Tennessee Apparently Passes Law Allowing Drivers To Run Over Protesters

Tennessee Passes Controversial Law Allowing Drivers to Injure Protesters Without Civil Liability | We Are Change
I don't agree with the web site or the writer of the article, but the news remains the same. If you decide to block the road while protesting, there are now consequences. This makes me happy.
U.S. Drivers Can Now 'Legally' Hit Protestors Standing In Their Way
Another place.

Apparently it means that the protestor can't sue you, but you can still face criminal charges.

I think North Dakota just did that too. About the pipeline.

Tell us, why does a blatant contravention of the First Amendment's guarantee of the Right to Assemble "make you happy"?
It's kinda like the second amendment and gun free zones...constitutional cherry pickers are always going to do both those things while trying to justify why their amendment matters more
More like Liberals don't understand that there's no right to infringe on the rights of others. Peaceably Assembling doesn't mean you're allowed to block the passage of others. Nothing is forcing you numbskulls to assemble in the middle of a freeway. How about, you know, assembling on a sidewalk?

This law is dumb.

Why I would never sue any protester who crawled under my car upside down at high speed.

Not ever in my life.
I found it interesting to see how upset the liberals became at the very thought that they would no longer be free to stop traffic, terrorize people in cars and have free reign over city streets and sue anyone who managed to get away and happened to bump into them or run them over. It really gives you an idea of just how indulged and deluded they have become under 8 years of Obama.

But they aren't free to do those things. They weren't before this law.
The laws weren't enforced under Obama. Times are changing. Trump will enforce the law and the cops know that he's got their back. It's a new day.

Did Obama direct local police forces not to enforce laws regarding blocking public road passage?

Was Obama president when this happened? Mass Arrests After Ferguson Protesters Block Highway Or this? 41 arrested for blocking I-35W Or this? Protesters snarl morning commute on I-93 near Boston - The Boston Globe

Maybe it's happening more often recently, with people pissed off about the election or the EOs Trump has signed. Protesters blocking roads and getting arrested for it is nothing new, though.

Security isn't a premeditated function. The level of security depends on the actions of an aggressor and his ability to do great harm. The options open to such a person depends on the location where the protestors are blocking the road. In the city a protest could be up close and personal but you don't generally become a target for violence unless you become violent yourself. Calling in the cops and waiting for them to arrive would be the best decision. If you start driving over people and you get shot, I have no sympathy for you!

This is my final post on this matter. I don't feel that my pro-life stance is welcome here!

You advocated laying in wait and then shooting a driver who did not slow when a mob of protestors stepped in front of their vehicle on a highway or a freeway.

Such an act is premeditated homicide. If you do this, you will be charged.

Is ending the Constitution in order to give Soros unlimited power worth spending the rest of your life in prison over?
The protestors are already standing in the road way. They don't have to step in front of the driver. And there has to be a precedent to settle this once and for all. Lets find it!
I do not care about precedent. I'm from Georgia and if you get in front of my vehicle and try to trap me with a mob of protesters, I'm plowing through! No if's, and's or but's about it. I'm going straight on. You have two options. You're going around my car or under it. Your choice.
View attachment 112191

That looks like a threat.
It can't be a threat. I don't even know anyone here and will probably never meet any of you in person. It was meant to be funny for those of you with a sense of humor.

Security isn't a premeditated function. The level of security depends on the actions of an aggressor and his ability to do great harm. The options open to such a person depends on the location where the protestors are blocking the road. In the city a protest could be up close and personal but you don't generally become a target for violence unless you become violent yourself. Calling in the cops and waiting for them to arrive would be the best decision. If you start driving over people and you get shot, I have no sympathy for you!

This is my final post on this matter. I don't feel that my pro-life stance is welcome here!

You advocated laying in wait and then shooting a driver who did not slow when a mob of protestors stepped in front of their vehicle on a highway or a freeway.

Is ending the Constitution in order to give Soros unlimited power worth spending the rest of your life in prison over?
The protestors are already standing in the road way. They don't have to step in front of the driver. And there has to be a precedent to settle this once and for all. Lets find it!
I do not care about precedent. I'm from Georgia and if you get in front of my vehicle and try to trap me with a mob of protesters, I'm plowing through! No if's, and's or but's about it. I'm going straight on. You have two options. You're going around my car or under it. Your choice.
How are you going to differentiate between protestors and shoppers?
Shoppers are found inside stores. Normal protesters are found on sidewalks and the violent ones are found in the middle of the street trying to pull drivers from their cars. It's not rocket science. Don't over think it.
Peaceful protestors don't pull people from cars. You just threw that in there to make a straw man case. I am talking about peaceful protestors who are doing nothing but standing in a street or roadway. I would not advise anyone to stand in the middle of a highway. ANd shoppers are everywhere going to and fro,stopping to see whats going on etc etc. If you plow through a crowd, especially in a city setting, you risk hurting people who have nothing to do with the protest.

