Ten myth busting facts about welfare

What jobs? My industry can use tens of thousands of people. We can't find them. Employers are hiring foreigners to do the work. And we were talking about this just the other day at work: when we go to these industrial sites, all you see is HELP WANTED signs. Signs everywhere like there was an election coming up or something. You go down the same streets a month later, the signs are still out on their lawns.

What jobs? My industry can use tens of thousands of people. We can't find them. Employers are hiring foreigners to do the work. And we were talking about this just the other day at work: when we go to these industrial sites, all you see is HELP WANTED signs. Signs everywhere like there was an election coming up or something. You go down the same streets a month later, the signs are still out on their lawns.
So stop blocking programs to train our workers duh.

Nobody is stopping anything except in your little mind. DUH!
So you totally have no clue...Free community college? Immigration bill? Training for tech? Infrastructure ank? Taxes on rich and corps?etc etc

You said that we were stopping them. Nobody is stopping anybody from anything. You want to learn a trade, I say great, but you have to pay for it--not me.

Our corporations already pay the highest tax rate in the entire world, that's one of the reasons why many of them moved out of the country. So you want to increase taxes even more and have more companies move out?
That corp tax rate is also IMAGINARY, dupe. They pay an effective rate of 12% and 55% of giant corps pay nothing, dupe. You're a talking point chump going lalalalalalalal/ Later much

Oil and Gas Company Tax Breaks
Posted on February 28, 2008

It’s true that Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama have associated the transfer of U.S. jobs overseas with tax breaks, or loopholes, for companies that practice off-shoring:

Both candidates are referring to a feature of the U.S. tax code that allows domestic companies to defer taxes on “unrepatriated income.” In other words, revenue that companies earn through their overseas subsidiaries goes untaxed by the IRS as long as it stays off the company’s U.S. books.

But economists, including left-leaning ones, do not agree that eliminating this provision will bring an end to off-shoring. And here’s why: In the U.S., companies are taxed 35 percent on earnings of $10 million to $15 million or on all earnings over $18.3 million. That’s one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world, making an overseas move somewhat attractive to companies that wish to avoid the U.S. tax rate. But that’s not the leading reason companies send jobs overseas. According to a 2005 report by the Government Accountability Office, global technological advancement, increased openness of countries such as China and India, the higher education level of foreign workers in technological fields, and the reduced cost per foreign worker are all contributing factors to off-shoring.

You hater dupe jackasses seem to think people like poverty. So stupid. There aren't many jobs, and too many suq and are too hard to get to. At least now they include health care. No thanks to you tools of the greedy rich idiots/a-holes. And thanks for all the corrupt depressions, scandals and bubbles/busts. Real scandals.

Democrats control the inner cities and the money where the poor live, got nothing to say? Yeah we thought so.
Already said it. Too bad you can't recognize reality, dupe.

Dupe pub pub dupe pub dupe dupe pub dupe pub dupe...infinity :laugh:
Story of how our country was ruined. Billionaire a-holes and functional morons like you.

Can you name something specific billionaires did or do you just hate them because you were told to hate them and you obeyed?

So stop blocking programs to train our workers duh.

So you totally have no clue...Free community college? Immigration bill? Training for tech? Infrastructure ank? Taxes on rich and corps?etc etc

You said that we were stopping them. Nobody is stopping anybody from anything. You want to learn a trade, I say great, but you have to pay for it--not me.

Our corporations already pay the highest tax rate in the entire world, that's one of the reasons why many of them moved out of the country. So you want to increase taxes even more and have more companies move out?
That corp tax rate is also IMAGINARY, dupe. They pay an effective rate of 12% and 55% of giant corps pay nothing, dupe. You're a talking point chump going lalalalalalalal/ Later much

It’s true that Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama have associated the transfer of U.S. jobs overseas with tax breaks, or loopholes, for companies that practice off-shoring:

Both candidates are referring to a feature of the U.S. tax code that allows domestic companies to defer taxes on “unrepatriated income.” In other words, revenue that companies earn through their overseas subsidiaries goes untaxed by the IRS as long as it stays off the company’s U.S. books.

