🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Thanks to Obamacare Pfizer Relocating to Ireland

I bet you fools believe American pharmaceuticals are made in America...
48 Pharma companies within an hour of my house.

HQs, maybe. Manufacturing plants, doubtful.

Unless you live in China or India.

The relative low cost of Manafactuering but high quality in Pharma generally means they don't go to the cheapest but the best.

I don't know the pharma business as well as the Med Device but look at this way...

Cork and Dublin are the Pharme Golden valley of Europe. The Pharma companies have the third level eduction universities offering the right courses and they are reaping the new talent coming on to the market. BioChem degrees in these areas are plentiful and also in high demand.

My Area Galway is Med Device area, we are biotech (i think), honestly don't ask as there is a mirad of jobs from industrial, chemical & Mechanical engineers, Sigma 6, IT guys....
One of out local plants gets one device to pass in every 4 built and they are really good. This is the best record in the company, out shines any thing in the US. Twice they tried to move, once to Philipeans and then to Mexico, they spent Billions. Not one device passed test.

So while the Tax advantages are good they have a very good working relationship with the government. INTEL and Google constantly comment on our educational system and the quality and quanity of graduates into the IT fields... Pfizler does the same for it's choosen graduates.. They both say more maths, science and languages but the main thing they all comment on is the quality of communication our graduates have. They actually asked the Universities to tone down the pressure on students on continious education as they found they got more rounded graduates when they found there own path and made there own choices while passing exams.

So they may have came for the tax breaks but they have stated the business enviroment is somethign they like. Ireland speaks English, likes to start later in the day, work harder than rest of Europe. Our biggest competitior was going to be an independent Scotland and that didn't happen.

Pfizer, which was founded in Brooklyn, USA in 1849, began operating in Ireland in the 1960s.

http://pfizercareers.com/career-types/locations/ie
And now they are moving their entire operation all all the jobs that go along with it there

why do you think that is

Very little Jobs... The R & D bases are there for decades to move them is corporate sucide...
Where they pay taxes will change. They are going to pay the Irish Government instead of other ones.

But I don't see anyone complaining about Novartis or Roche(the next biggest Pharma) paying tax in Switzerland for years (in actually the same town Basel, so same Canton). Sanofi 5th is Paris. [URL='http://www.pmlive.com/top_pharma_list/pharma_companies/glaxosmithkline_plc']GlaxoSmithKline is UK.[/URL]

The list is endless...

Forum List

Back