The Argument Against DACA

During the Great War, or as it became known later, the First World War, the German Government expected the German American citizens to rise up and attack from within the United States. They believed that the German half of the self identification would win out. That no such thing happened is of course historical fact.

The next war, the Government believed that the Japanese Americans were a huge threat. They were not given the chance, to demonstrate their loyalty as the German Americans were, instead they were locked up in "internment camps" or if you prefer field prisons. They were investigated to the nth degree and found to be loyal to the US. No sabotage was ever conducted by these people.

In fact, the German Americans of the First World War fought heroically against the mother nation. Despite belonging as children, and adults, to various German American organizations, reading the propaganda sheets in the mother tongue, and feeling a certain sympathy for Germany during the war.

In the Second World War, the Japanese Americans were well known as the heroic members of among other units, the 442nd. We still didn't trust them enough to actually let them fight Japan, but against Germany in Europe, they performed above and beyond any reasonable standard of duty.

When I was in the Military, we had people from Puerto Rico, and several other Central and South American countries. We had Jamaicans, and we had folks from all over. They all fought, and they all risked death to serve this nation.

The funny thing is that you and the rest don't seem to mind other "ethic" celebrations. Everyone wears green on Saint Patrick's day. Everyone embraces the Irish culture in so far as they drink beer and cheer and celebrate. But God Forbid if they celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Why that is absolutely unamerican.

Calm down. Enjoy your Freedom Fries. Tell yourself that it makes you a hell of a patriot to drink bourbon and ignore foreign whiskey. Enjoy a Bud. But calm the hell down.
I know of no group that protests flying flags of other nations.

When I bought this house, there was a flag pole in the yard. There is no flag flying on it, and has not been since I moved in. I won't fly the American Flag. I won't fly it so long as the Department of Homeland Insecurity ignores the Bill of Rights. I talk people out of joining the military now, because I tell them what they would be fighting for. A Government that steals people's property, and tramples the rights of the citizens.

I have a neighbor who flys a flag, and I don't care. There is another neighbor who flys the flag of the African Continent. I don't care about that either. One flys the Gadsden Flag with the Confederate Flag. I could care less.

If someone wants to fly the Mexican Flag, I could care less. If they take down someone else's flag to put theirs up, on property they do not own or rent, then I have an issue. That would be vandalism at the least, criminal trespass, or whatever the local ordinances call it. Otherwise, I could care less.

If its your flagpole, fly what the hell you want. If it is someone else's flagpole, leave it the hell alone.
Mexicans fly the Mexican rag on US federal property.

Hoisting the Mexican flag at a US post office

They do it as an act of claiming the land for Mexico.
Yep. They want America to become part of cesspool Mexico.

Being in SoCal I've been seeing a lot of this more and more for the past decade. Many consider themselves Mexican and want to turn the US into the shithole they or their parents escaped.

Hook them up to a polygraph and find out where their loyalties are before granting a path to citizenship.

Hey, how about those Irish during a St. Paddy's Parade? They want to turn America into Ireland, obviously!

maxresdefault.jpg

Or those Italians during Columbus Day!

349062_1280x720.jpg

or those fuckin' Germans during Oktoberfest!

oktoberfest800.jpg

Seriously, no grown man should wear Lederhosen!!!
None of those people shit on America or demanded more than others get when they came. They worked hard, over came and joined the country.

None of those people shit on America or demanded more than others get when they came. They worked hard, over came and joined the country.

You're kidding, right?

Hey, here's the thing. Do you know what Prohibition was all about? IT was all about those Damned German-Americans in WWI who were hanging out in their taverns hating on America. (Then the dumb WASP's realized they weren't going to get their booze, either.)

The thing is, all the stupid mean-spirited things you guys say about Mexicans...

Were said about the Irish and the Poles and the Germans and the Italians at one point, too!

All the hating that we are currently doing on Muslims.... It used to be the Catholics.

You need to get over yourself.

You're kidding, right?

Hey, here's the thing. Do you know what Prohibition was all about? IT was all about those Damned German-Americans in WWI who were hanging out in their taverns hating on America. (Then the dumb WASP's realized they weren't going to get their booze, either.)

The thing is, all the stupid mean-spirited things you guys say about Mexicans...

Were said about the Irish and the Poles and the Germans and the Italians at one point, too!

All the hating that we are currently doing on Muslims.... It used to be the Catholics.

You need to get over yourself.
I stopped reading there.

I can only take so much bullshit at a time.

try not supporting your lies with more lies, I know you want to be the post count winner, but damn...

I stopped reading there.

I can only take so much bullshit at a time.

try not supporting your lies with more lies, I know you want to be the post count winner, but damn...

I'm sorry you've never picked up a history book. Here's an article for you.

Prohibition: Roots of Prohibition | PBS

With the ratification of the income tax amendment in 1913, and the federal government no longer dependent on liquor taxes to fund its operations, the ASL moved into high gear. As anti-German fervor rose to a near frenzy with the American entry into the First World War, ASL propaganda effectively connected beer and brewers with Germans and treason in the public mind. Most politicians dared not defy the ASL and in 1917 the 18th amendment sailed through both houses of Congress; it was ratified by the states in just 13 months.

Forum List

Back