The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

I would like seeing him in a Sox uniform as well ... the dude has proven he can be dominant in the AL East.

However, I fear the asking price for him is going to be more than any GM will be willing to pay.

Well, Roy has a clause that he picks the team he wants to go to. So basically he can just ride it out until next season and make a killing in the free agent market. The Blue Jays know he won't resign with them, so they have to get rid of him while they can still get something for him.

I would like seeing him in a Sox uniform as well ... the dude has proven he can be dominant in the AL East.

However, I fear the asking price for him is going to be more than any GM will be willing to pay.

Well, Roy has a clause that he picks the team he wants to go to. So basically he can just ride it out until next season and make a killing in the free agent market. The Blue Jays know he won't resign with them, so they have to get rid of him while they can still get something for him.

Yup and he has more trade value the earlier they more him because I suspect he will be an 20 million a year or more playing on the market.

no, an epic fold is dropping 4 straight in the ALCS, including game 7 at home.

just sayin
:lol:

they came back from a 4 run deficit in the 9th today and won in the 11th.

Actually an epic fold is being up 14 1/2 games and not winning a pennent due to a guy with 4 HR hitting one off your ace.

Bobby Thompson?
Thompson was a power hitter, and that was a best of three series.

Toronto taking offers on Halladay ...
Yankees could be in this mix, especially if they agree to take on Vernon well's contract in the deal.

NY could offer Joba, Melky and swisher (all making peanuts) and Toronto would be dumping 40 mil a year and 100 mil they owe Wells.

Don't forget, haladay has a no trade clause, he won't go to a shit or struggling team.

Yankees could be in this mix, especially if they agree to take on Vernon well's contract in the deal.

NY could offer Joba, Melky and swisher (all making peanuts) and Toronto would be dumping 40 mil a year and 100 mil they owe Wells.

Don't forget, haladay has a no trade clause, he won't go to a shit or struggling team.

That's a pretty good thought. I suspect Toronto is looking for prospects with high ceilings but I like the outside the box thinking you got going on by adding Wells into the deal.

That's a pretty good thought. I suspect Toronto is looking for prospects with high ceilings but I like the outside the box thinking you got going on by adding Wells into the deal.
NY has some nice power prospects in double and triple A also to offer, they could do some trading here.

Tigs take the 2nd of 3 from the Royals to even the series 1-1, and I've got tickets for tonight's rubber game with our 24 year old rookie Lucas French going against Greinke going for KC, whoo-hoo!

I've not seen French before, and Zack's been a bit out of sorts over his last six starts (2-3) but he's still a class pitcher. Will be fun to watch.

Most teams who might pick him up this year will almost certainly only be renting him for the remainder of the season anyway.

I can't imagine the asking price being worth such a thing. We're probably talking several prospects. Why mortgage your future on half a season?

Most teams who might pick him up this year will almost certainly only be renting him for the remainder of the season anyway.

I can't imagine the asking price being worth such a thing. We're probably talking several prospects. Why mortgage your future on half a season?

He's signed thru next season.

The price tag will be huge.

Tigs take the 2nd of 3 from the Royals to even the series 1-1, and I've got tickets for tonight's rubber game with our 24 year old rookie Lucas French going against Greinke going for KC, whoo-hoo!

I've not seen French before, and Zack's been a bit out of sorts over his last six starts (2-3) but he's still a class pitcher. Will be fun to watch.

And it sure was. French held the Royals scoreless before giving up a solo shot in the 7th, and the Tigers got to Greinke early to set up a 3-1 win.

French's first win in the show, and what a pitcher to do it against. :clap2:

And it sure was. French held the Royals scoreless before giving up a solo shot in the 7th, and the Tigers got to Greinke early to set up a 3-1 win.

Bob, do you think Halladay will be leaving Toronto before the trading deadline?

Bob, do you think Halladay will be leaving Toronto before the trading deadline?

On the basis that I believe he'll be leaving at the end of the season anyway, the Jays would be crazy not to shop him around.

He's the kind of pitcher that can genuinely make a difference in a big series. I can think of several teams that would love to have him on their staff for September and beyond.

Question is, who can afford him? I suspect he'll be traded to someone for the stretch run and will then go on the block after the season is over. As to who gets him this year, I don't know enough about the strength of farm systems to know who has the depth to give up what the Jays would want for what is likely to be at most 8 weeks of Roy Halladay.

The kicker is that he's signed thru next season so it isn't an 8 week rental. It's a year and 8 week rental.

Forum List

Back