View attachment 112191

That looks like a threat.
That is because it is a threat. Mr. I'm a retired police officer is having a meltdown. Like I said before, the hatred is palpable. These people are unhinged. Good thing someone took this guys badge. Hopefully they took his gun too.

It is NOT a threat. It is an illustration showing that your premise is full of holes. If I had meant it to be a threat I would have said so. Then again, you can't threaten anonymous people on a message board because you can't possibly follow through with any threat. should I feel threatened by those of you with vehicles in your avatar? :lol: :lol:

My husband said my Mercedes station wagon weighs about 3,000 lbs. I thought it weighed 4,000 lbs. I need to correct myself on that one. But my engine is very powerful the car is a very heavy car and has a lot of power to it. It's a tank. I bought it because it was so solid and dependable. I was going to get a Range Rover but decided I liked the wagon better. Next time I'll get a Range Rover with one of them deer bumper guards on the front. I'm going to buy me a bumper sticker that says I do not stop for protesters. They cannot say they were not warned.

Yeah,Mercedes are built like tanks.
The wife's 300 got rear ended by a Honda accord and it totaled the Accord while leaving the Benzs with minor bumper damage.
Yes, I have a 300 and I feel very safe in it. I'm not surprised the Accord was totaled. That was no match for a Benz. Your wife is in a great car. I plan on driving the wheels off of mine.

Oh she did. She put over 500,000 thousand miles on it before she got rid of it.
The funny part,when she traded it in a black dude took it for a test drive and never came back.:lmao:
I have 223,000 miles on mine and a mechanic told me I haven't even broken the engine in yet. It's a real cream puff. I love it. Newer is not better these days. My car is a keeper. I have strangers who literally come up to me asking me to sell them my car! I tell them it's not for sale and then they give me their phone number and say, if you ever want to sell it! Here's my number! I'm amazed that the guy stole the car on a test drive! Some folks just don't have any shame!

Is it the five cylinder diesel? If so it'll run forever.
Stop talking about vehicles, I feel threatened... :lol:

Why are some posters here rationalizing killing protesters? Why do they think it is altogether fitting and proper to run down their fellow Americans?

I heard similar 'thoughts' from Right Wing Establishment types after the Ohio National Guard killed four students at Kent State University in May of 1970.

Why are these people considering themselves to be Americans?

If I were to encounter road protesters I would slowly creep through the line.
If they started to pound on my truck and scream profanities all bets are off and I'm punching it.

I dont want to run anyone over but I also wont stand for my rights or my safety being compromised.

You wanna protest do it from the sidewalk,but dont block pedestrians in the process....the cops aren't likely to take your side,on the highway or off.

The BASTARD that punched that woman should have been arrested. Now he and those like him feel free to do it over and over again.

I normally dont condone striking a woman but in this situation she deserved it.
She not only punched him she spit on him.
You want equal rights? You got em.
Apparently the cop agreed.

The cops aren't the judge and jury, they are supposed to enforce the law. The woman should sue the city for aiding and abetting a violent offender!

Nope,cops discretion.

Bull shit. Cops don't have that kind of discretion. They can not ignore criminal behavior , especially when cameras are recording it. The woman needs to seek a good lawyer and take her complaint before the court.

Last edited:
With a truck that weighs 5700 lbs has 400 horsepower and 400 ft. lbs. of torque it better be a damn strong chain,because when it snaps it's gonna fuck up a lot of protesters.
My husband said my Mercedes station wagon weighs about 3,000 lbs. I thought it weighed 4,000 lbs. I need to correct myself on that one. But my engine is very powerful the car is a very heavy car and has a lot of power to it. It's a tank. I bought it because it was so solid and dependable. I was going to get a Range Rover but decided I liked the wagon better. Next time I'll get a Range Rover with one of them deer bumper guards on the front. I'm going to buy me a bumper sticker that says I do not stop for protesters. They cannot say they were not warned.

Yeah,Mercedes are built like tanks.
The wife's 300 got rear ended by a Honda accord and it totaled the Accord while leaving the Benzs with minor bumper damage.
Yes, I have a 300 and I feel very safe in it. I'm not surprised the Accord was totaled. That was no match for a Benz. Your wife is in a great car. I plan on driving the wheels off of mine.

Oh she did. She put over 500,000 thousand miles on it before she got rid of it.
The funny part,when she traded it in a black dude took it for a test drive and never came back.:lmao:
I have 223,000 miles on mine and a mechanic told me I haven't even broken the engine in yet. It's a real cream puff. I love it. Newer is not better these days. My car is a keeper. I have strangers who literally come up to me asking me to sell them my car! I tell them it's not for sale and then they give me their phone number and say, if you ever want to sell it! Here's my number! I'm amazed that the guy stole the car on a test drive! Some folks just don't have any shame!
I' Is that a threat????

