The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

Bah!

I spend 2 days driving down to the Keys and the Tigers lose 2 games. The moral of this story - never leave home again.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Well at least we didn't get swept, and came back against Beckett.

All wins count the same at the end of the season, but some wins just mean more than others. Yesterday's win was a big one.

John Lannan (who?) pitches a gem and shuts down the Yanks for the Nats :)

340x(30).jpg

I was expecting that one from Paulie. :lol:

Doesn't change anything though.

2006: AL-154 AAA-98
2007: AL-137 AAA-115
2008: AL-149 AAA-103

Now go look up how 2009 is shaping up. :lol:

John Lannan (who?) pitches a gem and shuts down the Yanks for the Nats :)

I think he was a reliever before this season. He was moved into the rotation to replace Tim Redding if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: I was wrong. He started last season as well. But you're right though. WHO?

Last edited:

Mani come on. You don't bat your pitcher, which is of course going to inflate offensive production and lead to more runs. Not only that, but you don't have to lose a starter in the 6th because you're down by 2 and you need a bat to come in and knock some guys in when the pitcher's spot is up.

In baseball you're supposed to play both sides. If you pitch, you still have to bat. In the majors you don't have time as a pitcher to work on hitting, but oh well. You still have to bat. It's part of the game. Yourt pitcher gets to sit on his ass in the dugout, and so does your DH. If that's not babying professional athletes, I don't know what is. You ought to be ashamed, frankly.

What's your counter argument to this?

Last edited:
The Skanks made their fans sit through a 5 hour rain delay today only to get shut out by the Nats.

I'd be pretty effin' livid with the team if I had a ticket to that game.

Mani come on. You don't bat your pitcher, which is of course going to inflate offensive production and lead to more runs. Not only that, but you don't have to lose a starter in the 6th because you're down by 2 and you need a bat to come in and knock some guys in when the pitcher's spot is up.

In baseball you're supposed to play both sides. If you pitch, you still have to bat. In the majors you don't have time as a pitcher to work on hitting, but oh well. You still have to bat. It's part of the game. Yourt pitcher gets to sit on his ass in the dugout, and so does your DH. If that's not babying professional athletes, I don't know what is. You ought to be ashamed, frankly.

I'd say that when the leagues go at it heads up it's on an even playing field making the DH argument null and void.

I'd say that when the leagues go at it heads up it's on an even playing field making the DH argument null and void.

I'm a little lazy to look it up right now, I'm about to hit the sack, but I'd be interested to see just the head to head stats when the NL is the home team.

I'm a little lazy to look it up right now, I'm about to hit the sack, but I'd be interested to see just the head to head stats when the NL is the home team.

I'll see what I can come up with while you are sleeping. Slow night at work.

Anyone need a closer?

Fernando Rodney enters the game with a 3 run lead and promptly walks the sacks full. Winning run tagged out at the plate before a clearly injured Cabrera leads off the 10th with a homer and rounds the bases slower than Gibby in '88.

Tigs beat ChiSox 7-6, but Rodney is a disaster waiting to happen.

The sonofabitch did it again!!!! 6-3 lead in the bottom of the 9th with the Tigs trying to stop a 4 game skid in St Louis, and Rodney walks the bases full AGAIN! OK, a DP got him out of it, but you can't have a closer that does that!

Either trade him, release him or send him to a glue factory. I don't care just GET HIM OUTTA HERE!:dig:

Alright, Paulie, I did some research.

From 2006-2008 spanning some 756 interleague games here's what I've got.

As the home team the AL was 236-142.

As the home team the NL was 175-203.

The Phillies suck at Home
but since the rest of the division like to lose
my Phillies are still on Top.

I go to the game this Sunday - Father's Day
at CBP in Philly.
I'm taking 6 others in my family.
But all I could get were Standing Room tickets.
And that was the 1st day they went on sale
at Box Office in February.

Phillies could hit the 4 Million attendance mark this season.
They sell out most games.
Pirates might make a little over 1 Million.
Shows the difference between winning and losing.

Baltimore Bob

My counter is apparently you didn't understand what you quoted. I posted the AL vs. NL records. And when they play each other, they play by the same rules. You make it sound like the AL gets to use a DH in interleague play but the NL doesn't. So taking that into account, you actually didn't make any valid point whatsoever.

Forum List

Back