Texas Gov. Rick Perry Indicted For Abuse Of Power

Break out the popcorn, it will be interesting to watch what happens.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Perry orchestrated the entire thing. There is no such thing as bad publicity.....

Nothing is going to happen.

Those idiots 'indict' Texan Governors every week. They 'indicted' Bush a dozen times.

It is SO lame, that its not even reported outside of UT, Austin and the "Collectivist, CO-OP, Intelligensia" rags.
And they tried to IMPEACH Bush as well...sadly one of them forgot that she signed on to impeach him while decrying the actions to Impeach Obama, and that would be Shelia Jackson Lee...typical Statist political jackass.

This whole scenario will go NO WHERE.

Texas has a great system. The office of Governor has no real authority. Any moron can do the job without screwing anything up.

The US government could learn something from Texas.

Break out the popcorn, it will be interesting to watch what happens.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Perry orchestrated the entire thing. There is no such thing as bad publicity.....

Those idiots 'indict' Texan Governors every week. They 'indicted' Bush a dozen times.

It is SO lame, that its not even reported outside of UT, Austin and the "Collectivist, CO-OP, Intelligensia" rags.
And they tried to IMPEACH Bush as well...sadly one of them forgot that she signed on to impeach him while decrying the actions to Impeach Obama, and that would be Shelia Jackson Lee...typical Statist political jackass.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Bush impeachment was off the table.

The prosecutor was convicted of DWI and refused to resign.

How can a prosecutor represent the interests of the people when she herself is a criminal?

Austin is chocked full of moonbats and a misdemeanor indictment on this charge, given the facts, only ENHANCES Perry's standing.

Please, keep trumpeting this as loudly as possible.

ENHANCES Perry......:eusa_clap:

The guy is only a star in Texass and his own mind.

He should be like the Dear Leader, get all nasty and say, go ahead SUE ME, for doing my job...
they got all bent when they wanted to sue Obama, now I guess that's different he's a Republican
So, the op thinks this is something important and that it's going to do WHAT exactly?

Last edited:
As David Horowitz pointed out the Republicans play politicis, they win some elections, they lose some...democrats fight complete and total political war against there enemies and take no prisoners...

Republicans are going to have to do the same...allowing the democrats to abuse the legal system as they have against Sarah Palin, Tom Delay, and now Rick Perry has got to stop...

Political Payback: Democrat-Controlled Travis County DA Office Indicts Rick Perry

In April 2013, Lehmberg was arrested after a witness called 911, describing her as driving erratically, swerving back and forth into the bike lane, and into oncoming traffic. Officers at the scene reportedly found an open bottle of vodka in her car, and a blood sample obtained later that evening purportedly showed a blood alcohol level of 0.239—almost three times the legal limit—even that many hours later.
Not only did her arrest attracted headlines, but her belligerent behavior after she was brought to the police station—all captured on video tape—drew attention, as well. Lehmberg is seen blaming the police for destroying her political career, yelling and insulting them; demanding that they call Travis County Sheriff Greg Hamilton; sticking out her tongue; making faces; kicking at the door to her cell; and eventually getting restrained with leg irons, being strapped to a chair and wearing what is commonly referred to as a “spit mask,” which is usually used when a detainee is spitting or biting.
Frustrated with Lehmberg’s refusal to resign and maintaining his position that someone who had committed her offenses was not fit for office, either as the district attorney or as head of the Public Integrity Unit, Perry then announced plans to veto funding for the Public Integrity Unit unless Lehmberg resigned. Texas law clearly grants the governor the power to veto funding for the Public Integrity Unit and many other agencies, but Democrats supporting Lehmberg howled in protest.

The Travis County District Attorney’s office has a long history of politically-motivated prosecutions, including the 2005 indictment of former U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay for alleged campaign finance violations. DeLay’s convictions were completely overturned and he was acquitted after an appeal to the Third District Texas Court of Appeals in 2013—too late to save his political career.

Here, a liberal watchdog group called Texans for Public Justice filed an ethics complaint against Perry earlier this year, and a grand jury was convened in the case. Perry spokewomen Lucy Nashed said at the time, "The veto in question was made in accordance with the veto power afforded to every governor under the Texas Constitution, and we remain ready and willing to assist with this inquiry."

Last edited:

WRONG...Boehner stated that. YOU are a liar.

Geez, does Perry think he's Obama or something?

I am not nearly as shocked by his actions as I've been at some other scandals in recent years, I still think most politicians are sleazy. Perry's actions have a looooong way to go to catch up to the corruption in Washington.

If we're going to start exposing dirty politicians, there are some better places to start.

Last edited:

WRONG...Boehner stated that. YOU are a liar.

I know you're dumb - but are you really that fucking dumb?

Pelosi: Bush Impeachment `Off the Table’ - The New York Times

Geez, does Perry think he's Obama or something?

I am not nearly as shocked by his actions as I've been at some other scandals in recent years, I still think most politicians are sleazy. Perry's actions have a looooong way to go to catch up to the corruption in Washington.

If we're going to start exposing dirty politicians, there are some better places to start.
And a GREAT PLACE to start...the District Of CRIMINALS.

Expound. The people, the weather, the culture? It's really not my kind of place either. It's just boring to look at.

Mostly the weather - and the fact that it was stolen from Mexico. However, the very worst thing about Texas is the asshole politicians they elect.

it was stolen from Mexico?....you must fucking hate California then....

We didn't "steal" California from Mexico. We bought it.

Forum List

Back