Shoppers are found inside stores. Normal protesters are found on sidewalks and the violent ones are found in the middle of the street trying to pull drivers from their cars. It's not rocket science. Don't over think it.
People intentionally blocking traffic and threatening drivers and pedestrians are no longer "protesters." They are rioters. If a person feels threatened by an angry mob, they are within their rights to get out of a dangerous situation by any means necessary. Blocking traffic and impeding business and making the public feel threatened by your presence is not protected by the First Amendment.
That is an excellent point. They are rioters. Not protesters.
But rioters are not blocking roadways, they are mobile and running wild. This op is about peaceful protestors who are simply chanting or singing kumbaya. And nowadays they are a mixed group of all races.

Hw are you going to differentiate between protestors and shoppers?

Shoppers arent screaming profanities and standing in the middle of the road,they're walking through the intersection with shopping bags.
See how shallow your thinking is? You just assume all shoppers have just finished shopping ands are loaded down with bags instead of heading to their favorite store empty handed,
Besides, are you going to wait for all the shoppers to get out of the way before you "plow" though the crowd????

My favorite part of your story is where you left out the screaming profanity part and the standing in the middle of the road.
Oh I see you are just going to "aim" your 2 ton vehicle at those with their mouths open or with sigs in their hands?

If u simply can't be sued, but can still be charged criminally... how does that mean it's legal?

It's always been legal in all states to run over protestors who attempt to arrest your movement, creating false imprisonment, causing you to fear for you or your passengers life. Charges will not be filed against a driver who runs over aggressive protestors attempting to stop them.
Got a case study or history? Hunh???whats wrong? cat got your typing finger????

It's on you to show case history of drivers convicted & punished for running over aggressive rioters who arrest their movement falsely imprisoning them causing fear of life! Because there is no case history if drivers are not charged & there is no case.

There are plenty of ways to protest without blocking the road. People who do that are being EXTREMELY obnoxious and selfish.

Stop right there, because that ain't the issue at all.

The issue is whether you can kill them for doing so via assault with a motor vehicle. I asked why you like that idea. I got no answer.
If someone is dumb enough to stand in traffic to protest, I'd rather see them weeded out of the gene pool. I must have missed your question, because that's a rather easy answer to give.

Again, nowhere in the Constitution is awarded the right to "weed out the gene pool because the weed is 'dumb'".

THINK about it.
Oh I do not think that there is anything wrong with the gene pool. You'll be amazed how quickly they wise up and get out of the road once the stories begin to roll in about street protesters being run over. The problem will disappear overnight. Count on it.
And once stories begin to circulate that road warriors are being shot in self defense...makeshift detours will abound.

Shooting at drivers just increases drivers reasonable fear & likely-hood hitting the gas to protect themselves from unreasonable aggressive rioter!

"Your Honor, There's no way I could stop my eighteen wheeler travelling 60 MPH, carrying 26 tons of canned Campbell's soup. One second the road was clear the next second the road was filled with 'snowflakes'.
Thankyou your Honor. Ya I'll keep at lookout for any snowflakes in the future".

Tennessee Passes Controversial Law Allowing Drivers to Injure Protesters Without Civil Liability | We Are Change
I don't agree with the web site or the writer of the article, but the news remains the same. If you decide to block the road while protesting, there are now consequences. This makes me happy.
U.S. Drivers Can Now 'Legally' Hit Protestors Standing In Their Way
Another place.

Apparently it means that the protestor can't sue you, but you can still face criminal charges.

I think North Dakota just did that too. About the pipeline.

Tell us, why does a blatant contravention of the First Amendment's guarantee of the Right to Assemble "make you happy"?
It's kinda like the second amendment and gun free zones...constitutional cherry pickers are always going to do both those things while trying to justify why their amendment matters more
More like Liberals don't understand that there's no right to infringe on the rights of others. Peaceably Assembling doesn't mean you're allowed to block the passage of others. Nothing is forcing you numbskulls to assemble in the middle of a freeway. How about, you know, assembling on a sidewalk?
So...if someone slows you down, you have the right to assault them with a deadly weapon? Interesting.

I would not drive through any crowd because I was angry, I would drive through it to protect those inside my vehicle if I felt we were in danger and I am within my rights to do that. My duty as a citizen and as a Christian is not to permit the wicked to break in and kill while sitting there and doing nothing. My responsibility is to stop them and to get my family out of harm's way and that is exactly what I would do if put in that situation. The bloodlust of the liberals can be openly seen on this thread as you see them enraged at the idea that they cannot stop traffic at will and "delay people" from going about their normal, daily lives. Just who do these people think they are and how did they get such grandiose ideas of entitlement and playing God in the lives of others?

It was 8 years of Barack Obama and liberals like him that led them to believe they could get away with it because under his administration? They could! Under President Trump's Administration? They can't. That is reality now. They need to accept it and move on. Move on.org just got put on notice. It's time for them to move on......

Forum List

Back