The Absurdity of the Trump Ukraine 'Scandal' Spelled Out for the Wokesters

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
This is just so absurd it is stilling enough to give me some chuckles.

Nolte: Fake Media 'Whistleblower' Scandal Keeps Getting Dumber

Think about this…

1) After President Obama made Vice President Joe Biden the White House’s point person on Ukraine, Joe Biden’s son, who has absolutely no background — meaning no skill or expertise — in the energy sector, was paid something like a million dollars from a Ukrainian energy company for his, uhm, expertise.

2) When the Ukraine government began to look into this obvious corruption, Biden threatened to withhold critical U.S. aid unless the government agreed to fire the prosecutor investigating his son, and we know this happened because Biden has been stupid enough to brag about it.

3) Trump asks Ukraine to look into all of this.

Here’s today’s big question… Out of those three, which one is a scandal? Bob, I’m going to go with door number one and door number two.

So that’s how the world turns if the scandal is accurate, and we already know it’s not.

Surprise, surprise, y’all — it’s Fake News!

Gee, who saw that coming — I mean, other than everyone.

To begin with, this so-called whistleblower didn’t even hear the phone call he or she is blowing the whistle on. In other words, it’s all hearsay and rumor.​

Peter Schweizer on Whistleblower: Media Trying to Turn a Biden Scandal into a Trump Scandal | Breitbart

“The Bidens are not disputing that he got paid all this money,” noted Schweizer. “They’re not disputing that Hunter Biden had no background in this area. They just simply want the issue to go away, and what apparently President Trump did was have a conversation with the now-Ukrainian president, saying, ‘You need to investigate this. I think you need to investigate this,’ and that’s something we’ve been calling for for a long time.”

“Again the question is, what was [Hunter Biden] being paid for?” asked Schweizer. “These entities were not giving the money away. They were paying Hunter Biden for something. He’s not selling his expertise, so what exactly was he selling? And that’s what needs to be investigated.”

An OP should be 3-4 paragraphs, link, and content.
  • Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.
USMB Rules and Guidelines

Edited JimBowie1958

Last edited by a moderator:

Think about this…

1) After President Obama made Vice President Joe Biden the White House’s point person on Ukraine, Joe Biden’s son, who has absolutely no background — meaning no skill or expertise — in the energy sector, was paid something like a million dollars from a Ukrainian energy company for his, uhm, expertise.

2) When the Ukraine government began to look into this obvious corruption, Biden threatened to withhold critical U.S. aid unless the government agreed to fire the prosecutor investigating his son, and we know this happened because Biden has been stupid enough to brag about it.

Here’s today’s big question… Out of those three, which one is a scandal? Bob, I’m going to go with door number one and door number two.

So that’s how the world turns if the scandal is accurate, and we already know it’s not.

To begin with, this so-called whistleblower didn’t even hear the phone call he or she is blowing the whistle on. In other words, it’s all hearsay and rumor.​

Peter Schweizer on Whistleblower: Media Trying to Turn a Biden Scandal into a Trump Scandal | Breitbart

“The Bidens are not disputing that he got paid all this money,” noted Schweizer. “They’re not disputing that Hunter Biden had no background in this area. They just simply want the issue to go away, and what apparently President Trump did was have a conversation with the now-Ukrainian president, saying, ‘You need to investigate this. I think you need to investigate this,’ and that’s something we’ve been calling for for a long time.”

Schweizer repeated earlier calls for an investigation of Hunter Biden’s overseas business dealings in countries with which his father executed U.S. foreign policy as vice president.

“I think Ukraine needs to investigate it, but also the U.S. Department of Justice, because let’s remember, Ukraine is a terribly corrupt country — it’s been plagued with that for a long time — and this is something that’s too serious, we can’t just leave it to Ukrainian prosecutors to look into,” Schweizer stated....

News media outlets such as the Washington Post are framing the aforementioned “whistleblower” event as a “Trump scandal” while the “underlying issue” is Joe Biden’s possible monetization of political influence during his vice presidential tenure, assessed Schweizer.

