The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

The Skanks made their fans sit through a 5 hour rain delay today only to get shut out by the Nats.

I'd be pretty effin' livid with the team if I had a ticket to that game.
Wasn't the Yankees. MLB ordered it because neither team has an off day at the same time the rest of the year.

Yankees invited all remaining fans to the ground level seats when the game started.

I was expecting that one from Paulie. :lol:

Doesn't change anything though.

2006: AL-154 AAA-98
2007: AL-137 AAA-115
2008: AL-149 AAA-103

Now go look up how 2009 is shaping up. :lol:

Mani come on. You don't bat your pitcher, which is of course going to inflate offensive production and lead to more runs. Not only that, but you don't have to lose a starter in the 6th because you're down by 2 and you need a bat to come in and knock some guys in when the pitcher's spot is up.

In baseball you're supposed to play both sides. If you pitch, you still have to bat. In the majors you don't have time as a pitcher to work on hitting, but oh well. You still have to bat. It's part of the game. Yourt pitcher gets to sit on his ass in the dugout, and so does your DH. If that's not babying professional athletes, I don't know what is. You ought to be ashamed, frankly.

What's your counter argument to this?

My counter is apparently you didn't understand what you quoted. I posted the AL vs. NL records. And when they play each other, they play by the same rules. You make it sound like the AL gets to use a DH in interleague play but the NL doesn't. So taking that into account, you actually didn't make any valid point whatsoever.

No, YOU obviously missed the point Mani. According to A-15's numbers he dug up, the NL is 30 games better against the AL when they're the home team.

So the AL does worse when having to bat their pampered ass pitchers and lose their DH. You're only as potent as you are when you get to play by YOUR rules.

Which league won the WS last year?? I'm having a memory lapse for some reason...

That's a bit more like it. First place Tigers sweep first place Brewskis. And after having failed to score more than 3 runs in the previous 7 games, our bats have woken up a bit and we've knocked in 28 over the last 4. :clap2:

Back up to a 4 game lead in the AL Central. 3 more at home next against the Cubbies before a 9 game road trip against the Astros, A's and Twinkies, then 6 at home against the Royals and Tribe take us to the All Star break..

4 game skid is well behind us, and the Tigs have now reeled off 6 straight wins (despite Fernando Rodney's best efforts). 5 games in front in the AL Central. Woot!

4 game skid is well behind us, and the Tigs have now reeled off 6 straight wins (despite Fernando Rodney's best efforts). 5 games in front in the AL Central. Woot!

Nothing like the Flubs to get a team back on track.:evil::evil::evil:

Baseball is sometimes extended to encompass all competitive activities in which offense and defense are played, regardless of the level of physical activity. Both games of skill and motor sport exhibit many of the characteristics of physical sports, such as skill, sportsmanship, and at the highest levels, even professional sponsorship associated with physical sports.

Baseball is sometimes extended to encompass all competitive activities in which offense and defense are played, regardless of the level of physical activity. Both games of skill and motor sport exhibit many of the characteristics of physical sports, such as skill, sportsmanship, and at the highest levels, even professional sponsorship associated with physical sports.

Party on, Wayne!

Mets look like a minor league team with all those injuries.

We don't look much better with our injuries, either.

I'm amazed we're still in first, although I think after last night's loss we dropped to 2nd. I haven't seen the standings in a few days.

Not to the Mets you didn't, they were a 1/2 game out friday and lost 2 in a row to the Yankees.

AJ gave up only one hit in 7 innings, the Mets looked even worse then friday night.

Yankees sweep lame assed Mets, who even managed to walk Mo with the bases loaded and 2 out.

Still three back of the Sox.

Tigers beat the A's in Oakland, but....

DAMN! :eek:

BALTIMORE -- It wasn't just the biggest comeback of the week, the month or the year. The Orioles netted their largest comeback win in franchise history Tuesday night, when they overcame a nine-run deficit with a pair of late five-run rallies en route to earning an 11-10 victory over the division rival Red Sox.

O's stage historic comeback vs. Red Sox | MLB.com: News

Forum List

Back