Terminally out-of-touch Democrats are limping into Tuesday like a wounded dog wagged by its woke tail

Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2017

But how else to explain the fact that as voters consistently tell pollsters they care most about crime, inflation, the economy, and immigration, the Democrats obstinately refuse to abandon their dog-eared playbook of pro-abortion maximalism, 'Orange Man Bad'-style January 6 fearmongering, and trite warnings about the purported threats to 'our democracy' if the opposition party wins a free and fair election.
White women, who broke for Joe Biden in the 2020 presidential election, voted overwhelmingly for Youngkin.

Comment:
Do you think the Dems will get the message?

I mean check out this completely tone-deaf comment by MSM commentators:

'I can assure you,' declared MSNBC's (now-former) host Tiffany Cross. 'This is about the fact that a good chunk of voters out there are OK with White supremacy. Let's call a thing a thing. Actually, scratch that. They are more than OK.'

But how else to explain the fact that as voters consistently tell pollsters they care most about crime, inflation, the economy, and immigration, the Democrats obstinately refuse to abandon their dog-eared playbook of pro-abortion maximalism, 'Orange Man Bad'-style January 6 fearmongering, and trite warnings about the purported threats to 'our democracy' if the opposition party wins a free and fair election.
White women, who broke for Joe Biden in the 2020 presidential election, voted overwhelmingly for Youngkin.

Comment:

'I can assure you,' declared MSNBC's (now-former) host Tiffany Cross. 'This is about the fact that a good chunk of voters out there are OK with White supremacy. Let's call a thing a thing. Actually, scratch that. They are more than OK.'
I would really wait until ALL votes are counted before crowing.

That is what all sane people are going to do.

Comment:

If you don't vote Democrat The World is going to End, and so is Democracy. Just ask a Democrat.

Look at this tired shit. Nothing makes me care LESS about "white supremacy" than bitches claiming it with ZERO evidence for political gain.

This pretty much sums up the last few years of black whining about bullshit.

You would think the 50% murder rate would drop, but Black people can multitask.

Comment:

Yeah, MAGA voters don’t even have to bother going to the polls.

Comment:

There is nothing tone-deaf. It happens to be the truth. Nearly half of the country supports fascism in the United States.

The reason that Youngkin won was because right wing fascists were more energized. In addition, the voter turnout in terms of early voting and mail-in ballots has far exceeded the turnout in 2018. I doubt that these polls are picking that up. No poll saw what happened in deep red Kansas. That a anti-abortion amendment would go down to a crushing defeat.
Three special elections of Republican held House seats were held earlier in the year. Democrats took 2 out of 3 and the turnout was much higher than expected. In the lone seat that Republicans held, a 15 point Trump margin shrank to 4.

In addition, there is this.

"Despite this encouraging data and the potentially major story it tells, there’s been hesitation by pundits to recognize it as a legitimate factor in the midterm elections. It’s what I’ve dubbed the “Hillary effect”: Pollsters and political prognosticators who went full "I'm with her" in 2016 and were mortified when Donald Trump won are afraid to put stock in the ability of women to be the decisive variable in an election. It was seen as embarrassing to be a cheerleader for women — especially one specific, polarizing woman — and in turn, the mostly male, mostly white political forecasting establishment has found itself in the midst of a yearslong, gendered course

Before the Supreme Court’s ruling on Dobbs vs. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, voters under the age of 25 accounted for 21% of new voter registrants nationally, according to stats from TargetSmart. But since then, overall their share rose to 26%, and an astounding 31% since the beginning of October. Data from the nonpartisan Center for Information & Research on Civic Learning and Engagement at Tufts University confirms the same trends. “The surge in youth registration has been driven by young women,” says Bonier, who was compelled to dig into the voter registration data after the surprising outcomes in the N.Y. 19 special congressional election and the Kansas state primary over the summer.

On the ballot in Kansas was an amendment to the state Constitution that would remove language enshrining abortion rights, and the vote was a resounding “no” that crossed party and gender lines. But when Bonier took a closer look at the registration data, a more specific story emerged: He found that 70% of Kansans who registered to vote after the Dobbs decision were women with a median age of 23. And in September, after further analysis, he found the data was predictive of turnout. “In the August vote on abortion rights in Kansas, women under the age of 25 turned out at a higher rate than all men (45% to 43%),” he said.

70% of Kansans who registered to vote after the Dobbs decision were women with a median age of 23."

Look at this tired shit. Nothing makes me care LESS about "white supremacy" than bitches claiming it with ZERO evidence for political gain.

This pretty much sums up the last few years of black whining about bullshit.

You would think the 50% murder rate would drop, but Black people can multitask.

There is nothing tired about the truth. Republicans have made it clear that they will overturn any election if they do not get the result they want. One Republican in Wisconsin is guaranteeing Republicans will win. There is no legitimate way for that to happen.

Comment:

Neither team gets the message when they lose. They believe the solution isn't "getting the message", it is getting out more of your base to vote.

Time to be rid of punitive, overreaching government which is guided by fear, wishes and feelings. Hope and change and “fairness” for all is a nice church philosophy but not a federal one
Govern with your head with a modicum of heart and not the reverse.

Forum List

Back