thank you Milton Friedman

some years ago this was recorded. While I don't entirely agree with his assessment he is on the right track. The fed deserves a great deal of the blame for the 1929 crash but not all the blame.

"the great crash 1929"

by new dealer john kenneth galbraith explains the great depression. its short enough and all right here.

friedman is a debunked economist whose misguided policies led directly to the bush tax cuts (the actual root of the current deficit and inflation) and the crash of 2008. mrs friedman is as misguided as her husband, wearing her trump sneakers on her msnbc gig.

"the great crash 1929"

by new dealer john kenneth galbraith explains the great depression. its short enough and all right here.

friedman is a debunked economist whose misguided policies led directly to the bush tax cuts (the actual root of the current deficit and inflation) and the crash of 2008. mrs friedman is as misguided as her husband, wearing her trump sneakers on her msnbc gig.
Galbraith was a hack, who was wrong about damn near everything.

Galbraith was a hack, who was wrong about damn near everything.
The federal reserve welds too much power. The power to coin money lies DIRECTLY with Congress. Said this before Woodrow Wilson was one the worst things to happen to the US. The other was slavery. We all can certainly have a reasonable discussion about banking accountability and regulation. I use what I call the FFH rules so far government regulation goes Force, Fraud and health.

I'll also take it that some of the more savvy sorts here are up on this>>>>

1724630337957.png

~S~

Friedman makes the congruent point that inflation is the symptom of government spending more money than it has, then imposing inflation as a tax on you as the result. In effect then, inflation is taxation without representation.

Friedman makes the congruent point that inflation is the symptom of government spending more money than it has, then imposing inflation as a tax on you as the result. In effect then, inflation is taxation without representation.
You're aiming mighty high tonight Toob..... :cool: ~S~

You're aiming mighty high tonight Toob..... :cool: ~S~

Thanks. That is what she said last night. :dunno:

Seriously, this also explains why Joe Biden and Harris don't see inflation as a problem--- they have enormous headroom built into their salaries, they get kickbacks, speaking fees, quid pro quos, and/or their salaries are tied to a COLA.

But to a lot of people living on a job salary that hasn't changed in 15 years, a pension or social security or some other fixed income that does not change much with time, these people are hit the hardest. Essentially, the poorer you are, the more the cost (taxation) of inflation hits you.

How ironic that the poorest among us most hit by the inflation malfeasance of government also tend to vote democrat most often.

what is this <really> worth now?

View attachment 1001506

~S~

About a nickel.

Screen Shot 2024-08-25 at 8.43.37 PM.jpg

The US Dollar has lost 95% of its value (buying power) due to inflation over the past century.
When I was a kid, you could buy useful things WITH A COIN.
My father bought a nice, big car for $2,200.
When I started driving, I could buy a gallon of gasoline for only 39¢

So our money is worth less and less as currency, or perhaps the term devaluation applies.....?.~S~

This is the future I see, unless someone powerful (like Trump) steps in and stops it:
  1. They called Trump a dictator. Can you imagine if he ordered SWAT teams to roam the streets shooting people with paint balls if they dare stepped outside their homes? Yet that is exactly what Tim Walz did, and they SUPPORT him. Can you imagine if Trump posted a barricade fence around the US Capitol so that no one who disagreed with him could enter? Yet, that is just what Joe Biden did and the Left SUPPORTED him.
  2. The real reason why they want your cars all electric is not the climate. An electronic car can be controlled, it can be made to override the operator.
    • If you exceed the speed limit, it will know and slow down even if you are fleeing a rolling boulder about to smash into you. Or it will simply report you and give you a ticket. Then it will inform your insurance and they will raise your rates.
    • If you are a fugitive from law, if you have unpaid taxes, owe the IRS, have missed your alimony payment, they can simply SHUT YOUR CAR OFF. That is, while otherwise reporting everywhere you've driven. Maybe even order the car to lock you inside then drive you to the police station.
    • If you have driven too much exceeding your allowed carbon footprint, they will simply disable the car for the good of the planet until you get more carbon credits.
  3. The real reason why they want to do away with currency and go full electronic is because electronic media can be controlled. What they want to do is have your employer deposit money into your EFT account. That way, 100% of taxes will be paid. They will calculate your annual taxes and just debit your card. If you owe money to the government or your wife, or a fine, or a medical bill, there won't be any hearing, you'll just get a notice and the charges will be debited from your account. If you've done something wrong, they will simply shut off your money (and your car. Maybe all power to your house as well (ever wonder why they went to Smartmeters?)).
This is what they are really planning for you, what the Left want. Total control of your life. Everything will either be just you or the government. This is what lays in your future unless possibly, if Trump gets reelected and tries to stop it. No one else will or can. This is what Trump means when he says they are really coming for you, he knows, he has been inside at the top and sat at the meetings.

Forum List

Back