Testing people when they are young to determine what field they are best suited for

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
Imagine if we start testing children at a very young age to see what fields they are most talented for. If we do this before they start developing interests of their own, we can put them into the correct program and they will become interested in it on their own because they will simply accept it from the beginning.

Imagine if we start testing children at a very young age to see what fields they are most talented for. If we do this before they start developing interests of their own, we can put them into the correct program and they will become interested in it on their own because they will simply accept it from the beginning.
You from the U.S.S.R.?

How about we educate youngsters in a broad range of subjects, and let them determine where they want to go and what they want to be?

Another thing we could do is encourage youngsters to make a decent living, but that sacrificing everything trying to be "rich" is not the key to being happy.

I taught all my kids one simple rule to live by. "Do what you love and never work a day in your life". They all have jobs they would do for far less than they make, and are happy with what they do.

We had "tracking"; however, it was so controversial due to the large number of one race or another being "tracked" into a particular field. Even though those days are gone, that history has made people in congress fearful of making changes or even admitting that not all kids are college bound.

Oh good a nation full of finger painters

Ya do know what you suggest OP it's racist and communist

We had "tracking"; however, it was so controversial due to the large number of one race or another being "tracked" into a particular field. Even though those days are gone, that history has made people in congress fearful of making changes or even admitting that not all kids are college bound.

I think the "YOu have to go to college to be successful" mindset has been very damaging to our education system. But the number of kids entering 4 year colleges was one of the ways we determined the "success" of many public schools.

I think we should bring back Trade Schools or Vocational Schools. Many kids would be far better served by learning a skill that will actually make them a living.

I think the "YOu have to go to college to be successful" mindset has been very damaging to our education system. But the number of kids entering 4 year colleges was one of the ways we determined the "success" of many public schools.

I think we should bring back Trade Schools or Vocational Schools. Many kids would be far better served by learning a skill that will actually make them a living.

I think we should too. I currently live in a state that has vo-tech schools that are well done. Airplane mechanics, auto mechanics, auto body, LPN and stuff like that. You start your junior year. The major issue is that the fear of tracking has allowed, and is often used as a tactic, to allow some of the BS schools to rip off students. Education is currently about ripping people off nine out of ten times under the guise of "freedom". You can't access trade schools until you graduate high school so they can charge the bejeezes out of you.

There are some systems in Europe that divide the kids up. The kids and parents make that decision.

college.jpg

That ties into the point I'm making. No one would be allowed to major in anything that is deemed impractical, as those fields would be viewed as cancerous to society. If they want to study garbage, they can do that on their own time and money. We should completely defund the arts and humanities. The individual in that picture named Mark would have been told from the time he was 5 that he would be going to a tech school and majoring in whatever it was he eventually majored in and his situation likely would not change. Megan, however, would have been told from the time she was 5 that she would be studying a practical field like Nursing, Accounting, Teacher, or whatever her abilities suggested. Also, her employer and the government would determine when she would have a child and who the biological father would be. This is assuming she did not choose to get married and be a housewife.

That ties into the point I'm making. No one would be allowed to major in anything that is deemed impractical, as those fields would be viewed as cancerous to society. If they want to study garbage, they can do that on their own time and money. We should completely defund the arts and humanities. The individual in that picture named Mark would have been told from the time he was 5 that he would be going to a tech school and majoring in whatever it was he eventually majored in and his situation likely would not change. Megan, however, would have been told from the time she was 5 that she would be studying a practical field like Nursing, Accounting, Teacher, or whatever her abilities suggested. Also, her employer and the government would determine when she would have a child and who the biological father would be. This is assuming she did not choose to get married and be a housewife.

Who decides what is impractical?

I can remember being told I was mechanically inclined and would also be good at troubleshooting. The test was spot-on.
I’m now working at two hospitals fixing equipment and solving problems. lol

Last edited:

Forum List

Back