I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

Obviously and utterly false.

Bug bug bug. You simpleton. He is a criminal and old perv but more significantly at the moment is that he is demented. It is sad for him and his family. But it is a huge danger for our country.
The only criminal in this conversation is Trump

Thanks for reminding everyone

You Dem dumb asses... :icon_rolleyes: which party has actually tossed democracy in the shredder? Yes the Dem party. Attacked the SCOTUS and vowed to rig it for Dems, the Dems. Bypassed congress and go full dictator on the border and student loans, Dems. Toss their own Dem primary in the trash and just have a handful of party bosses anoint someone, Dems.

President Trump is facing a test to his presidency unlike any faced by a modern American leader.

It’s not just that the special counsel looms large. Or that the country is bitterly divided over Mr. Trump’s leadership. Or even that his party might well lose the House to an opposition hellbent on his downfall.

The dilemma — which he does not fully grasp — is that many of the senior officials in his own administration are working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.

I would know. I am one of them.

To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office.

The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making.

I was reminded of the op-ed while watching this.

Miles Taylor, the author of the piece and then chief-of-staff at DHS, recalls meetings in the Oval with people coming and going, some without security clearances while classified info was being discussed, trump barking out orders on the fly, essentially "winging it."

Meetings with him veer off topic and off the rails, he engages in repetitive rants, and his impulsiveness results in half-baked, ill-informed and occasionally reckless decisions that have to be walked back.

“There is literally no telling whether he might change his mind from one minute to the next,” a top official complained to me recently, exasperated by an Oval Office meeting at which the president flip-flopped on a major policy decision he’d made only a week earlier.

I'd like trump fans to pause for a moment..............................instead of reflexively coming to Don's defense....................and consider if that is the kind of leadership you desire from a prez. Especially given that the people who were around him in his first term who made sure his idiocy was not imposed on the country will not be there in a second term.

Alll of them, but particularly this one, should have been executed for treason after a fair but speedy trial, of course.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Trump is absolutely a criminal. CONVICTED criminal
Nope. It’s not a conviction until entry of judgment. That hasn’t taken place yet because it requires sentencing. And sentencing was delayed.

And, in any event, it’s a bogus verdict after a sham trial and it will be vacated either on appeal or possibly by the trial court itself (although I seriously doubt that Merchan is objective enough to concede that the persecutors used Trump’s presidential behavior as part of their case and consequently the SCOTUS immunity decision should yield a dismissal now of all charges).

Many of them, like Taylor, were chosen to serve in the admin because they were lifelong Repubs. As Taylor noted, he thought many of trump's policies were good for the country (I disagree). But he recognized, as did many others, trump's lack of the qualifications required to be the prez.

Then Taylor should have ran.
As it is I look forward to his execution during Trump 47.

And in any case, Trump is not a criminal.
1722707661173.png

Forum List

Back