The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

Watch out for the Braves. They have put together a very good team in the last few weeks.

That's a bit more like it. After losing 5 of 6 (4 of them by a 2-1 margin), the Tigs doubled up the ChiSox in yesterday's doubleheader.

Watch out for the Braves. They have put together a very good team in the last few weeks.

Unless philly falls apart, I don't see the Braves offering any kind of viable competition.

Two weeks ago the Braves swept the Phillies in Atlanta.

Barring injury the Braves will win the division.

Chris, the Phillies have the best record in the MLB for the entire month of July. Two weeks ago they were in the middle of putting together a 10 game winning streak.

What you're referring to was almost a month ago, and has proven to be the end of their bad play. They had no Ibanez in the lineup, who's been the glue this season, and since that series they haven't looked back.

Sorry, but Atlanta doesn't match up well against Philly.

Educate yourself.

I'm a huge Braves fan and even I know it is a long shot for them to win the divsion. Philly will have to implode and I just don't see that happening.

NY bullpen finally fails, as win streak ends at 8.

Sox win to close to within 1 1/2.

Unless philly falls apart, I don't see the Braves offering any kind of viable competition.

Chris, the Phillies have the best record in the MLB for the entire month of July. Two weeks ago they were in the middle of putting together a 10 game winning streak.

What you're referring to was almost a month ago, and has proven to be the end of their bad play. They had no Ibanez in the lineup, who's been the glue this season, and since that series they haven't looked back.

Educate yourself.

The Braves are 5-1 against the Phillies this year.

Educate yourself.

If only the Giants could acquire a bat. Apparently Matt Holiday was available for prospects. We had prospects. I hate the Giant's management. they didn't even CALL the A's! That total BS!

NY wins again to finish the homestand 9-1.

The Sox fall to Baltimore and so NY is back to 2 1/2 game lead on them.

Next stop Tampa for three games with the Rays.

Educate yourself.

The Braves are 5-1 against the Phillies this year.

Educate yourself.

What's that supposed to even mean in the face of a 6.5 game deficit in the division?

3 of those wins were during our cold streak without our hottest bat in the lineup, and our starting pitchers throwing poorly. The other two were at the beginning of the season when the Phillies ALWAYS lose.

Everything is just the opposite now, so we don't really know the situation until they meet again, which is mid-August.

On paper at this point, you don't match up. Especially now that our pitching has come around.

Yankees win again behind AJ as teh rays can't touch him.

Red Sox keep pace with a great effort from Beckett.

WEEI is reported that Dice-K told Japanese media that the reason why he isn't pitching well this season is because the Red Sox are not allowing him to train the way the he did when he was in Japan. He further states that the reason why he was successful the previous two seasons were because of stored up arm strength from before he initially left Japan.

Here's the link.

I live in Australia, pray for my soul because cricket makes baseball look like the NFL.

I live in Australia, pray for my soul because cricket makes baseball look like the NFL.

I had a chance to play baseball in Australia years ago. There were some really good "baseballers blokes" back then. Isn't the movement growing?

NY falls to the Rays as CC stinks it up, but the Red Sox don't gain ground after epic ninth inning meltdown.

Phillies just aquired Lee from Cleveland, that means Halady won't be a Philly.

Phillies just aquired Lee from Cleveland, that means Halady won't be a Philly.

I think this deal was better anyway. We didn't have to give up 3 of the best prospects that Toronto wanted, and we still got a Cy Young winner.

Lee has one of the worst run supports in the AL this year, with a decent ERA in the 3's. So he should do very well in Philly.

I'm obviously pretty damn excited. This could very well solidify our chances at making another WS run.

I wonder where this leaves Pedro? Bullpen??? :lol:

Forum List

Back