But economists, including left-leaning ones, do not agree that eliminating this provision will bring an end to off-shoring. And here’s why: In the U.S., companies are taxed 35 percent on earnings of $10 million to $15 million or on all earnings over $18.3 million. That’s one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world, making an overseas move somewhat attractive to companies that wish to avoid the U.S. tax rate. But that’s not the leading reason companies send jobs overseas. According to a 2005 report by the Government Accountability Office, global technological advancement, increased openness of countries such as China and India, the higher education level of foreign workers in technological fields, and the reduced cost per foreign worker are all contributing factors to off-shoring.

But the same is true of foriegn companies operating here in the US, which employ millions of workers.

If the US taxed foreign income other countries would do the same, resulting in a massive loss of domestic jobs.

Bad plan.

The bottom line is really that there is a massive number of reasons companies invest outside the US. Instead of trying to punish companies for investing outside the US, how about we reward them for investing in the US.

And honestly, by reward, I don't mean tax poor people, to give out government grants to Solyndra.

It's even simpler than that. Just make it more profitable to invest here. That alone, will solve the problem.

Murdoch, the Kochs, Adelson, and Moon run the bs propaganda service that turned your brain to hateful, selfish, angry, un-American mush, all to make possible their grab for power and lucre. Ruining the nonrich and the country over 30 years. We don't have a bs propaganda machine.

Something specific? World depression, stupidest wars ever, Halliburton, see sig, blocking reform and living wage, S+L, Immigration bill. Ferchrissake, you people just keep getting dumber and dumber.

One myth-busting fact...

Get off your lazy ass and get a job, and you get off my dime....

But you're a Democrat, right????
Oh Christ stop pretending YOUR tax dollars are the ones supporting this program. There's a high probability they don't. You cons like to pretend you are more important than you actually are.

You obviously didn't even bother to read the article. Anyone on TANF is employed. Most of the money spent on it goes directly to the children affected. 8% goes to helping the adults find higher paying jobs.

But the same is true of foriegn companies operating here in the US, which employ millions of workers.

If the US taxed foreign income other countries would do the same, resulting in a massive loss of domestic jobs.

Bad plan.

The bottom line is really that there is a massive number of reasons companies invest outside the US. Instead of trying to punish companies for investing outside the US, how about we reward them for investing in the US.

And honestly, by reward, I don't mean tax poor people, to give out government grants to Solyndra.

It's even simpler than that. Just make it more profitable to invest here. That alone, will solve the problem.
Our major problem now is the ruin of the nonrich by pander to the rich policy and tax rates defended to the death by Pubs and dupes, and the ensuing lack of demand for product and services. Solyndra is not a magic word, except for brainwashed chumps like you. One of the few failures in a giant program, see China dumping.

After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole? :cuckoo:

Get a job bs in the face of the ruin of the entire country is angry, stupid, ignorant brainwashed Reaganist idiocy.

Bad plan.

I only posted the article to show Franco that yes, taxation is one of the reasons companies move out of town and stay there. But since you brought it up, one of Romney's plans was to lift the taxation on multinational companies THAT DO want to bring their money back to the US.

His philosophy was that the money is better here untaxed than not here at all. If GM ran into problems again, they could bring back foreign money from their other companies and bail themselves out. Cash that's laying around the US stands a better chance on being invested in the US.

Every year hundreds of Americans that work overseas renounce their citizenship to the US because of taxation alone.

You hater dupe jackasses seem to think people like poverty. So stupid. There aren't many jobs, and too many suq and are too hard to get to. At least now they include health care. No thanks to you tools of the greedy rich idiots/a-holes. And thanks for all the corrupt depressions, scandals and bubbles/busts. Real scandals.

Democrats control the inner cities and the money where the poor live, got nothing to say? Yeah we thought so.
Already said it. Too bad you can't recognize reality, dupe.

