The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

YANKEES now in first all alone, as NY defeats the Baltimore 6-4 and the Red sox fall to Texas again.

First time I could say that on USMB, feels good after all the abuse I had to endure from the beantowners. ;)

If its up to me, we will be there.

Y'all are in first now ...

doesn't matter what place the sox and yankees finish in. yankees cant beat boston. new york's only hope is that they win their first round and boston loses theirs.
That means nothing, a few years ago NY beat Cleveland 9-0 in the regular season, and lost in the playoffs to them (the Joba bug game, remmeber?)

Plus the Red Sox and NY have 10 more, 7 of them in NY before this season is up.

Y'all are in first now ...

doesn't matter what place the sox and yankees finish in. yankees cant beat boston. new york's only hope is that they win their first round and boston loses theirs.
That means nothing, a few years ago NY beat Cleveland 9-0 in the regular season, and lost in the playoffs to them (the Joba bug game, remmeber?)

Plus the Red Sox and NY have 10 more, 7 of them in NY before this season is up.

do you WANT to face Boston in the playoffs? hillary clinton curse.

The Philllies recent tear does seem to have put a damper on the Halladay market.

IMO, the Jays are asking too much for a pitcher they have no chance of retaining after next season.

They are pretty much asking the Sox to clean out the farm to get him. From what I hear it's start with Buchholtz, Bowden, and Bard then go from there. That's a pretty big starting price tag.

I don't get to see much Sox action, but I got to see a little during our series and this kid Bard is something else.

I wouldn't give up Buchholz and Bard for Halladay. Although, you guys can afford to sign Halladay, so...

Plus you obviously need some help in your rotation.

Would you pull the trigger?

Another nice job by a Tigers starter is wasted. Tigs score 1 run on six hits, Mariners score 2 runs on 2 hits. Galarraga left the game after 7 1/3 innings of one hit ball, but Bobby Seay gave up a 2 out 2 run shot before the inning was over. Despite the rain delay, it was a sad end to an otherwise enjoyable evening at the ballpark with the kids.

Mark Buehrle threw a perfect game today ....

... while sitting on my fantasy team's bench.

:eusa_wall:

Joba brilliant through 7, should have been pulled after that, walked a guy and hit another in the 8th before being pulled.

No matter, he gave up only a run and 2 hits as NY wins its 8th striaght to stay 2 1/2 over the Red Sox.

Forum List

Back