Thank you for your service, President Bush

Wow a pissing match between the left and the right,,did I missing anything I haven't heard before?
Anyway, I voted for "W" in 2000 but not in 2004 because I came the conclusion he wasn't a good prez. I still feel that way.
But, I would love to have a beer with the guy. :beer:

Actually, Gitmo is 3/4 emptied, we're ACTUALLY out of Iraq, ACTUALLY getting out of Afghan, torture has ended, rendition is cut to the bone (all against Pub obstruction), financial, pollution, fracking, college loan, etc etc regulation/reform has been instituted, and we're finally getting inteligent health reform. Change the channel. ALL over mindless Pub obstruction.

Frankie how can anyone take you serious when you dont think the Democrats have ever lied to us or have never done anything to hurt anyone......tell me why i should think someone so jaded by a dam political party should be listened to?.....

One example?

Actually, Gitmo is 3/4 emptied, we're ACTUALLY out of Iraq, ACTUALLY getting out of Afghan, torture has ended, rendition is cut to the bone (all against Pub obstruction), financial, pollution, fracking, college loan, etc etc regulation/reform has been instituted, and we're finally getting inteligent health reform. Change the channel. ALL over mindless Pub obstruction.

Frankie how can anyone take you serious when you dont think the Democrats have ever lied to us or have never done anything to hurt anyone......tell me why i should think someone so jaded by a dam political party should be listened to?.....

One example?

thanx Frankie.....i guess you kinda just proved the jaded part.....and Frankie will it do me any good to point any thing out to you?......we have done this before with my State.....even here you say its all Republican doing ......Democrats were not to blame.....

Thanks president Bush for helping poor people realize the American dream.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNqQx7sjoS8]Home Ownership and President Bush - YouTube[/ame]

Thank you for your service, President Bush

bush_serving_beer.jpg

If Dan Rather had not presented forged documents as truth, he would still be on network news. Rather and Nixon are the same people. Their fury ended their careers.

Did you watch the Library ceremony? Was nice to see all the presidents on the stage together in a bipartisan setting. I also hadn't realized how poor of shape his father was in. Doesn't look like he has much time left sadly.

Too bad he didn't talk to his father when he was president.

There was a man who was a WWII officer, head of the CIA, Vice President and President. He drove Saddam back to his own borders and you can bet, being a smart and savvy man, besides the sanctions, he move sattelites overhead and the Iraqi government was riddled with spies to keep watch. You can bet he knew exactly what Saddam had.

If he believed his son, he would have spoken out in support.

So what was HW Bush doing sticking his nose in Iraq/Kuwait affairs? These wars are what has helped get us in to the financial condition we're in and produced terrorists that hate us.

We have treaties with some Middle Eastern countries and they sit on one of the largest reserves in the world, number one.

Second, they leaders in those countries, like Arabia, asked us. Sending Saddam back to Iraq was the right thing to do. Liberating Kuwait was the right thing to do.

Invading Iraq for no apparent reason was wrong. Bush Sr. never publicly supported in son in that endeavor. He knew what was going to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
you cant take the truth Dean that 90% of the posters here think you are a clown....something you brought on yourself......and that hurts your pin sized head.....and many here find that somewhat amusing....

Amelia starts a thread honoring a former president and wishing him well. She should have known that the extremists wouldn't be able to control themselves. It's a shame...all this poo flinging. There are plenty of threads where Bush and his policies are discussed. I don't get the need to shit all over this one.

Sorry for being a net nanny, but this shit just really sticks in my crawl. :(

Love him or hate him, No one can deny that Bush is a good person who had only the best intentions.

He did not set out to change the country but to do the will of the people.

Yes, he made some big mistakes, but name one president who has not made mistakes.

History will be kind to W, because history does not look through the biased eye of politics and a corrupt media.

I don't think the effects of his presidency have been fully realized yet. However I doubt that his approval numbers will be going down.

Amelia starts a thread honoring a former president and wishing him well. She should have known that the extremists wouldn't be able to control themselves. It's a shame...all this poo flinging. There are plenty of threads where Bush and his policies are discussed. I don't get the need to shit all over this one.

Sorry for being a net nanny, but this shit just really sticks in my crawl. :(

Don't LET it stick in your crawl.

Or craw for that matter. :D :razz:

OF COURSE some folks trip over themselves to piss all over President Bush and a thread dedicated to showing some appreciation for his service as President.

Like it would KILL them to acknowledge that he is a decent person and that, as President, he wasn't as terrible as they have long heard or said.

Thank you, and all the best in your future endeavors.

Personally, I can never forgive him and his Administration for pushing for a completely absurd and unfounded war in Iraq.

The intentions - in my opinion - were clearly malicious. And why? Because Iraq never attacked the US and there was literally no rational honorable reason to occupy that country after 9/11. So one must look elsewhere for motivation, and the logical assumption is profit/strategic gain.

Given the malicious intent, and the death toll of both US Citizens and Middle Easterners, and the $4 trillion that was transferred from US taxpayers to companies that profit from war (like Bush's acting VP's old company - Halliburton), (again) I cannot forgive this man. How can you forgive someone for killing hundreds of thousands of people in the name of lining someone's pockets with cold cash?

Instead of well wishes, how about we throw him in jail?

Last edited:
"Thank you for your service, President Bush ... and for God's sake, on your way out, don't roll the tea cart over the dog's tail, causing him to wake in a fright and bolt, knocking over an end table, causing the lamp to fall to the floor with the light bulp exploding, setting fire to the rug ... and bringing the entire house flaming down upon our heads."

"Thank you for your service, President Bush ... and for God's sake, on your way out, don't roll the tea cart over the dog's tail, causing him to wake in a fright and bolt, knocking over an end table, causing the lamp to fall to the floor with the light bulp exploding, setting fire to the rug ... and bringing the entire house flaming down upon our heads."

Uhm. He's been out for a while now.

Like 4 1/2 years, lil dude.

and the fire still burns, "big dudette"

and the fire still burns, "big dudette"

You must be talking about how the present clusterfuck in chief is torching our nation, lass.

Yeah. That Obama truly does suck massively.

Forum List

Back