The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

OMG, it's turned into a Yanks / Red Sox GDT. :lol:

Just to bust things open a bit, Verlander was filthy again last night. CG at Chicago, Tigs win 2-1. I guess we've found our closer - our starter.

Just to bust things open a bit, Verlander was filthy again last night. CG at Chicago, Tigs win 2-1. I guess we've found our closer - our starter.

lol ...

Dude! I after the first couple weeks of the season I was thinking, "man this sucks that Verlander is just a shell of himself."

But holy crap has he been dealing ever since!

lol ...

Dude! I after the first couple weeks of the season I was thinking, "man this sucks that Verlander is just a shell of himself."

He's really turned it around after a godawful start. Nice little competition going on between him and Ed Jackson.

Interesting that Rod Allen (Tigers color analyst) has been saying his attitude is completely different now on game day. Used to be chatty and friendly. This year, on game day, don't even bother. If you're in his way he'll walk over you and not even notice you were there.

Whatever, it's working. He's given up 8 runs on 43 hits in his last 65 innings, while striking out 81 and walking 16.

lol ...

He's really turned it around after a godawful start. Nice little competition going on between him and Ed Jackson.

Interesting that Rod Allen (Tigers color analyst) has been saying his attitude is completely different now on game day. Used to be chatty and friendly. This year, on game day, don't even bother. If you're in his way he'll walk over you and not even notice you were there.

Whatever, it's working. He's given up 8 runs on 43 hits in his last 65 innings, while striking out 81 and walking 16.

THAT'S the kind of attitude I want in my starting pitcher.

And yeah, Jackson has really come around this season. I never doubted his stuff ... I guess he just needed a change of scenery.

Penny vs. Sabathia tonight. Probably the Skankies best chance.

Dude ...

My buddy sent me a text message yesterday afternoon while I was still sleeping, "I got standing room only ticket on the Green Monster for thursday's game with your name on it."

So of course when I wake I'm all psyched and what not. So I reply, "sweet, I'm in"

Annnnnnnnnnnnd about a minute later he replies, "Sorry dude, somebody else took the ticket."

WTF?!

Next time I see him I'm kicking him in the shins.

Dude ...

My buddy sent me a text message yesterday afternoon while I was still sleeping, "I got standing room only ticket on the Green Monster for thursday's game with your name on it."

So of course when I wake I'm all psyched and what not. So I reply, "sweet, I'm in"

Annnnnnnnnnnnd about a minute later he replies, "Sorry dude, somebody else took the ticket."

WTF?!

Sure he's not a closer pinstriper?

lol ...

Yeah, I'm sure, Bob. He's just an idiot.

The mother fucker knows that I work nights and sleep all day and would never turn down that ticket.

BAH!

Dude ...

WTF?!

aim higher

Tigs tie it up 3-3 in the top of the 9th, only for our bullpen (Zumaya) to blow if in the bottom of the frame.

Still, 3 out of 5 at our nemesis across Lake Michigan is a good result.

On to Pittsburgh for interleague. I'm in the Keys for the next 2 weeks :razz: so I won't be able to watch :(

Go Tigers!

Giradi fucked it up, he should have pulled CC after Green got the hit, NEVER let a pitcher talk you into staying in a game.

Forum List

Back