Dupe pub pub dupe pub dupe dupe pub dupe pub dupe...infinity :laugh:
Story of how our country was ruined. Billionaire a-holes and functional morons like you.

Can you name something specific billionaires did or do you just hate them because you were told to hate them and you obeyed?

The left are like puppets. Whatever their politicians tell them, they believe.

In the mind of a liberal, there is only so much money in the country........like a bubble.

If one person has too much, it means that others have too little and it's the fault of the wealthy.

Conservatives on the other hand know this is a myth. There is endless money in the country. It's just the idea of who goes out and gets it. Until I see the day where I ask my employer for a raise, and he tells me he'd love to give me a raise, but the wealthy people have all the money, then it's just a bogus story that the Democrats teach their sheep.

That's why they hate the rich.

Bad plan.

I only posted the article to show Franco that yes, taxation is one of the reasons companies move out of town and stay there. But since you brought it up, one of Romney's plans was to lift the taxation on multinational companies THAT DO want to bring their money back to the US.

His philosophy was that the money is better here untaxed than not here at all. If GM ran into problems again, they could bring back foreign money from their other companies and bail themselves out. Cash that's laying around the US stands a better chance on being invested in the US.

Every year hundreds of Americans that work overseas renounce their citizenship to the US because of taxation alone.
Obama also wanted to change taxes and regs to bring the companies home, but was mindlessly blocked of course. Ex-pats are always with us, despite Pub bs...

Bad plan.

Obama also wanted to change taxes and regs to bring the companies home, but was mindlessly blocked of course. Ex-pats are always with us, despite Pub bs...

By all means elaborate. What did DumBama want to do to lure companies back to the US without getting rid of punitive taxation for those wishing to bring money back?

Too bad you only get Pub bs, functional idiot.

1. GOP senators block top Obama jobs initiative -...
  2. www.cnn.com/2012/07/19/politics/senate-bring-jobs-home...
  3. Cached
  4. Jul 18, 2012 · Senate Republicans blocked Obama's jobs ... tax deductions for companies that move jobs ... Bring Jobs Home Act would provide a ...
  5. Senate Republicans Vote Against American Jobs By ...
    www.politicususa.com/2014/07/30/senate-republicans-vote...
  6. Senate Republicans blocked a bill today that would potentially bring millions of jobs back to the United States by refusing to end tax breaks for companies who ...
  7. Bring Jobs Home Act blocked by Republicans -...
    www.examiner.com/article/bring-jobs-home-act-blocked-by...
  8. Bring Jobs Home Act blocked by Republicans. ... Next: A prophetic case for Obama's second term. July 19, ... Company Links . About us; OnTopic ...
  9. Republicans block Bring Jobs Home Act, protecting...
    www.dailykos.com/story/2012/07/19/1111774/-Republicans
  10. Jul 18, 2012 · Republicans block Bring Jobs Home ... If someone is searching for "Barack Obama," is this a ... she passed legislation to pay companies to bring the jobs ...
  11. GOP senators block Dem ‘insourcing’ bill |...
    thehill.com/.../239029-republicans-blocked-the-democrats...
  12. Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked an "insourcing ... jobs overseas.The Bring Jobs Home Act also would have given a tax incentives to companies that bring jobs ...
  13. Stabenow’s “ Bring Jobs Home Act” Gets Majority...
    www.stabenow.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=804
  14. ... was supported by a majority of Senators today but Senate Republicans blocked the bill with ... for Companies that Bring Jobs ... Bring Jobs Home ...
  15. Republicans Spread Despair by Blocking Bill to...
    www.politicususa.com/2012/07/23/republicans-spread...
  16. ... Republicans blocked a measure to reward companies that ... when Democrats and President Obama sought to ... With Republicans blocking the Bring Jobs Home ...

One myth-busting fact...

Oh Christ stop pretending YOUR tax dollars are the ones supporting this program. There's a high probability they don't. You cons like to pretend you are more important than you actually are.

