The AR-15, a great tool to stop a violent mob from burning and looting your home or business...or murdering you and your family. Democrats hate this.

Oh yes, those weapons mostly supplied by Americans... Thanks Yanks, we owe you one.

Erm, they do already, don't you read M14 shooter's posts, how rude of you. So then, how many innocent people have BLM killed?

And your gun control laws? Didn't stop them from getting or using those weapons......on a tiny island with extreme gun control.....

Now are you going to tell us that fully automatic military rifles are allowed in Ireland.....to criminal terrorists?

Good point and answer to those who think AR-15s — or other semi-automatic weapons with 30-bullet clips and body armor — somehow are really appropriate for home defense.

I feel the OP writer made it clear that he, like many right wingers, does not mainly think about the AR-15 as a weapon for home defense, but as a good weapon to wage some kind of necessary civil war against imagined political enemies — to “keep the democrats from burning, looting and killing when they try to gain power.”

Everyone knows it is the right that is most heavily armed in this country, that looters are usually mostly unorganized criminals or vandals out to “shop for free.” Of course everyone has the right to defend life and property and their own homes when necessary. But some gun nuts now seek to become … vigilantes and political activists.

The result of such fantasies accompanied by widespread arming with assault-like weapons not only is that these weapons are ever more frequently used by nutters to kill children in schools, but they are also used by outright racists against minorities, e.g. in Churches and shopping centers. Both have special and horrifying emotional resonance. The conscious effort of some of these lunatics is to be “vanguard warriors,” to start a civil war, or a “Helter Skelter” race war. THAT is especially dangerous and disastrous to our multi-ethnic society & Republic.

Those on the right who call AR-15s a weapon “to fight Democrats” are treading on dangerous ground. It is unfortunate but guns — the AR-15 serving as a symbol — are becoming subliminal tools for intimidation and terror in our life and politics.

That doesn’t mean semi-auto weapons or the AR-15 should or can be “banned.” I can understand those who call for this after terror attacks like the recent ones in Buffalo and Uvalde, but I don’t think people or politicians who speak this way are being realistic — not in today’s U.S.A. anyway.

But there are a host of regulations, from strict registration to banning large clips, to insisting on waiting periods, to serious background checks (etc.), that are eminently reasonable and supportable under a strict originalist interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. Many would even be supported by police and responsible Republicans and private gun owners.

What is NOT appropriate is irresponsible talk about needing assault weapons to defeat political (or racial) opponents.

Moron.......the AR-15 can be an excellent home defense weapon.....it is customizable so that non matter how many different body sizes are in the house, they can all adjust the rifle to shoot it accurately and comfortably....you can't do that with a wood stock....the AR-15 is easy to shoot, so that even women and smaller people can shoot it well.....it can be equipped with multiple add ons, Laser sights, flashlights....something you can't do with wood stock weapons....

You don't know what you are talking about.....

The ones out for 7 months, burning, looting and killing Americans were the brown shirts of the democrat party....blm and antifa brown shirts......burning, looting and killing in black neighborhoods to hurt President Trump right before the election....

That is the truth, the fact and the reality....the democrats are becoming more and more willing to openly do anything to gain power and control...

These pissant misfits are playing fantasy games.. pretend masculinity. A shotgun works for home security even loaded with bird shot.

Not as well as an AR-15 you doofus.....the AR-15 has features that make it superior for home defense....

No....I wasn't doing anything wrong.
I was well trained on my weapons.
Fire a few blanks thru them and they become practically worthless.
You have to clean them immediately after a blankfire mission.
No shit Sherlock. That's a characteristic of a direct gas impingement system weapon. Firing blanks has nothing to do with normal operation.

OK.... why do you think the court will rule "strict registration" and "banning large clips" and "waiting periods" and "serious background checks" do not infringe on the right to keep and bear arms?

These are not in common use for the traditionally legal uses of a firearm - and thus, are not "bearable arms".
Apples/oranges.

