Terror victims' families enraged over prisoners' release

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
"They are selling the country for nothing," Eilat Osher said when she heard her husband's killer, Abu Dahlia Hassan Atik Sharif, may be released in the course of the recently-announced peace talks.

Osher, whose husband Avi was stabbed and killed by Sharif in a date plantation in the Jordan Valley in 1991, added: "In the case of the Shalit deal, when the list of prisoners to be freed was released I felt uncomfortable to interfere with it because when I saw Gilad's parents' eyes, it devastated me. Today this isn't the case."

The planned release of Palestinian prisoners drew fire from terror victims' families, who have been running a campaign over recent weeks to prevent such a step.

"I didn't know that the name of the murderer has been raised as one of those up for release," Osher said. "Even as it is, I'm constantly on edge with all the previous release attempts, but after the Shalit deal I thought we've braved through it.

"At the time, I was in contact with all the prime ministers, and I had a promise, starting with Yitzhak Rabin, that the murderer will not be released. My only consolation is that the murderer is in prison."

Osher added: "I will not rest until I stop his release. A murderer belongs in jail, no matter if he's a Jew or an Arab. Our family has been ruined and there's no reason for him to go free."

Terror victims' families enraged over prisoners' release - Israel News, Ynetnews

-----------

:(

Last edited:
"They are selling the country for nothing," Eilat Osher said when she heard her husband's killer, Abu Dahlia Hassan Atik Sharif, may be released in the course of the recently-announced peace talks.

Osher, whose husband Avi was stabbed and killed by Sharif in a date plantation in the Jordan Valley in 1991, added: "In the case of the Shalit deal, when the list of prisoners to be freed was released I felt uncomfortable to interfere with it because when I saw Gilad's parents' eyes, it devastated me. Today this isn't the case."

The planned release of Palestinian prisoners drew fire from terror victims' families, who have been running a campaign over recent weeks to prevent such a step.

"I didn't know that the name of the murderer has been raised as one of those up for release," Osher said. "Even as it is, I'm constantly on edge with all the previous release attempts, but after the Shalit deal I thought we've braved through it.

"At the time, I was in contact with all the prime ministers, and I had a promise, starting with Yitzhak Rabin, that the murderer will not be released. My only consolation is that the murderer is in prison."

Osher added: "I will not rest until I stop his release. A murderer belongs in jail, no matter if he's a Jew or an Arab. Our family has been ruined and there's no reason for him to go free."

Terror victims' families enraged over prisoners' release - Israel News, Ynetnews

-----------

:(

BB says he will release 83 prisoners. Abbas demands 102 released. Will the Palestinians ever concede anything?

Forum List

Back