Tesla Motors' Success Gives Electric Car Market a Charge

What the hell? Lmao ........prove it with a link...because you dont know shit about Batterys....

The Tesla Battery Capacity is 85Kw. The average home uses 29kw per day. You might have to recharge every day in the hot summer to keep the AC blowing cold. But in mild weather you could go several days.

Your using AC in your home not DC.......you do know there is a big differance right?... Just take a litte fan and and hook it up to an average car battery with a DC to AC invertor then you will know what I am talking about...

:lol: A typical auto battery will provide about 10 amps for an hour before it is drained. 10 amps X 12 volts= 120 watts. [or] 120 watt hours roughly 1/12 Kwh. It would take a thousand regular car batteries to equal one 85kw Tesla battery. :lol:

Btw in 2013 we still dont understand Electrictity, we are using Electrictity (mulit meters and the like) to measure Electrictity..... We still dont know......got a hunch but thats alll Electrictity is fucking weird if you ever have any experince in that animal on a day to day basis like I do.

You still dont get it, I have been dealing with it like forever on DC and AC ......book smarts dont get you no where what the real world is like..... differnent animal and you seem like a smart guy... but trust me the real world is different..

The sale of 5,000 units in a year is considered to be a successful year? Since when? Since the radical left started keeping score? The world is upside down to lefties. The Ford Edsel sold 63,110 units in it's first year of manufacture.

You will pay more & get less unless you start getting energy from some other source. Every year you pay more & get less energy. Oil has failed to deliver more energy per citizen & has been in decline since 1970 & is declining faster since 2005. When Tesla delivers the $35k car 3 years from now, it will look like a bargain compared to oil power. Every year you keep that car after that, your energy cost will go down while others keep right on climbing.

134986-128559380577331-John-Polomny_origin.png

OOPS--------------

Tesla recalls some Model S cars due to seat-mount defect

spend 120K to go 30 miles and then break your back if someone taps you in the rear end.

Chrysler finally complied with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's requests to recall as many as 2.7 million Jeeps due to concerns that the vehicles can catch fire when hit from behind. These defective Jeep fires killed about 500 people. Did they take the Pinto from Ford!!!!
Jeep-on-fire-jpg.jpg
burn_jeep.jpg
45621.jpg
ht_jeep_cherokee_accident_jef_130604_wblog.jpg
jeepcrash.jpg
NekRWqzWdQYGXUf-556x313-noPad.jpg
carfire2.jpg
TMCNEWS.NET+007.jpg

Unlike Tesla, the NHTSA had to force companies like Jeep to issue a public recall, after nearly 500 people died as a result. Whereas Tesla discovered an imperfection in its cars and immediately confronted the situation.

More lies from the idiot! It's $65k to go more than 300 miles per free charge, free battery, free loaner car & delivery. Not 120K to go 30 miles.

Tesla to demo instant battery-swapping later this week!

OOPS--------------

spend 120K to go 30 miles and then break your back if someone taps you in the rear end.

This reminds me I was watching a Range Rover special last Sunday, guess its all Aluminium body, who the fuck wants to drive around in a Pepsi can? 19 gauge steel of today is bad enough,....

This isn't new...Audi has been building aluminum-structure cars for years. I recall the Acura NSX is also aluminum.

You still dont get it, I have been dealing with it like forever on DC and AC ......book smarts dont get you no where what the real world is like..... differnent animal and you seem like a smart guy... but trust me the real world is different..

DC can be converted to AC...been there and done that many times.

OOPS--------------

Chrysler finally complied with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's requests to recall as many as 2.7 million Jeeps due to concerns that the vehicles can catch fire when hit from behind. These defective Jeep fires killed about 500 people. Did they take the Pinto from Ford!!!!
Jeep-on-fire-jpg.jpg
burn_jeep.jpg
45621.jpg
ht_jeep_cherokee_accident_jef_130604_wblog.jpg
jeepcrash.jpg
NekRWqzWdQYGXUf-556x313-noPad.jpg
carfire2.jpg
TMCNEWS.NET+007.jpg

Unlike Tesla, the NHTSA had to force companies like Jeep to issue a public recall, after nearly 500 people died as a result. Whereas Tesla discovered an imperfection in its cars and immediately confronted the situation.

More lies from the idiot! It's $65k to go more than 300 miles per free charge, free battery, free loaner car & delivery. Not 120K to go 30 miles.

Tesla to demo instant battery-swapping later this week!

You DO know that two of your pictures are Jeeps not subject to the recall and another was in what looks like a serious rollover, right? Dude, you are being dishonest!

Also note: the Jeeps met all applicable safety standards when built...the recall should never have happened.

When do you think Telsa will release a car that can get 1,000 miles per charge?

In the year 9130...... in Other words NEVER......On Battery power. You confuse Telsa the inventor with Telsa the company, you do know he died right? a long time ago....

Labs have already built the type of battery that Tesla uses with more than 4X the capacity of the present Tesla battery. If they can successfully manufacture that battery, we will see a thousand mile range Tesla before 2020.

