Thank God I'm retired

So what? I mean I really don't see the problem...I used to be very very against homosexuality and them marrying etc but I really just don't care anymore...it doesn't bother me.

When a man can take his husband when he deploys, words have lost their meaning and we have lost our way.

And God is spelled with a capital G unless you don't believe in Him...

Last edited:
I am an atheist so no don't believe in god...What way have we lost? The country is only catching up with the rest of the world in most aspects...I am no flaming liberal all for gay rights but this just doesn't bother me at all....I have no problem with it...to me marriage should be a contract between 2 people. Simple as that...that's what mine and my wife's is...no religion involved nothing just me and her agreeing we love each other and want to spend the rest of our life together and for 7 years its been going well...and she is christian...well she at least believes in god...but she agrees with me.

Good luck...seven years is approaching a critical point.

Gay marriage isn't the end of the world...but when some shrub like Valerie jarret shows up at the friggen Pentagon to celebrate it....I tend to puke.

Lol...I don't blame you there...I can't stand Obama or anything or anyone associated with it. Yeah its been some rough years.We are so far blessed with 3 great kids but its been hard...I know how you must feel my dad was in the military for 4 years in the late 70's early 80's.

Again....good luck. If you have 3 little ones you have to commit to the long haul...family is all there is at the end of the day.

I did 28 in the USAF and my son did 25 more...so you know where I am coming from....the ancient times.....O))))

Ah yes. I wish I had joined the military as a youngster lol...looked into it but always had problem with my weight and now that my body is all beat to hell with surgeries etc I couldn't get in if I wanted to.

So what? I mean I really don't see the problem...I used to be very very against homosexuality and them marrying etc but I really just don't care anymore...it doesn't bother me.

That's called having a close relationship with reality.

The O/P was in serious denial prior to retirement and therefore avoided the fact that he was surrounded by gay people. We all are. They are everywhere, and they have been since we crawled out of the primordial soup and learned to walk on all twos.

Good luck...seven years is approaching a critical point.

Gay marriage isn't the end of the world...but when some shrub like Valerie jarret shows up at the friggen Pentagon to celebrate it....I tend to puke.

Then please turn your head and hurl elsewhere. Gay marriage is just the transparent version of what has been happening since long before you were ever born or even a wink in your straight parents' eye.

And guess what? Long after you have been retired and taxed the rest of us to death to pay your pension, gay people will still be out there, paying taxes like the rest of us, too.

Again....good luck. If you have 3 little ones you have to commit to the long haul...family is all there is at the end of the day.

I did 28 in the USAF and my son did 25 more...so you know where I am coming from....the ancient times.....O))))

You're being kind...archaic and out of touch is more like it.

That's called having a close relationship with reality.

The O/P was in serious denial prior to retirement and therefore avoided the fact that he was surrounded by gay people. We all are. They are everywhere, and they have been since we crawled out of the primordial soup and learned to walk on all twos.

Also referred to as having no firm beliefs and changing with the times since everything is relative and there is no truth.

Another shlub who thinks abortion is a great way to go...and marriage is whatever you want to define it. To that I say...GFY...

When a man can take his husband when he deploys, words have lost their meaning and we have lost our way.

You are acting as if this was the first time a military member took their spouse with them overseas.

What are you talking about? Nobody gets to take their spouse with them while deployed unless their spouse is also military.

Another shlub who thinks abortion is a great way to go...and marriage is whatever you want to define it. To that I say...GFY...

Who said anything about abortion? How do you like that pension we're paying you every month so you can sit at your computer and bash gay people?

Forum List

Back