make bad money. Everyone tries to appear happy with their circumstances, but people on assistance would jump for a good paying job. And they ALL have to apply for 10 jobs a week if they're not disabled. It's a grubby full time job to be on assistance.

There are all kinds of jobs that pay a decent wage, it's just that you can't get Americans to take those jobs. Our welfare system makes it too inviting to stay on the dole. And where do you get this "10 jobs a week" garbage from?

You hater dupe jackasses seem to think people like poverty. So stupid. There aren't many jobs, and too many suq and are too hard to get to. At least now they include health care. No thanks to you tools of the greedy rich idiots/a-holes. And thanks for all the corrupt depressions, scandals and bubbles/busts. Real scandals.

seem to think people like poverty

the democrat leaders do in fact they love it

it is how they make their living
Nonsense. 6 years of growth after the GOP wrecked the world. Again. GTF out of the way, dupes.

more on welfare now then ever

poverty as well

wages stagnant

the democrats are in the business of keeping people poor
This ruin of the nonrich has been going on for 30 years and will continue as long as you and your greedy a-hole rich heroes block reform (taxing a-holes their fair share, living wage, training, infrastructure, etc). Your talkig point is pure bs and only a brainwashed disgrace like you can believe it. READ:

The Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.
Over the past 30 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:
1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.
Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.
But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):
1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%
A 13% drop since 1980
2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:
1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%
An increase of 16% since Reagan.
3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.
1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)
A 12.3% drop after Reagan.
4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:
1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%
A 45% increase after 1980.
5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.
Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:
1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%
A 5.6 times increase.
6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:
1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%
A 10% Decrease.
Links:
1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Zh1bveXc8rA/SuddUhLWUaI/AAAAAAAAA7M/iU2gefk317M/s1600-h/Clipboard01.jpg
2 – http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/blog/09/04/27/CongratulationstoEmmanuelSaez/
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = http://www.bea.gov/national/nipaweb/TableView.asp?SelectedTable=58&Freq=Qtr&FirstYear=2008&LastYear=2010
4 = http://www.prudentbear.com/index.php/household-sector-debt-of-gdp
4 = http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/z1/current/
5/6 = http://www.businessinsider.com/15-charts-about-wealth-and-inequality-in-america-2010-4?slop=1#slideshow-start
Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010062415/reagan-revolution-home-roost-charts

greedy a-hole rich heroes

get a grip man

--LOL

So let me ask: did you quit using Comcast to show your solidarity with American phone operators?

dude, you miss the point more often than a retard.

Obviously, I can't quit Comcast without a lot of problems. Especially since ATT and whoever has the same problem.

I just point out, our economic model of enriching the 1% just doesn't work. Time to try something else.

There are all kinds of jobs that pay a decent wage, it's just that you can't get Americans to take those jobs. Our welfare system makes it too inviting to stay on the dole. And where do you get this "10 jobs a week" garbage from?

Really? What jobs are those? and how do you define a "decent wage"?

Guy, you've been taking it up the ass from the 1-percenters so long you've developed Stockholm Syndrome.

You hater dupe jackasses seem to think people like poverty. So stupid. There aren't many jobs, and too many suq and are too hard to get to. At least now they include health care. No thanks to you tools of the greedy rich idiots/a-holes. And thanks for all the corrupt depressions, scandals and bubbles/busts. Real scandals.

Nonsense. 6 years of growth after the GOP wrecked the world. Again. GTF out of the way, dupes.

slowest recovery in HISTORY.

You call this a recovery? Its like a 7 year case of the flu thanks to Democrats and their stupid ass policies. With friends like Democrats the poor don't need any enemies.

exactly

Ask him, h

poverty as well

wages stagnant

This ruin of the nonrich has been going on for 30 years and will continue as long as you and your greedy a-hole rich heroes block reform (taxing a-holes their fair share, living wage, training, infrastructure, etc). Your talkig point is pure bs and only a brainwashed disgrace like you can believe it. READ:

The Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.
Over the past 30 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:
1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.
Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.
But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):
1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%
A 13% drop since 1980
2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:
1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%
An increase of 16% since Reagan.
3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.
1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)
A 12.3% drop after Reagan.
4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:
1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%
A 45% increase after 1980.
5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.
Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:
1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%
A 5.6 times increase.
6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:
1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%
A 10% Decrease.
Links:
1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Zh1bveXc8rA/SuddUhLWUaI/AAAAAAAAA7M/iU2gefk317M/s1600-h/Clipboard01.jpg
2 – http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/blog/09/04/27/CongratulationstoEmmanuelSaez/
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = http://www.bea.gov/national/nipaweb/TableView.asp?SelectedTable=58&Freq=Qtr&FirstYear=2008&LastYear=2010
4 = http://www.prudentbear.com/index.php/household-sector-debt-of-gdp
4 = http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/z1/current/
5/6 = http://www.businessinsider.com/15-charts-about-wealth-and-inequality-in-america-2010-4?slop=1#slideshow-start
Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010062415/reagan-revolution-home-roost-charts

greedy a-hole rich heroes

get a grip man

--LOL
READ IT, dupe. And get off the greedy a-hole idiot billionaire channel.

Such as? lol.

You find that funny?
When we have recessions or depressions the rich move their wealth to bonds and let it sit there rather than investing and spending.
"They're consuming less and saving more," Which increases their wealth.

Such as? lol.

You find that funny?
When we have recessions or depressions the rich move their wealth to bonds and let it sit there rather than investing and spending.
"They're consuming less and saving more," Which increases their wealth.

actually they just leave

we are about to lose another industry completely

Guy, you've been taking it up the ass from the 1-percenters so long you've developed Stockholm Syndrome.

What jobs? My industry can use tens of thousands of people. We can't find them. Employers are hiring foreigners to do the work. And we were talking about this just the other day at work: when we go to these industrial sites, all you see is HELP WANTED signs. Signs everywhere like there was an election coming up or something. You go down the same streets a month later, the signs are still out on their lawns.

dude, you miss the point more often than a retard.

Obviously, I can't quit Comcast without a lot of problems. Especially since ATT and whoever has the same problem.

I just point out, our economic model of enriching the 1% just doesn't work. Time to try something else.

Something else like what? Do you know who is enriching the 1%? You are. Not just you, but all of us. We willing give them our money in exchange for products and services.

Your cable, phone, internet, and a variety of companies use foreigners to handle their customer service because it's cheaper. If you don't approve of it, do something about it. Take a stand. Find a company that has American customer service representatives. At the very least, write to Comcast and express how unhappy you are with foreigners in the customer service department.

poverty as well

wages stagnant

i don't see the republicans having anything more constructive than repeal instead of better solutions at lower cost.

we can solve simple poverty tomorrow; but, the right declaims the existence of their god by being infidel, protestant, and renegade to a Goodly and "god given" moral of "goodwill toward men".

All it may require is Faith in the execution of our own laws as a moral "proof" of our faith in a god.

What jobs? My industry can use tens of thousands of people. We can't find them. Employers are hiring foreigners to do the work. And we were talking about this just the other day at work: when we go to these industrial sites, all you see is HELP WANTED signs. Signs everywhere like there was an election coming up or something. You go down the same streets a month later, the signs are still out on their lawns.

So stop blocking programs to train our workers duh.

Which industry is that?

Companies like hiring foreigners because there's nothing like being able to threaten deportation to keep people in line.

omething else like what? Do you know who is enriching the 1%? You are. Not just you, but all of us. We willing give them our money in exchange for products and services.

Your cable, phone, internet, and a variety of companies use foreigners to handle their customer service because it's cheaper. If you don't approve of it, do something about it. Take a stand. Find a company that has American customer service representatives. At the very least, write to Comcast and express how unhappy you are with foreigners in the customer service department.

actually, no. What we need are to pass laws requiring them to put their call centers in the US.

Done

We could also break up their defacto monopolies

So stop blocking programs to train our workers duh.

You mean like school? or "on the job training"? Hard to be "on the job" when Democrats believe Food Stamps and unemployment drive the economy

Which industry is that?

Companies like hiring foreigners because there's nothing like being able to threaten deportation to keep people in line.

Huh?

Your local shopkeepers do that?

Forum List

Back