Graphene Silicon Nanoplatelets Increase Lithium-Ion Battery Capacity 4 Fold | CleanTechnica

I’ve got a surprise for you. XG Sciences has announced the immediate availability of a graphene-silicon additive for lithium-ion batteries in commercial scale quantities. These graphene nanoplatelets will allow lithium-ion batteries to hold four times the amount of energy and extend the lifespan of the batteries substantially. This technology holds great potential for extending the range of electric vehicles, increasing the time between charges for portable consumer electronic devices, decreasing the weight of portable electronic devices, and decreasing the cost for the storage of electrical energy from solar cells for nighttime usage.
Read more at Graphene Silicon Nanoplatelets Increase Lithium-Ion Battery Capacity 4 Fold | CleanTechnica

When Tesla comes out with it's $35k car 3 years from now & puts a free charging station near you, it might be best to get one. You could get a battery to run the house on & recharge the house off of the car. Then go to the charging station every 3 days instead of once a week to recharge the car.

- No Electric Bill!
- No Natural Gas Bill!
- No Gasoline Bill!
- No Solar Panel cost!
- No Wind Mill Cost!

What the hell? Lmao ........prove it with a link...because you dont know shit about Batterys....

The Tesla Battery Capacity is 85Kw. The average home uses 29kw per day. You might have to recharge every day in the hot summer to keep the AC blowing cold. But in mild weather you could go several days.

In an emergency, just using the battery for the refrigerator, freezer, and a couple of lights, one could extend that to a couple of weeks.

Silicon nanotube lithium-ion battery stores 10 times more power, lasts 6,000 charges | ExtremeTech

A Stanford team, led by the battery master himself — Yi Cui — has developed a new lithium-ion battery electrode that still works at 85% capacity after 6,000 charge/discharge cycles, compared to current lithium-ion batteries (found in your laptop, iPad, smartphone) that are usually depleted after around 1,000 charges. The new electrode also has the possibility of increasing lithium-ion battery capacity by up to 10 times.

Oak Ridge National Lab has all-solid Li-S battery with 4 times the energy density of current Li-ion

"Our approach is a complete change from the current battery concept of two electrodes joined by a liquid electrolyte, which has been used over the last 150 to 200 years," said Chengdu Liang, lead author on the ORNL study published this week in Angewandte Chemie International Edition.

Scientists have been excited about the potential of lithium-sulfur batteries for decades, but long-lasting, large-scale versions for commercial applications have proven elusive. Researchers were stuck with a catch-22 created by the battery's use of liquid electrolytes: On one hand, the liquid helped conduct ions through the battery by allowing lithium polysulfide compounds to dissolve. The downside, however, was that the same dissolution process caused the battery to prematurely break down.

The ORNL team overcame these barriers by first synthesizing a never-before-seen class of sulfur-rich materials that conduct ions as well as the lithium metal oxides conventionally used in the battery's cathode. Liang's team then combined the new sulfur-rich cathode and a lithium anode with a solid electrolyte material, also developed at ORNL, to create an energy-dense, all-solid battery.

"This game-changing shift from liquid to solid electrolytes eliminates the problem of sulfur dissolution and enables us to deliver on the promise of lithium-sulfur batteries," Liang said. "Our battery design has real potential to reduce cost, increase energy density and improve safety compared with existing lithium-ion technologies."

The new ionically-conductive cathode enabled the ORNL battery to maintain a capacity of 1200 milliamp-hours (mAh) per gram after 300 charge-discharge cycles at 60 degrees Celsius. For comparison, a traditional lithium-ion battery cathode has an average capacity between 140-170 mAh/g. Because lithium-sulfur batteries deliver about half the voltage of lithium-ion versions, this eight-fold increase in capacity demonstrated in the ORNL battery cathode translates into four times the gravimetric energy density of lithium-ion technologies, explained Liang.

The team's all-solid design also increases battery safety by eliminating flammable liquid electrolytes that can react with lithium metal. Chief among the ORNL battery's other advantages is its use of elemental sulfur, a plentiful industrial byproduct of petroleum processing.

I was waiting for someone to latch onto the battery swapping thing lol.

Elon Musk showed it off yesterday at his Tesla super charger stations. Drive in to the pad & it automatically swaps your battery in under 90 seconds. You don't even have to get out of your car. It's 3 times faster than putting gasoline in & you don't have to get out in the bad weather or get gas smell on yourself.

It is not free like the 20 minute recharge is.

When Tesla comes out with it's $35k car 3 years from now & puts a free charging station near you, it might be best to get one. You could get a battery to run the house on & recharge the house off of the car. Then go to the charging station every 3 days instead of once a week to recharge the car.

- No Electric Bill!
- No Natural Gas Bill!
- No Gasoline Bill!
- No Solar Panel cost!
- No Wind Mill Cost!

nice dream, maybe they will provide free beer too. :cuckoo:

Elon Musk showed it off yesterday at his Tesla super charger stations. Drive in to the pad & it automatically swaps your battery in under 90 seconds. You don't even have to get out of your car. It's 3 times faster than putting gasoline in & you don't have to get out in the bad weather or get gas smell on yourself.

have you bought one? do you know anyone who has bought one? I know a guy that bought a Volt. He says it was the biggest mistake he ever made.

have you bought one? do you know anyone who has bought one? I know a guy that bought a Volt. He says it was the biggest mistake he ever made.

No - But I have been running a 20 vehicle fleet on E85 Ethanol for 15 years with zero problems. So I know for a fact everything you scumbags say is a lie. I know people who love their electric cars. Some delivery trucks on my street are electric & nearly silent compared to the diesel ones.

No none of the people posting about it have. They are all hypocrites telling everyone else what to buy.

Forum List

Back