“I think the larger issue here, I’m kind of astonished, the Washington Post is kind of covering the issue of this whistleblower, which of course they should, and we’ll have to see exactly when the dust settles, what exactly was said and what exactly happened, but there’s no reporting of the underlying issue,” remarked Schweizer. “There’s no reporting of the fact that the vice president’s son was going around the world — to Ukraine, to China, there are financial transactions involving Kazakh oligarchs, there’s money going from Swiss bank accounts to the vice president’s son — and ask me, [or] ask a lot of people — do we really want to have a country where it becomes acceptable and commonplace for this kind of behavior to take place? And I think the answer is, ‘No.'”

Schweizer maintained, “It needs to be investigated. They need to be held to account, and by the way, I think that if you change the name from Hunter Biden to Don Jr. or Eric Trump, I think you would have an entirely different tone by the media and by the Congress, and that’s a shame, [because] it should be consistent with whoever’s doing it. They’re trying to turn what was a Biden scandal into a Trump scandal, and I think what we need to do is focus on the larger issue here that the Biden family was getting millions of dollars from these overseas connected people going to Joe Biden’s son to allegedly do work that he had no qualifications to do.”

“Again the question is, what was [Hunter Biden] being paid for?” asked Schweizer. “These entities were not giving the money away. They were paying Hunter Biden for something. He’s not selling his expertise, so what exactly was he selling? And that’s what needs to be investigated.”​
It will be interesting to see if any of the loony libs on this site can respond to this in an intelligent manner. My guess would be NO.

Think about this…

Schweizer repeated earlier calls for an investigation of Hunter Biden’s overseas business dealings in countries with which his father executed U.S. foreign policy as vice president.

“I think Ukraine needs to investigate it, but also the U.S. Department of Justice, because let’s remember, Ukraine is a terribly corrupt country — it’s been plagued with that for a long time — and this is something that’s too serious, we can’t just leave it to Ukrainian prosecutors to look into,” Schweizer stated....

News media outlets such as the Washington Post are framing the aforementioned “whistleblower” event as a “Trump scandal” while the “underlying issue” is Joe Biden’s possible monetization of political influence during his vice presidential tenure, assessed Schweizer.

“I think the larger issue here, I’m kind of astonished, the Washington Post is kind of covering the issue of this whistleblower, which of course they should, and we’ll have to see exactly when the dust settles, what exactly was said and what exactly happened, but there’s no reporting of the underlying issue,” remarked Schweizer. “There’s no reporting of the fact that the vice president’s son was going around the world — to Ukraine, to China, there are financial transactions involving Kazakh oligarchs, there’s money going from Swiss bank accounts to the vice president’s son — and ask me, [or] ask a lot of people — do we really want to have a country where it becomes acceptable and commonplace for this kind of behavior to take place? And I think the answer is, ‘No.'”

Schweizer maintained, “It needs to be investigated. They need to be held to account, and by the way, I think that if you change the name from Hunter Biden to Don Jr. or Eric Trump, I think you would have an entirely different tone by the media and by the Congress, and that’s a shame, [because] it should be consistent with whoever’s doing it. They’re trying to turn what was a Biden scandal into a Trump scandal, and I think what we need to do is focus on the larger issue here that the Biden family was getting millions of dollars from these overseas connected people going to Joe Biden’s son to allegedly do work that he had no qualifications to do.”

“Again the question is, what was [Hunter Biden] being paid for?” asked Schweizer. “These entities were not giving the money away. They were paying Hunter Biden for something. He’s not selling his expertise, so what exactly was he selling? And that’s what needs to be investigated.”​
If any of this is true, big if, it's not the place of the president to go and pressure them to do something about it when Biden is gearing up to run against him. It's something for the justice department to have investigated independently at a relevant time, like when it was discovered. How do you not understand this? Quit the huffing and puffing and accept that trump has gone way heavy handed here. If it was Hillary, it would not be a problem now because shes not running. Do you understand? Who else is trump reaching out to? This is Putin type behavior.

