The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

Don't underestimate Dice-K.

If he gets it together a return the rotation could be a late season boon for the Sox.

I don't underestimate him. He's one of my favorite players and I got his official jersey but the guy is killing me with his control. If he was able to get his control together he'd easily be one of the best in the MLB.

Xeno, I want YOU guys in the WS.

Two bandboxes, lots of HR's...could make a great series.

Gammons mentioned Buchholz last night on Baseball Tonight as possibly being part of a package to get Halladay, should Boston make such a move.

Interestingly enough, the Phillies were also mentioned. I'm not even sure who we could throw into the deal, besides some of our pitching prospects, namely Carlos Carrasco.

Last edited:
I came across this today, Paulie.

The latest word from a source familiar with Philadelphia's thinking is that the front-running Phillies have decided they will not include top pitching prospect Kyle Drabek in a four-player package for superstar pitcher Roy Halladay, perhaps raising the chances that Halladay will be dealt elsewhere or maybe even stay with the Jays. The Phillies are believed to have told Toronto of their Drabek decision, but if they haven't yet they will inform the Jays very soon.

Phillies won't trade Kyle Drabek for Roy Halladay; Cliff Lee news - Jon Heyman - SI.com

I think I'd be willing to lose Drabek for Halladay, but I don't know about ALSO losing Donald. Donald's obviously blocked right now, but Rollins isn't exactly a spring chicken, and he's a FA after next season, with a club option for '11.

They want an awful lot for just one pitcher, that we apparently don't really even need anymore, as this part of the article points out:

In any case, the Phillies appear to be drawing a line below Drabek, and with them starting to run away in the NL East thanks to nine straight victories, it's almost understandable. Their need doesn't appear to be quite so urgent now.

I wonder if Drabek would have been considered, say, 2 months ago.

The Philllies recent tear does seem to have put a damper on the Halladay market.

IMO, the Jays are asking too much for a pitcher they have no chance of retaining after next season.

They are pretty much asking the Sox to clean out the farm to get him. From what I hear it's start with Buchholtz, Bowden, and Bard then go from there. That's a pretty big starting price tag.

the philllies recent tear does seem to have put a damper on the halladay market.

Imo, the jays are asking too much for a pitcher they have no chance of retaining after next season.

they are pretty much asking the sox to clean out the farm to get him. From what i hear it's start with buchholtz, bowden, and bard then go from there. that's a pretty big starting price tag.

$Hell_Frozen_Over.jpg

We need Beckett to stop this skid tonight and end our first losing streak of the season.

I'm thinking Clay Buchholz will be seeing a lot of big league innings the rest of the season.

Wakefield DL'd and Buchholtz called up.

Man I'm good!

nice move by the sox. makes room for buchholz and gives wake a rest at midseason. buchholz's win last friday probably aggravated tim's back.:eusa_whistle:

Are you suggesting the Sox would fabricate an injury?

I'm shocked! SHOCKED, I say!

I can't believe they didn't just throw Jones out at the plate. That was pathetic.

Forum List

Back