Terrorist Murder In Jerusalem Synagogue

...They may. But the consequences for Israel would be devastating. And despite evidence to the contrary, we can expect the strategists in Israel to know there are things that would destroy them, after an apparent advance.
In any event, we will know within a mere several years, or a decade or so - things are coming to a head.

...They may. But the consequences for Israel would be devastating. And despite evidence to the contrary, we can expect the strategists in Israel to know there are things that would destroy them, after an apparent advance.
In any event, we will know within a mere several years, or a decade or so - things are coming to a head.

I'd say we are in for 20 years of bad behaviour, until the US utterly gives up on Israel. At which point they will probably find that peace is the easiest option. 100 years from now Israel and Palestine will likely be a closely federated state, home for Palestinians and for Jews, but not for newcomers, as overpopulation will have made people see they cannot continually take populations from less crowded places.

Nothing left to do but to raise the stakes and to begin responding so devastatingly disproportionately as to make The Enemy come to the realization that they will be hurt vastly more than any hurt that they can inflict by initiating such actions - so as to make the people of Rump Palestine come to the realization that they have no choice but to rein-in their own crazies, or continue to suffer such unstoppable and disproportionate losses.

Don't take me wrong as in some ways I do agree with this idea, however by doing so Israel loses the media campaign on all sides as this disproportionality is always used against them by both western and Palestinian media and propagandists.

I mean look at the Palestinian response. They have children (yes children) posing with happy letters praising this killing on social media. This attack is heralded as a response to Israel's "invasion" of the al-Aqsa mosque~something which was worked out in Jordan last week.

After typing this, I am crazy. there is no good answer.

Coyote, et al,

In this context I have to agree.

When "freedom fighters" target innocents they are no different than terrorists. Most groups we call freedom fighters are little more than white-washed terrorists who were victorious. If we approve of their cause, we celebrate them. We don't approve of their cause, we denigrate them. Most of the time, it's a dishonest charade that conveniently overlooks spilled blood.

It doesn't take a "will of steel" to murder people in their place of worship. It just takes hate.
(COMMENT)

But this is why (practical examine) the need for containment and quarantine. No reasonable people in a position of responsibility and trust would want to be responsible for exposing the general public to these savages. Hence, the need for separation; not because they are Arabs or Muslim, but because they pose a danger.

Most Respectfully,
R

I disagree that they as an entire people post a danger and should be collectively punished.

Hamas? Yes.

Now there are calls to boycott anything Arab. Dozens of Arab workers were fired today, The Rabbis call to refraint from hiring them or buying at their stores. Mothers told they'll prevent kids from going outside or come in touch with them.

Call it price tag? I call it dark days.

My gardener can come to me with an axe tomorrow, and it won't be at all surprising. Did you know that one of the terrorists worked at a store next to the place? his boss is a Jew.

Now we look at them in general as enemies. Dark experience.

Coyote, et al,

When "freedom fighters" target innocents they are no different than terrorists. Most groups we call freedom fighters are little more than white-washed terrorists who were victorious. If we approve of their cause, we celebrate them. We don't approve of their cause, we denigrate them. Most of the time, it's a dishonest charade that conveniently overlooks spilled blood.

It doesn't take a "will of steel" to murder people in their place of worship. It just takes hate.
(COMMENT)

But this is why (practical examine) the need for containment and quarantine. No reasonable people in a position of responsibility and trust would want to be responsible for exposing the general public to these savages. Hence, the need for separation; not because they are Arabs or Muslim, but because they pose a danger.

Most Respectfully,
R

I disagree that they as an entire people post a danger and should be collectively punished.

Hamas? Yes.

Now there are calls to boycott anything Arab. Dozens of Arab workers were fired today, The Rabbis call to refraint from hiring them or buying at their stores. Mothers told they'll prevent kids from going outside or come in touch with them.

My gardener can come to me with an axe tomorrow, and it won't be at all surprising. Did you know that one of the terrorists worked at a store next to the place? his boss is a Jew.

As was discovered in Iraq, making thousands of working aged men unemployed with no source of income and angry was not a way to quieten things down.

They are likely to lead the rioting and join resistance movements.
So it is not just illegal collective punishment (again) by Israel. It is stupid.

Now there are calls to boycott anything Arab.

It was the riots earlier in Nazareth that changed my plans to stay there next year. It is this continued violence that will keep me and my money out of any part of the usual tourist area in the West Bank, i.e. Bethlehem and Jericho and at this rate I will not spend a dime in the Muslim quarter of the old city nor from any Arab seller in the shuk.

The Cave of the Patriarchs massacre or Ibrahimi Mosque massacre, also known as the Hebron massacre,[1] was a shooting attack carried out by American-born Israeli Baruch Goldstein, a member of the far-right Israeli Kach movement, who opened fire on unarmed Palestinian Muslims praying inside the Ibrahimi Mosque (or Mosque of Abraham) at the Cave of the Patriarchs in Hebron, West Bank. It took place on February 25, 1994, during the overlapping religious holidays of Purim and Ramadan.[2][3] The attack left 29 male worshippers dead and 125 wounded.[4] The attack only ended after Goldstein was overcome and beaten to death by survivors.
Cave of the Patriarchs massacre - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I think the key point here, is that whether Israel likes it or not, these people, these Palestinians are a large part of Israel's population. The government and legal system may want to call them non-citizens and limit their rights and make them an underclass, but they are a major part of the population.

And no regime can survive intact if their population rebels.
If Israel is not careful it could start to look very much like Syria does.

Now there are calls to boycott anything Arab.