We've seen trump use the heavy hand of the government for personal gain many times now. It's weird that conservatives are loving it. I thought they were fans of the light touch and handsoff behaviors.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I’m enjoying watching democrats drool over this just to lose again lol

If any of this is true, big if, it's not the place of the president to go and pressure them to do something about it when Biden is gearing up to run against him.
Lol, yeah, sure.

This is just all about principles, and not ginning up support for impeachment right? Nothing to do with that.

Trump should just go out and get his share like every other political whore inside the Beltway, right?

roflmao

We the People of the USA are sick to death of political scum like Biden and his clan.

Period. End of story.

Fry his ass.

If any of this is true, big if, it's not the place of the president to go and pressure them to do something about it when Biden is gearing up to run against him.
Lol, yeah, sure.

This is just all about principles, and not ginning up support for impeachment right? Nothing to do with that.

Trump should just go out and get his share like every other political whore inside the Beltway, right?

roflmao

We the People of the USA are sick to death of political scum like Biden and his clan.

Period. End of story.

Fry his ass.
If you are sick of scum you shouldnt have picked king swamp monster and his kids to run the government yah dingus. Come back when you've calmed down.

If you are sick of scum you shouldnt have picked king swamp monster and his kids to run the government yah dingus. Come back when you've calmed down.
The point is regarding career politicians that enrich themselves selling influence which by definition leaves Trump out, doofus.

Think about this…

If any of this is true, big if, it's not the place of the president to go and pressure them to do something about it when Biden is gearing up to run against him. It's something for the justice department to have investigated independently at a relevant time, like when it was discovered. How do you not understand this? Quit the huffing and puffing and accept that trump has gone way heavy handed here. If it was Hillary, it would not be a problem now because shes not running. Do you understand? Who else is trump reaching out to? This is Putin type behavior.

We've seen trump use the heavy hand of the government for personal gain many times now. It's weird that conservatives are loving it. I thought they were fans of the light touch and handsoff behaviors.

That's just the point isn't it? You have NO idea that Trump pressured anyone. However, we DO know that Biden did, because the dumbass bragged about it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Think about this…

One vote for: Impeach Trump for what Biden did

Between the consistent, never-ending tsunami shit storm of truly dumb things that Trump has done, said and tweeted, and the standard-issue, crazed, transparent, dramatic, partisan hypersensitivity of the Democrats, I wonder if anyone outside of political junkies really gives a shit about any of this any more.

I'm not saying that ambivalence is a good thing. We absolutely need a more engaged populace. But at some point this stuff just becomes noise. It's like a hurricane that's tearing the fucking roof off your house and pretty much all you can do is hang on for the ride and hope that things will somehow improve soon.

Obviously the biggest danger here is that the noise might very well drown out anything that SHOULD outrage us, that we NEED to act on. But those who are constantly flinging the shit don't seem to worry about that.

Last edited:

Think about this…

We've seen trump use the heavy hand of the government for personal gain many times now.

Instead of making vague accusations, give us some concrete evidence to support it.

If you can. :bsflag:

Think about this…

tell us one time trump has used his heavy hand for personal gains???

What is 'fake' about it?
1) The person in question does not fit the legal definition of a 'whistleblower' under intel guidelines and so does not have the same protections as a legal whistleblower would.
2) The person in question did not witness the conversation, but is only repeating it, presumably, which makes it hearsay, not "ear witness" testimony, lol.
3) It is likely ginned up by Trump to indirectly bring attention to Biden family corruption. Trump is known for doing such things and this scandal is likely to destroy the campaign of joe Biden from the unwanted attention to his profiteering.

Think about this…

“Again the question is, what was [Hunter Biden] being paid for?” asked Schweizer. “These entities were not giving the money away. They were paying Hunter Biden for something. He’s not selling his expertise, so what exactly was he selling? And that’s what needs to be investigated.”

An OP should be 3-4 paragraphs, link, and content.
  • Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.
USMB Rules and Guidelines

Edited JimBowie1958
It’s not absurd when they admit it. And Trump already admitted it.

