Terry Bradshaw disses Peyton Manning.

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
Peyton Manning, considered the best quarterback to play the game today. Nobody would argue with that — if you like winning good during the season and losing Super Bowls, that’s your guy.:lol::D

I been saying the same thing myself to the Peyton Manning apologists over the years that if you want a quarterback who looks great during the regular season and puts up a lot of impressive statistics and records and wins a lot of games for you during the regular season but chokes when he has to play in the big game,then yeah,Just like Bradshaw said,Peyton Mannings your guy.:D It always goes through one ear and out the other with them though.:cuckoo:

Good thing for her own sake Echo Zulu is not here anymore,she wouldnt like me bashing her man.:D

Terry Bradshaw shouldn?t apologize for Peyton Manning diss | For The Win

Last edited:
Funny Bradshaw had to be the one to say it on the national TV.

He has laid a few Super Bowl stinkers his own damned self.

Terry has four rings true... BUT ... His stats were enemic at best in his SB games.

It would be better stated that the Steelers won 4 SBs IN SPITE of Terry Bradshaw.

What he said was correct. Dallas is not the most valued franchise by accident. Superbowl trophies are where the paydays are. I'd take the guy with lesser stats who get me rings over the one that doesn't any day of the week.

Last edited:

Terry has four rings true... BUT ... His stats were enemic at best in his SB games.

It would be better stated that the Steelers won 4 SBs IN SPITE of Terry Bradshaw.

Rocky Blier said that they won 4 despite Chuck Noll. Bradshaw played well and won 4 Superbowls. As a Steeler fan, I do not remember his deserving such criticism.

Bradshaw did whatever was necessary to win and he took a lot of punishment along the way. Maybe he wasn't pretty but he was effective. On the other end of the spectrum you've got quick release artists like Marino who wouldn't take a hit for the team. Thankfully he had two of the best receivers at the time (Clayton and Duper) that contributed to his great stats but the bum never won a championship. The fact that Payton isn't "there" for the big game still surprises me, but Bradshaw is right if a team's objective is to win championships.

People can bash Bradshaw all they want, but he did what it took to win. He never lost a Super Bowl and he won 4 before any other team won 3. As for Chuck Noll, he took over a Steeler team that had never won anything and in a time when teams only drafted players from big name colleges. He drafted players from colleges no one ever heard of. Went 1-13 his first season and it was all up hill after that. I had season tickets to their games for all their great years. Saw Bradshaw throw a pass 80 yards in the air against the Raiders. Intended for Lynn Swann. He would have caught it but for pass interference. 79 Steelers are still the greatest team ever.

People can bash Bradshaw all they want, but he did what it took to win. He never lost a Super Bowl and he won 4 before any other team won 3. As for Chuck Noll, he took over a Steeler team that had never won anything and in a time when teams only drafted players from big name colleges. He drafted players from colleges no one ever heard of. Went 1-13 his first season and it was all up hill after that. I had season tickets to their games for all their great years. Saw Bradshaw throw a pass 80 yards in the air against the Raiders. Intended for Lynn Swann. He would have caught it but for pass interference. 79 Steelers are still the greatest team ever.

I grew up in Pittsburgh and we had season tickets when I was a kid. Bobby Layne, John Henry Johnson, Ernie Staughtner, Big Daddy Lipscom, Tom the Bomb Tracey. Saw a lot of Jimmy Brown, the Browns were their rivals because of the close proximity. They used to saw it was a one 6 pack trip from Pittsburgh to Cleveland.

I grew up in Pittsburgh and we had season tickets when I was a kid. Bobby Layne, John Henry Johnson, Ernie Staughtner, Big Daddy Lipscom, Tom the Bomb Tracey. Saw a lot of Jimmy Brown, the Browns were their rivals because of the close proximity. They used to saw it was a one 6 pack trip from Pittsburgh to Cleveland.

I grew up in Maryland near Deep Creek Lake. It was exactly 100 miles from my house to the Liberty Tubes. Aunt and Uncle lived in Etna. I lived in the mountains and we couldn't get any Maryland stations. Only Pittsburgh stations. So I've always been a Steeler-Pirate-Penguins fan. Went to a Browns-Steelers game at 3 Rivers. In December. 10 degrees. And we were in the shade. Wind blowing off the rivers. Had a pint of peppermint schnaaps. Stood up for the national anthem and the seat folded up, schnaaps dropped on the cement and busted. People around me shared their whiskey. Had great times at Forbes Field and 3 Rivers.

