Texas Gov. Rick Perry Indicted For Abuse Of Power

The person responsible for this bullshit, the POTUS is a POS!

obama_perry.jpg

How is Obama responsible for this?

Last edited:
The person responsible for this bullshit, the POTUS is a POS!

obama_perry.jpg

How is Obama responsible for this?

Perry going against him putting Texas National Guard on the border.... you know the little POS in the WH takes offense at anything people do that is directly against his wishes!

Rick Perry: Obama Failed Constitutional Duty to Secure Border

The POTUS doesn't have anything to do with this case, though.

Perry going against him putting Texas National Guard on the border.... you know the little POS in the WH takes offense at anything people do that is directly against his wishes!

Rick Perry: Obama Failed Constitutional Duty to Secure Border

The POTUS doesn't have anything to do with this case, though.

You also believe in the tooth fairy! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

It's a state case, not a federal case.

Or do you need a civics lesson on how they're not the same thing?

I'm not a fan of Gov. Perry; but is there something illegal about his use of a veto?
The case should be redefined as: "Does the Governor of Texas have the power to veto a Bill.
If Vetoed does the Texas legislature have a means to over ride the veto.
Why doesn't the Texas legislature pass the Bill, or at least vote on it. I have a feeling it would not win a vote.

This is a whackjob, vindictive, power-mad loon:

She was drunk and they let her off, f'ing cronie liberal assholes in Travis County...

If it had been anyone else they would have been run out of town on a rail...

Thank God the dumb bitch didn't hurt or kill anyone...

I live 10 minutes from where they pulled her over, poor lighting, dangerous road at night for a sober driver, much less a drunk...

Dumb bitch is lucky she wasn't in Williamson County...

Waste of our dollars, bitch needs to lose her job...

Last edited:
As Lehmberg heads to jail, new details about booking emerge | www.statesman.com

At jail in the early morning hours after her arrest, she was uncooperative and aggressive and had to be restrained with handcuffs and leg irons, according to jail records. Video footage from the morning she was booked shows her asking for Sheriff Greg Hamilton.

“He’s not going to let me sit in jail all night,” she said. “That’s crazy.”

She left the packed courtroom quietly on Friday to start serving her sentence: 45 days in jail and a $4,000 fine under a plea agreement.

Beginning May 23, her license will also be suspended for 180 days. She waived her right to appeal.

Though the county attorney’s office said her punishment was among the highest for a first-time DWI offense, it also described her behavior in custody last week as “deplorable.” Lehmberg, who has worked for the district attorney’s office since 1976, says she will not step down from office. But her political future is cloudy as critics attack her arrest and her behavior in jail, and as the video and audio footage of her booking circulate.

The recordings show her resisting officers, complaining that they’re ruining her political career and repeatedly asking if they had called “Greg.” At one point, as officers are trying to remove Lehmberg’s jewelry, she says, “Y’all are gonna be in jail, not me.”

After she left the courtroom Friday, Lehmberg’s attorney, David Sheppard, said she will “absolutely not” resign.

A Houston Democrat signaled Monday that he and fellow Democrats would try to restore state funding to the Public Integrity Unit that was stripped by Republican Gov. Rick Perry, but it’s sure to be an uphill effort.

The Public Integrity Unit, which investigates politicians’ ethical breaches as well as tax and insurance fraud, has 400 active cases and needs continued funding, Rep. Sylvester Turner told his colleagues Monday.

Turner, D-Houston, said he would work to ensure that the unit gets the money it requires to operate, despite Perry’ veto Friday of the state’s $7.5 million appropriation to the office.

Turner has been fighting attempts for 10 years to move, de-fund and kill the Public Integrity Unit, which is based in the Travis County District Attorney’s office, he said. This year, the effort has been especially challenging since Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg, a Democrat, has served time in jail for drunken driving. She returned to work last week.
Rosemary Lehmberg - Travis County DIstrict Attorney

It's a state case, not a federal case.

Or do you need a civics lesson on how they're not the same thing?

You are seriously saying that the feds never put pressure on local politics and prosecutions?

Really?

:lol:

No, I'm saying there's absolutely no reason to think they did, in this case.

Other than this administration's history of Shitcago style politics that it oozed out from?

Do you do stand up?

You are seriously saying that the feds never put pressure on local politics and prosecutions?

Really?

Other than this administration's history of Shitcago style politics that it oozed out from?

Do you do stand up?

This is why I love this website so much.

There's nothing better than literally watching people convince themselves of anything, as long as it makes them feel good about themselves.

No need for truth when you've got truthiness, right?

As long as it's believable, it must be true.

This is about as solid of a case as the one that they got against tom Delay. claiming he broke a law two years before the law existed.

Do you do stand up?

There's nothing better than literally watching people convince themselves of anything, as long as it makes them feel good about themselves.

Did I say it must be true?

No, I am saying it is a valid suspicion. There is a huge range of possibilities between 'it is proven true' on one hand and 'it is impossible' on the other.

Wouldn't you agree?

Do you do stand up?

Did I say it must be true?

No, I am saying it is a valid suspicion. There is a huge range of possibilities between 'it is proven true' on one hand and 'it is impossible' on the other.

Wouldn't you agree?

No. Truth is binary. A statement is either true, or false. But that is beside the point.

The point is, you think it's a "valid suspicion" because you really want it to be true, not because there's actually any "valid" reason to "suspect" it.

Forum List

Back