The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

Uugh. 2-0 on an infield single.

Why are the grounds crew now out "fixing the mound" between innings? I've never seen that before. Surprised the umps haven't said anything.

I really hope A-Rod never does get the home run record for all time, and tarnish it further.

DAMN it feels good to be a Phils fan!

We've been a .600 team the second half of the season for the past couple years, so to have a 6 game lead at this point feels quite comfortable. We're looking at a possible 100 win season if everyone can stay healthy. Ibanez is back like he never even left.

What's crazy is that he's still among the league leaders in several categories, and he missed 20 games. Incredible.

Must be the juice :D

The 2-1 win combined with a Red Sox 6-2 loss brings NY to 2 games out again.

CC was not overwhelming but managed to make big pitches in spots.

What was up with verlander laughing at giving up the tie breaking HR?

NY again wins 2-1 behind Arod and Tex solo Hrs, and for a change, great Joba pitching.

Sox fall to Hallady 3-1, back to one game out.

There appears to be a page 40 to this thread, but every time a click on 40 it takes me back to the top of 39. Weird.

NY again wins 2-1 behind Arod and Tex solo Hrs, and for a change, great Joba pitching.

Sox fall to Hallady 3-1, back to one game out.

Ah, page 40. Now I can respond to Xeno's post regarding game 3 of the Tigs / Yanks series.

Fuck it.

cubs sweep the worst team in the majors.

Here are some Cubs fans waiting for a World Series series victory:

$Cubs Fans.jpg

NY wins its third straight 2-1 game, as Matsui homers in the bottom of the 9th.

NY's pitching has been unreal lately.

Smotlz can't go more than 5 innings.

3rd time through a line up and he's meat.

I'm thinking Clay Buchholz will be seeing a lot of big league innings the rest of the season.

Forum List

Back