Not to say bradshaw was an amazing great quarterback or anything,but unlike manning,he didnt choke in critical situations at the most critical times in a game like manning.:D he wasnt a steve bonehead.kordell stewart or elvis grbec,players who hurt you keeping you from winning the big game.:D:lol:

What he said was correct. Dallas is not the most valued franchise by accident. Superbowl trophies are where the paydays are. I'd take the guy with lesser stats who get me rings over the one that doesn't any day of the week.

amen to that brother.stands up and gives standing ovation.:udaman:

Bradshaw did whatever was necessary to win and he took a lot of punishment along the way. Maybe he wasn't pretty but he was effective. On the other end of the spectrum you've got quick release artists like Marino who wouldn't take a hit for the team. Thankfully he had two of the best receivers at the time (Clayton and Duper) that contributed to his great stats but the bum never won a championship. The fact that Payton isn't "there" for the big game still surprises me, but Bradshaw is right if a team's objective is to win championships.

Exactly.could not have said it better myself.stands up and gives standing ovation.:eusa_clap: Thats what i been saying for ages is Manning is a clone of dan marino,someone who wont stand in the pocket and take the big hit and cant win the big game and play well when the pressure is on the line in the biggest games.

Like Marino,Manning puts up impressive numbers and stats during the regular season,but like Marino,panicks in the big game against top notch competition when its for all the marbles.Bradshaw never did that.Bradshaw was just the opposite.

See Huggy is thinking of Bradshaw the way he played during the REGULAR season.If we were talking about the regular season, Huggy would have a valid argument there but we are talking about the BIG GAME though so its a pointless rant with no substance to it.

Bradshaw made good decisions when the game was on the line against the top notch competion,the dallas cowboys.The Cowboys didnt get the nickname AMERICAS team for nothing.were talking about one of the greatest coachs and greatest quarterback of all time that he made a major contibution in and beating.

Bradshaw didnt make critical boneheaded mistakes when the game was on the line in the big game against nop notch competion in the cowboys.in the BIG game,bradshaw always came up big for them.

what did manning do in the AFC game in overtime at HOME no less against the Ravens when the game was on the line? he threw an interception which cost them the game is what. what did he do against top competion when he faced the saints in the superbowl? threw a costly pick 6 interception when driving to tie the game at the end is what? and we all know about the costly pick 6 interception against the fearsome seahawks. so that comparison is pointless.we are talking about THE BIG GAME here not the regular season.bradshaw played well in those games.Manning did not. His one victory came against a team that depended on luck to get to the superbowl which ran out on them in the game. who was the quarterback manning beat? Rex Grossman who is now a journeyman backup quarterback.:lol:

Bradshaw played well enough to beat one of the best ever who also played will in big games.

Exactly.could not have said it better myself.stands up and gives standing ovation.:eusa_clap: Thats what i been saying for ages is Manning is a clone of dan marino,someone who wont stand in the pocket and take the big hit and cant win the big game and play well when the pressure is on the line in the biggest games.

Like Marino,Manning puts up impressive numbers and stats during the regular season,but like Marino,panicks in the big game against top notch competition when its for all the marbles.Bradshaw never did that.Bradshaw was just the opposite.

See Huggy is thinking of Bradshaw the way he played during the REGULAR season.If we were talking about the regular season, Huggy would have a valid argument there but we are talking about the BIG GAME though so its a pointless rant with no substance to it.

Bradshaw made good decisions when the game was on the line against the top notch competion,the dallas cowboys.The Cowboys didnt get the nickname AMERICAS team for nothing.were talking about one of the greatest coachs and greatest quarterback of all time that he made a major contibution in and beating.