The states and the federal government have the power to regulate the militia how they want.
Except, of course, for regulations that violate the 2nd Amendment.

"All bearable arms". What you -call- them doesn't matter.
Hey, I’m not a lawyer or Constitutional scholar. Neither are you, I suspect. We’re not on the Supreme Court either. I wasn’t even referring to today’s Supreme Court. The 2nd Amendment has been “incorporated” to apply to states and there can be state legislation, of course, but I’m not here advocating any specific state or federal laws — that’s for state legislators and politicians.

I am just — as a long-time rifle and pistol owner with a carry license — giving my view (a responsible view I think) on a variety of gun-related matters that most people seem to see in extreme terms, or as offering “no middle ground.”

Yeah....you really are a dumb ass......

The las vegas shooter, firing from a concealed, fortified, elevate position, into a tightly packed concert area....not like this, but packed in the center of the floor.........with total surprise....

Killed 60 people out of 22,000

So no, not hundreds dead, not even in that situation......you dumb ass.....

The muslim terrorist in Nice, France, with a rental truck, no police scrutiny, no background check, in 5 minutes of driving.....murdered 86 people and injured 450 others....

You idiots don't understand the issues......you are filled with fear, ignorance and stupidity....
How many people did Timothy McVeigh wax with that truckbomb?

How many people did Timothy McVeigh wax with that truckbomb?
Nearly all arenas, events & government buildings have huge concrete barricades preventing truck terrorist from driving over crowds & bombing buildings. You cant get anything on a jet plane anymore.

Nearly all arenas, events & government buildings have huge concrete barricades preventing truck terrorist from driving over crowds & bombing buildings.

City streets don't, you dope.....

1654721134065.png

Every event in city streets like that I've been to since 9/11 have barricades preventing terrorist from driving over people.
planters.jpg

dsc600-frb-pittsburgh-001.jpg

149371-13555247.jpg

P3630-Planter-Times-Square-LR.jpg
dsc720.jpg

Last edited:
Nearly all arenas, events & government buildings have huge concrete barricades preventing truck terrorist from driving over crowds & bombing buildings. You cant get anything on a jet plane anymore.
With the kind of explosives they have these days...you'd have to keep everything at least a football field length away...and it will still shatter windows from over a mile away.

The same way “bearing” stinger anti-aircraft missiles and bazookas and suitcase-sized nuclear arms were outlawed — none of which were available in the 18th century.
Correct.

And even if they were, that still doesn’t preclude them from regulation and restriction.

The Second Amendment right is not ‘absolute’ – it’s not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose, including stinger anti-aircraft missiles, bazookas, and suitcase-sized nuclear arms.

Hey, I’m not a lawyer or Constitutional scholar. Neither are you, I suspect. We’re not on the Supreme Court either. I wasn’t even referring to today’s Supreme Court. The 2nd Amendment has been “incorporated” to apply to states and there can be state legislation, of course, but I’m not here advocating any specific state or federal laws — that’s for state legislators and politicians.

I am just — as a long-time rifle and pistol owner with a carry license — giving my view (a responsible view I think) on a variety of gun-related matters that most people seem to see in extreme terms, or as offering “no middle ground.”
Exactly.

And that’s the problem – extremists who refuse to address the topic of gun crime and violence at all, particularly with regard to possible solutions that don’t have anything to do with the regulation of firearms.

2A/RTKBA is NOT about ( Hunting ) ( Collecting) ( Trap & Skeet) ( 3 Gun Competitions ) ( The Olympics) ( And for most part even Self Defense)

These pissant misfits are playing fantasy games.. pretend masculinity. A shotgun works for home security even loaded with bird shot.
The OP is clearly operating under the idiotic fantasy that he’s going to fill his front yard with dozens of corpses of this imaginary ‘mob.’

He’s at liberty to own an AR 15 if he wants to, however a poor home self-defense weapon it is; but the notion that anyone ‘needs’ to own an AR 15 is a lie, just as Democrats opposing citizens defending themselves with firearms is a lie.

Forum List

Back