Obviously the biggest danger here is that the noise might very well drown out anything that SHOULD outrage us, that we NEED to act on. But those who are constantly flinging the shit don't seem to worry about that.
Oh, it is too late now.

Trump is the new Teflon President.

What is 'fake' about it?
1) The person in question does not fit the legal definition of a 'whistleblower' under intel guidelines and so does not have the same protections as a legal whistleblower would.
2) The person in question did not witness the conversation, but is only repeating it, presumably, which makes it hearsay, not "ear witness" testimony, lol.
3) It is likely ginned up by Trump to indirectly bring attention to Biden family corruption. Trump is known for doing such things and this scandal is likely to destroy the campaign of joe Biden from the unwanted attention to his profiteering.

1) How about a link for that claim?

2) We don't know that the whistleblower complaint is limited to one telephone conversation or how he obtained his information. For all we know, he picked it up at the Ukranian Embassy. The ICIG found it credible, and it scared the administration enough for it to disobey the law in turning it over to Congress.

3) You should pass out tinfoil with this one. It requires me to believe the whistleblower is a Trump plant. You sure you want to go there?

It is simply the never ending fly swarm that Democrats promised in retaliation for Hillary losing. In actuality they knew Mueller and Muller 2.0 would not result in Trump being removed but would hinder and disparage his efforts at being President. They are sore losers who having insufficient talent to win have let their emotions run amok.

It will be interesting to see if any of the loony libs on this site can respond to this in an intelligent manner. My guess would be NO.
It's a "don't throw me in that briar patch" rope-a-dope. The Trump-haters think they found dirt on Trump, when it turns out to be a giant disinformation can of worms for Biden.

What is 'fake' about it?
1) How about a link for that claim?

Um, it is in the OP.

2) We don't know that the whistleblower complaint is limited to one telephone conversation or how he obtained his information. For all we know, he picked it up at the Ukranian Embassy. The ICIG found it credible, and it scared the administration enough for it to disobey the law in turning it over to Congress.

The point is it is hearsay and not admissible as evidence. If some intel dude was eavesdropping on the President that would be a bigger story than whatebver the President may have said to the Ukrainian President.

3) You should pass out tinfoil with this one. It requires me to believe the whistleblower is a Trump plant. You sure you want to go there?

My own theory is that Trump told the story to some intel guys who then repeated it. In part he is probably trying to cross index leakers, but also he could be going for a twofer distracting the media from a story that Trump really does not want covered and at the same time bring media attention to the Biden family's history of self enrichment.

And Trump has done things like this before.

When he started dating Martha Maples, he called some socialite reporters and pretended to be Trumps publicist and bragged indirectly about how Trump was so good at keeping Martha satisfied. just to get some chatter going about him being a stud.
Donald Trump Denies Posing as Publicist in 1991 Phone Call

Former People Reporter on 1991 'John Miller' Phone Call: It's 'Absolutely' Trump

Don’t be surprised if Trump himself leaked the story about prostitutes defiling a bed Obama once slept in

As someone who has covered Trump on and off for 25 years, I can heartily testify that he's a jerk. When he wanted to look good, he leaked favorable information about himself to the press — sometimes calling as himself and other times disguising his voice as a publicist named John Miller.

When he hooked up with Marla Maples, it wasn't enough for the public to know he was squiring the Georgia Peach around town. He leaked Maples' sexual satisfaction to the New York Post, which ran it under the headline, "Best sex I ever had."

Here's the problem: Trump was the source of the quote, not Maples. This is a guy who was such a monumental cad that he would not only kiss and tell — but then call the newspaper to exaggerate his skills on behalf of his girlfriend.

And apparently I am not the only doofus who thinks Trump may be the ultimate source behind this whistleblower leak.

‘It’s Not Fake News’: Legal Experts Erupt as Trump Dismisses Whistleblower Complaint : politics

This is a list of pseudonyms Trump has used in the past.
Pseudonyms of Donald Trump - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back