"I want the world to know that I followed a cult leader."

Almost everyone (except me of course) is doing the nation a disservice, most notably the government. No one wastes money, effort, and time like our government. Even the Constitution can't protect us from our own government.
We the people are responsible for the government we have. Government is not an abstraction. It is an entity under our control if we are willing to put the time and effort in to controlling it.

Feedback loop….
Three Republicans took the Democratic National Convention stage on its second night to explain why they broke away from the party of Donald Trump, and urged their fellow Republicans to back Vice President Kamala Harris in the 2024 presidential election.

“I saw him when the cameras were off. Behind closed doors, Trump mocks his supporters. He calls them ‘basement dwellers,’” said former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham.

“He has no empathy, no morals and no fidelity to the truth. He used to tell me, ‘It doesn’t matter what you say, Stephanie. Say it enough, and people will believe you,’” Grisham recalled.

Describing herself as a “true believer” in Trump’s MAGA movement, and one of the former president’s “closest advisors,” spending holidays with his family at Mar-a-Lago.

After serving as Trump’s press secretary for nine months, Grisham was named First Lady Melania Trump’s chief of staff. She resigned from that post on Jan. 6, 2021, in response to the deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.

Hell hath no fury like a cultist scorned.

There have no doubt been members of prior admins who felt disillusioned by the admin they worked for. Perhaps because they were too idealistic about what would be accomplished.

What we are seeing with former members of the trump admin is a different animal. They were repulsed by what they saw from trump. Namely, a lack of decency, intellectual rigor, honesty, and a constant focus on manipulating people. The last thing on his mind being making the US a better place to live in.

We the people are responsible for the government we have. Government is not an abstraction. It is an entity under our control if we are willing to put the time and effort in to controlling it.
We give up control when we elect people to represent us, then they don't represent us. What is important to the people is of little interest to our representatives.

No, the idea that you are so stupid you can't understand that it is you who are in the cult.
1724245732353.png

1724245763816.png

Forum List

Back