You obviously didn't even bother to read the article. Anyone on TANF is employed. Most of the money spent on it goes directly to the children affected. 8% goes to helping the adults find higher paying jobs.

It is my tax money. I can see the withholding on my check dude.

I can look up where money goes in the governmental budgets.

You Democraps like to pretend that the magic money fairy pays for everything. Sorry, it's the working people that pay for everything.

I qualified for TANF. That in and of itself, proves it should be cut.

"With the Senate Republicans action on Thursday, they exposed their agenda of corporate profit protection at the expense of Americans’ jobs. In one fell swoop, they obeyed the Chamber of Commerce, guaranteed more companies will outsource Americans’ jobs, subsidized outsourcing with taxpayer dollars, provided millions for Romney, created jobs in foreign countries, prevented economic growth, and most importantly, killed millions of Americans’ jobs. Their claim the bill was a political ploy by the Obama Administration is patently false because this is the second time in two years Republicans blocked an anti-outsourcing bill. In 2010 after Republicans blocked a similar bill, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid commented that the bill was a “simple, common-sense” effort to “keep American jobs here in America” and to “stop forcing taxpayers across the nation to pay for giveaways that reward companies for sending American jobs overseas.” Mitch McConnell said at the time that the bill was “an insult to the millions of Americans who want us to focus on jobs.” Yes, he really said it and since then, he and his job-killing cohorts have taken every step to convince Americans that the GOP is following the will of the people who want Republicans to “focus on jobs” while they ship them overseas.
The Republican focus on jobs since January 2009 has been killing them, not creating them. They voted against the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (stimulus), opposed the auto industry bailout, payroll tax cut and extension, all of the President’s jobs bills, and have blocked any new revenue sources that would fund rebuilding the nation’s infrastructure. All of the Republican job-killing measures have as their basis protection of the rich and keeping unemployment figures high, and they are not close to being finished if they win control of the White House and both houses of Congress. One of Romney and Republicans promises is to give corporations more tax cuts and leeway to outsource jobs and the only winners are the corporations and their wealthy investors like Willard Romney.
Rewarding companies that outsource American jobs is more than just enriching corporations, it is about ethics and moral responsibility to the American people who expect their representatives to look out for their interests. Willard Romney and the Chamber of Commerce tell Americans that outsourcing is good for business, and instead of acknowledging the devastating effect on the economy and American workers, Willard said, “the world of finance is not as simple as some would have you believe,” but for Americans who lost their jobs to outsourcing, Romney’s words are no consolation. Outsourcing may be perfectly acceptable in the complicated world of high finance, but it is extremely unpopular with the American people. In a recent Wall Street Journal poll, 83% of blue-collar workers and 95% of professionals and managers believe the weak economy and joblessness is because of outsourcing American jobs. However, continuing tax cuts for the top 2% of income earners is extremely unpopular too, but that has not stopped the GOP from going ahead with plans to extend the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy."
Republicans Spread Despair by Blocking Bill to Bring Jobs Home

Your boys are a disgrace, and so are you for swallowing their bs and lack of coverage of inconvenient fact.

One myth-busting fact...

You Democraps like to pretend that the magic money fairy pays for everything. Sorry, it's the working people that pay for everything.

How bout a living wage and raising all boats? Now you know why food stamps and assistance have risen, not by changes in regs, but by the slow ruin of the working class by your lying greedy idiot heroes.

One myth-busting fact...

How bout a living wage and raising all boats? Now you know why food stamps and assistance have risen, not by changes in regs, but by the slow ruin of the working class by your lying greedy idiot heroes.
How about getting an education and a job....

Dupe, blerp ding, etc.

One myth-busting fact...

Yes, society generally works together to help everyone, even the disadvantaged. Your anecdotal talkings about TANF mean nothing to the OP. Poverty would be much worse without any federal aid programs.

One myth-busting fact...

In a free country, it's not up to the government to make you what you're worth, it's up to the individual to make themselves what they are worth.

Forum List

Back