The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

I saw the video of the All Star Game's first pitch.

The President throws like a wuss.

I'm psyched Wakefield made the team, he's a class act!

Too bad they didn't pitch him last night. I guess they were saving him in case it went into extra innings? :cool:

48 hours of downtime before we visit Saddam Hussein's new palace in the Bronx Friday.

Way to go A.L. And way to go Curtis Granderson.

I'm psyched Wakefield made the team, he's a class act!

Too bad they didn't pitch him last night. I guess they were saving him in case it went into extra innings? :cool:

I love Wake. But I wouldn't have pitched him either. A knuckleballer versus an All-Star line-up...:eusa_think:

Yeeeeeahhhhhh, I think I like my chances better with a stable of hard throwing closers.

That was a tough loss, especially since Howard couldn't get it done.

I don't know about not pitching Wake though. The guy finally made it, and Maddon doesn't get him in? I always thought everyone was supposed to get at least SOME playing time. Who cares if he throws a knuckle? The game is still played for fun, even though it has WS home field implications.

On another note, Pedro signs with Phils and then goes on DL :lol: Should be ready in a couple weeks :rolleyes:

I guess it's a low risk move for only 1 mil. I think he's going to end up taxing the bullpen though, with probably 5 innings a start.

Funny you should say that, earlier this week, on a NY sports talk show, the question of pedro signing with the phils came up, and the comment was:

"Why, does Philly need someone to fill up their disabled list?" :lol:

Yeah, I mean, in a couple weeks this guy Lopez who's pitched well in his first two starts in the number 5 spot might even amount to something, who knows.

This is a move that Pat Gillick wouldn't have made if he was still here. At least it was on the cheap. We really don't have all THAT much to lose if he doesn't pan out, I guess. Besides maybe some stamina in our bullpen arms :lol:

Thing is, our pitching is coming around now. This move made more sense about a month or two ago. Now, it just seems pointless with a guy like Halladay on the market.

Hughes is wicked right now, struck out 6 Tigers in 2 innings.

And our wicked setup guy gives up the lead again. Shame for French, who looked good again.

Rain delay - looks like a major cloudburst. I'm betting the game gets called.

Forum List

Back