Bradshaw didnt make critical boneheaded mistakes when the game was on the line in the big game against nop notch competion in the cowboys.in the BIG game,bradshaw always came up big for them.

what did manning do in the AFC game in overtime at HOME no less against the Ravens when the game was on the line? he threw an interception which cost them the game is what. what did he do against top competion when he faced the saints in the superbowl? threw a costly pick 6 interception when driving to tie the game at the end is what? and we all know about the costly pick 6 interception against the fearsome seahawks. so that comparison is pointless.we are talking about THE BIG GAME here not the regular season.bradshaw played well in those games.Manning did not. His one victory came against a team that depended on luck to get to the superbowl which ran out on them in the game. who was the quarterback manning beat? Rex Grossman who is now a journeyman backup quarterback.:lol:

Bradshaw played well enough to beat one of the best ever who also played will in big games.

I look forward to Peyton Manning proving himself against a very good team in the regular season in Seattle this season.

:lol:

PS... I don't HATE Bradshaw. I don't have an axe to grind in that fight. I was just intrigued by this thread and did some looking up of Terry's stats in playoffs and SBs.

Terry threw a buttload of interceptions in his playoffs and SBs. Ya... the Steelers won but like I said "in spite of Bradshaw"... because of his turnovers.

Bradshaw's postseason breaks down like this...

Career postseason record: 14-5

Career postseason statistics: 261-456, 3833 yards, 30 TD, 26 INT; 83.0 passer rating

In 19 post season games Terry has just over 1.5 TDs a game with nearly as many ints per game.

At just a C-Hair over 200 yds a game Terry didn't exactly light it up in postseason.

His 83.0 passer rating average is as I mentioned earlier enemic.

Compared to Russell Wilson 4 wins..1 loss with a postseason passer rating around 102. In 5 postseason games Wilson has thrown only 1 int. Russell has averaged in his rookie and soph season 200 yards a game passing in the postseason.

Certainly Wilson and the Seahawks have a long way to go to be in Bradshaw's and the Steeler's post season catagory but this thread and my response aren't meant to be THAT.

Last edited:

Rocky Blier said that they won 4 despite Chuck Noll. Bradshaw played well and won 4 Superbowls. As a Steeler fan, I do not remember his deserving such criticism.

Defense

Defense

AND some luck/horrible game saving calls going Steeler's way.

Immaculate reception..

Last edited:

Defense

Immaculate reception..

The "immaculate reception" did not occur in the Super Bowl. It occurred in a playoff game, and the Steelers didn't even make it to the Super Bowl that year (1972).

Bradshaw is in the Hall Of Fame because he was a WINNER, not because he had gaudy statistics.

Eli Manning is a better "big game" quarterback that his more famous and respected older brother.

And let's face it, Tom Brady is a better quarterback than Peyton Manning, for the simple fact that Brady has THREE Super Bowl rings, and Brady has had a lot less QUALITY offensive weapons to work with over the course of his career.

Now THAT is comedy gold from you Huggy.:lol: the steelers won the first superbowl against your hawks with ben rotheslesberger DESPITE him,he was horrendous in that game.But thats plain absurd to say they won despite Bradshaw.He was a major contributer in those games.matter of fact,my LA RAMS were the only team he played against where his interceptions outnumbered the touchdowns 3-2.. the other 3, he kept care of the ball.:cuckoo:

if anything,the steelers won both those games against the cowboys despite their DEFENSE which i would say was overrated since if not some butter fingers by some wide receivers of the cowboys,the cowboys would have won both games.who can forget a wide open jackie smith in the end zone so wound up and scared obviously,he drops an easy pass from staubach that hit him right in the numbers.:lol: If Bradshaw doesnt play well in those games like he did,no way do the steelers win those two superbowls.

Immaculate reception..

The "immaculate reception" did not occur in the Super Bowl. It occurred in a playoff game, and the Steelers didn't even make it to the Super Bowl that year (1972).

Bradshaw is in the Hall Of Fame because he was a WINNER, not because he had gaudy statistics.

Eli Manning is a better "big game" quarterback that his more famous and respected older brother.

And let's face it, Tom Brady is a better quarterback than Peyton Manning, for the simple fact that Brady has THREE Super Bowl rings, and Brady has had a lot less QUALITY offensive weapons to work with over the course of his career.

Stands up and gives standing ovation.:udaman::clap::clap::clap:

Huggy got taken to school there.:D

Forum List

Back