It was the riots earlier in Nazareth that changed my plans to stay there next year. It is this continued violence that will keep me and my money out of any part of the usual tourist area in the West Bank, i.e. Bethlehem and Jericho and at this rate I will not spend a dime in the Muslim quarter of the old city nor from any Arab seller in the shuk.

Thank you for supporting BDS.

Coyote, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Hamas? Yes.

As was discovered in Iraq, making thousands of working aged men unemployed with no source of income and angry was not a way to quieten things down.

So it is not just illegal collective punishment (again) by Israel. It is stupid.

It may be, but they brought us to the situation when we don't trust them or want to be near them.

The Cave of the Patriarchs massacre or Ibrahimi Mosque massacre, also known as the Hebron massacre,[1] was a shooting attack carried out by American-born Israeli Baruch Goldstein, a member of the far-right Israeli Kach movement, who opened fire on unarmed Palestinian Muslims praying inside the Ibrahimi Mosque (or Mosque of Abraham) at the Cave of the Patriarchs in Hebron, West Bank. It took place on February 25, 1994, during the overlapping religious holidays of Purim and Ramadan.[2][3] The attack left 29 male worshippers dead and 125 wounded.[4] The attack only ended after Goldstein was overcome and beaten to death by survivors.
Cave of the Patriarchs massacre - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Yes. It was a tragedy. Also, the reason you all even know his name was because it was one lunatic and events such as this didn't occure again. And that you know, but you still bring this bullshit here.

Want to know what this event really looks like??

Mercaz HaRav massacre - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Coyote, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Hamas? Yes.

It may be, but they brought us to the situation when we don't trust them or want to be near them.

That is sort of like saying: Its THEIR fault we are doing something stupid.

Coyote, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Hamas? Yes.

Pretty much, I guess.

Coyote, et al,

I do not agree with "collective punishment" in the arbitrary sense wherein the penalty is imposed on every member of a population, without regard to their individual involvement in the group's actions and conduct.

The second-largest of the groups within the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO)(albeit an estranged relationship), is the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) (the largest being Fatah). Some say the PFLP is in the initial stage of becoming embryonic splinter group, as it considers both Fatah and HAMAS as illegitimate governments; absent a popular mandate via elections. I tend to section-off the general Palestinian population into five segments:
  • The segment of the Population that supports HAMAS as the legitimate government.
  • The segment of the Population that supports Fatah as the legitimate government.
  • The segment of the Population that supports a quasi-coalition Fatah-HAMAS as the legitimate government.
  • The segment of the Population that supports PFLP and sees neither Fatah or HAMAS as the legitimate government.
  • The segment of the Population accepts the government de jure.
I do not see the general Palestinian population to being mature enough to establish and sustain a viable government under a common set of institutional laws (domestic or international).

Coyote, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Hamas? Yes.
(COMMENT)

What I see as representative of the general Palestinian population is a people that cannot look in the mirror and define themselves. They are a people that have not been able in quarter-century to establish a working framework of government. They are a people with one set of common characteristic: ---
  • They have all adopted the use of force in settling dispute issues.
  • They have all adopted the use of force as a means intended to coerce or to intimidate Israel and regional societies.
  • They have all adopted the use of mass-media language which is either designed or likely to provoke or encourage a threat to the peace, breaches of the peace, or acts of aggression and violence.
  • They have subsisted totally on the parasitic relationship established to help and render assistance in their non-nation building processes.
  • They have all adopted the use of force to the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological --- but ineffectual for more than a quarter-century.
  • They consider the overthrow of the Israel Occupation more important than the establishment of a nation for the people; instead --- following government with social order.
The one thing that the general population has in common, is instead of focusing on building a respectable government, they all generally provide some material support towards organizing, instigating, facilitating, participating in, financing, encouraging or tolerating terrorist, revolutionary, insurgent or guerrilla activities intended to be committed against Israel, other States, or their citizens. And they openly (no mixed words - no ambiguities) hold this as policy in their goals and objectives. In this regard, they have been --- for more than three decades, posed a common threat. And it is this common thread that make them collectively responsible, and subject to the consequences of their actions as a people. They cannot beg off on this --- if they consider themselves to be "Palestinians." It is they (collectively) that sanction their leadership and the various groups (Jihadist, Fedayeen, terrorists, militias and brigades) that operate and carry-out such cowardly attacks against unarmed and peaceful members of the population at large.

This latest attack in the Jerusalem Synagogue is NOT unique; but, one in a long list of hostile events targeting unarmed citizenry dating well back and before the Munich Massacre perpetrated by Palestinians four decades ago. We would be well to reassess what we mean when we say "collective punishment" when ALL Palestinians have --- in some measure --- aggravated and promoted an environment for such events to occur.

Most Respectfully,
R

Not really.

The Jews evacuated Gaza.

The Palestinians had land.

They had peace.

They had infrastructure.

They had a large measure of autonomy.

Then they decided that that was not good enough.

Then they decided to phukk with Israel again.

Then they decided to elevate Hamas to a position of political leadership.

Then things went into the crapper.

Permanently, quite probably.

The Palestinians never miss an opportunity, to miss an opportunity.

Their loss.

There is no Arab cavalry coming over the hill to rescue them, this time.

They're on their own, to an extent that they have never been before.

Just when they should have been at their peak, in soliciting the aid of others.

Under-performing Losers.

We would be well to reassess what we mean when we say "collective punishment" when ALL Israeli's have --- in some measure --- aggravated and promoted an environment for such events to occur.

We would be well to reassess what we mean when we say "collective punishment" when ALL Israeli's have --- in some measure --- aggravated and promoted an environment for such events to occur.

I agree.

We made sure it would be easier for them to attack us, but allowing them access to us.

Forum List

Back