🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Texas women gets LIFE IN PRISON after 6th DUI (no crash involved!)

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
I support this but am surprised. Usually our criminal coddler courts do nothing to drunk drivers unless they cause a fatal crash.

San Marcos woman gets life in prison after 6th DWI | www.statesman.com

Sept. 18, 2013

A Hays County jury on Wednesday sentenced a San Marcos woman to life in prison after her sixth conviction of driving while intoxicated.
Rose Ann Davidson, 44, was arrested by a Kyle police officer in the early morning hours of July 27, 2012, on Interstate 35 after he observed her driving erratically. The officer concluded she was intoxicated and found an open container of beer in her vehicle.
Davidson had five prior convictions for driving while intoxicated dating back to 1996 and had only recently been released from prison, Hays County officials said.

She does time and picks up right where she left off after getting released? Life in prison is what she deserves because she has made it as clear as glass that she has no desire to at least drink responsibly.

God bless you and those who live in her area always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

The question a very wise jurist told a jury once was "Who is more guilty: the drunk who runs a stopsign and kills a person he never saw, or the drunk who runs a stopsign and kills no one, because no one was there to kill?

This woman who was caught 6 times either is or isn't as guilty as the drunk driving the same roads the same times of day or night and killed.

Sometimes justice is something people receive but truly, didn't want justice but mercy. In the case of a drunk driver, it's an additional opportunity to take another human life.

• Banned
The question a very wise jurist told a jury once was "Who is more guilty: the drunk who runs a stopsign and kills a person he never saw, or the drunk who runs a stopsign and kills no one, because no one was there to kill?

This woman who was caught 6 times either is or isn't as guilty as the drunk driving the same roads the same times of day or night and killed.

Sometimes justice is something people receive but truly, didn't want justice but mercy. In the case of a drunk driver, it's an additional opportunity to take another human life.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say but obviously a DUI who kills deserves a much stiffer penalty than one who is simply pulled over and hasn't harmed anyone. That's what surprises me about this sentence.

She is a public danger and she can't control herself.

She is better off in jail.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say but obviously a DUI who kills deserves a much stiffer penalty than one who is simply pulled over and hasn't harmed anyone. That's what surprises me about this sentence.

It should not surprise anyone, this woman is a danger to herself and others. More than being a recidivist offender, she has substance abuse problem she needs rehab perhaps but definitely off the street. She was recently released from prison.

Who should go to prison, a soccer mom who intentionally smashes her car into someone else's car or someone whose ability to drive is reduced, but does not hurt anyone? Murderers get less time than this. And it is all about the police state cracking down...

It should not surprise anyone, this woman is a danger to her self and others. More than being a recidivist offender, she has substance abuse problem she needs rehab perhaps but definitely off the street. She was recently released from prison.

can you take the driver's license off her? revoke her registration or even confiscate her car? can you warn all insurers that if this woman is caught with anybody's car then THEY would not be able to get insurance and THEIR license is going to be revoked?

there is a TON of possibilities to make impossible for her to drive anymore - without the totalitarian grip on putting her behind bars - FOR LIFE? are you frigging kidding me?

She is a public danger and she can't control herself.

She is better off in jail.

you people are dangerous.

that is why we have a prison population which exceeds anything resembling normalcy anywhere else in the world.

there are numerous possibilities to make impossible for her to drive and make it impossible for her friends/relatives whatever to let her behind the wheel of their car - but nobody even considers plain administrative punitive measures - do a jail time. yeah, sure, for 3 months, maybe, but for LIFE? :cuckoo:

She does time and picks up right where she left off after getting released? Life in prison is what she deserves because she has made it as clear as glass that she has no desire to at least drink responsibly.

God bless you and those who live in her area always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

:cuckoo:

I support this but am surprised. Usually our criminal coddler courts do nothing to drunk drivers unless they cause a fatal crash.

Sept. 18, 2013

A Hays County jury on Wednesday sentenced a San Marcos woman to life in prison after her sixth conviction of driving while intoxicated.
Rose Ann Davidson, 44, was arrested by a Kyle police officer in the early morning hours of July 27, 2012, on Interstate 35 after he observed her driving erratically. The officer concluded she was intoxicated and found an open container of beer in her vehicle.
Davidson had five prior convictions for driving while intoxicated dating back to 1996 and had only recently been released from prison, Hays County officials said.

She needs to be incarcerated, perhaps in a mental lock up like the one at Rusk.

[

can you take the driver's license off her? revoke her registration or even confiscate her car? can you warn all insurers that if this woman is caught with anybody's car then THEY would not be able to get insurance and THEIR license is going to be revoked?

there is a TON of possibilities to make impossible for her to drive anymore - without the totalitarian grip on putting her behind bars - FOR LIFE? are you frigging kidding me?

No there aren't any other ways. If she's free she's gonna drive.

Sept. 18, 2013

Totally outrageous penalty!
Outrageous, unfair, and ridiculous.

Well hey, why not just put her in the death chamber, then she'll be gone from sight forever.

I'm no fan of drunk drivers...but to jail someone for life...life, the rest of their life...and they haven't even been responsible for the death of anyone...is a disgrace.

The woman obviously has a problem with alcohol.
Ban her from driving.
If she keeps driving while banned, then jail her for a set sentence.
Put her in the county jail, like happened to Paris.

Speeding drivers kill people, as do drivers eating burgers, texting etc.

Last edited:
[
you people are dangerous.

that is why we have a prison population which exceeds anything resembling normalcy anywhere else in the world.

there are numerous possibilities to make impossible for her to drive and make it impossible for her friends/relatives whatever to let her behind the wheel of their car - but nobody even considers plain administrative punitive measures - do a jail time. yeah, sure, for 3 months, maybe, but for LIFE? :cuckoo:

For the tenth time, this is the only way to handle serial DUIs. It there's a non-prison way to keep her from driving tell us.

It's bullshit of the highest order. How anyone can condone life in prison for a DUI is beyond me.

It's bullshit of the highest order. How anyone can condone life in prison for a DUI is beyond me.

It's the 6th time she's been caught which means she has driven drunk thousands of times. Eventually she will kill.

Why are you a criminal coddler?

Sept. 18, 2013

Good. But it should be three strikes and you're out - three convictions in less than two years should see you jailed for life.

SIX convictions, she obviously isn't learning. You want her out on the road, drinking, and have her kill someone before she is justly punished?

Forum List

Back