The belief that demons have sex with humans runs deep in Christian and Jewish traditions

Houston physician and pastor Stella Immanuel – described as “spectacular” by Donald Trump for her promotion of unsubstantiated claims about anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine as a “cure” for COVID-19 – has some other, very unconventional views.

As well as believing that scientists are working on a vaccine to make people less religious and that the U.S. government is run by reptilian creatures, Immanuel, the leader of a Christian ministry called Fire Power Ministries, also believes sex with demons causes miscarriages, impotence, cysts and endometriosis, among other maladies.

It has opened her up to much ridicule. But, as a scholar of early Christianity, I am aware that the belief that demons – or fallen angels – regularly have sex with humans runs deep in the Jewish and Christian traditions.

It's an interesting article. Does anyone here believe that demons have sex with humans?
Another lib Why-I-Hate-Christians Thread?

I think believing that demons have sex with human women is pretty extreme

Not many Christians would agree with that

but at the other extreme are godless liberals who want to kill children who survive the abortion doctors attempt to kill it in the womb

No. I don't hate Christians. I don't have time.

Evangelicals all the time are killing their children, because why, Jesus said they be better off dead, and these are god fearing women.
Great

I speak for the vast majority of Christians who abhor women killing their children in the name of Jesus

those women are clearly insane

do you disagree with elected democrats who want to kill abortion survivors?

and can we label obama and the governor of virginia as insane also since they are supporters of that evil practice?

Yes I am pro choice. Whoever is pro life want to take away health choices for individuals.

No some Christians kill their born children, anyone who thinks otherwise is someone who can't believe a Christian would do such a thing (like me), They are Christian zealots.

Houston physician and pastor Stella Immanuel – described as “spectacular” by Donald Trump for her promotion of unsubstantiated claims about anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine as a “cure” for COVID-19 – has some other, very unconventional views.

As well as believing that scientists are working on a vaccine to make people less religious and that the U.S. government is run by reptilian creatures, Immanuel, the leader of a Christian ministry called Fire Power Ministries, also believes sex with demons causes miscarriages, impotence, cysts and endometriosis, among other maladies.

It has opened her up to much ridicule. But, as a scholar of early Christianity, I am aware that the belief that demons – or fallen angels – regularly have sex with humans runs deep in the Jewish and Christian traditions.

It's an interesting article. Does anyone here believe that demons have sex with humans?
Another lib Why-I-Hate-Christians Thread?

I think believing that demons have sex with human women is pretty extreme

Not many Christians would agree with that

but at the other extreme are godless liberals who want to kill children who survive the abortion doctors attempt to kill it in the womb
Disir has never shown hatred towards Christians. I have seen her question about some off the wall preachers.

Per demons & sex;
People are not demons but people can carry all sort of demons with them and their demons can seduce them and others around them. Simply do not open the door for these unclean spirits.

Be suspicious when someone uses the "and in Jewish traditions",
in description of some ridiculous superstition beliefs common in other cultures.

Especially if oversimplified to sound like a 4th grade camp fire scare.

The only thing that this indicates is that there were other people that believed other things prior to and outside of the official camps. You know that is true.

Your concern is noted.

Maybe the ones who believe in Santa Claus also believe the demon/sex narrative.

In Yiddish, a demon is called a dybbuk.

It's got sub titles.

I want to see the whole movie. Ok, the best that I could really find on it right off the bat was the Wikipedia article. That's really interesting.

Last edited:

How about the concept of fallen angels? Or is this a drive by?

How about the concept of fallen angels? Or is this a drive by?
You can imagine ANYTHING that would make you happy, especially if reality does not (make you happy).
If one is paranoid, imagining demons fits the bill too.

Evangelicals all the time are killing their children, because why, Jesus said they be better off dead, and these are god fearing women.
Great

I speak for the vast majority of Christians who abhor women killing their children in the name of Jesus

and can we label obama and the governor of virginia as insane also since they are supporters of that evil practice?

Yes I am pro choice. Whoever is pro life want to take away health choices for individuals.

No some Christians kill their born children, anyone who thinks otherwise is someone who can't believe a Christian would do such a thing (like me), They are Christian zealots.
I guess you approve of fourth trimester abortions

if so that a form of godless zealotry

I always assumed it was metaphorical - that "having sex with demons" meant accepting sin into your life as an intimate friend, or somesuch. I mean, let's face it. Most religion is pretty whackadoodle when it comes down to it.

Disir has never shown hatred towards Christians. I have seen her question about some off the wall preachers.
It is much easier for me to say that superstitions imported from africa are extreme than for penelope to confront and condemn 4th trimester abortions

So that guy that popped one off in your gullet last night was a demon? Praise be to Allah.

a14d187ade5ee75b44b9fff467975738--hot-blonde-girls-sexy-women.jpg

I think there is still demonic possession, but sex with demons... Um... I'll have to get back to you on that.
If they looked like her I'm damned.

So that guy that popped one off in your gullet last night was a demon? Praise be to Allah.

And welcome to ignore.

As history shows, pagan superstitions never went away just because a region's rulers adopted Judaism or Christianity; the OT and Jewish history points out Jewish tribes constantly 'backslid' into paganism throughout their history, same with countries whose rulers adopted Christianity for political reasons but its peasants and even nobility still kept their pagan folklore and beliefs, which is why there were a few thousand witchburnings during local hysterias and the like over centuries, even when the Catholic Church's own scholars dismissed magic and witchcraft as peasant rubbish and didn't exist. Not all priests were well educated scholars, either, so that stuff has little to do with 'Judaism' or 'Christianity', except in pseudo-intellectual propaganda agendas.

Pagan materialism is alive and well today and promoted in left wing political cults posing as 'secular' or 'rational constructivism'. And, not coincidentally at all, they still advocate human sacrifices as 'solutions' to social problems; see Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Hitler, and 'abortions on demand' baby killing cultists for the death tolls they've racked up in modern times in their worship services

Last edited:

In the case of the African doctor who I GUESS is now in Houston, those quotes were taken out of her work IN AFRICA.. Where if you tell a lady that her husband's sperm is DEFECTIVE and caused a tumor -- she might not even understand what a tumor is... And she'd HATE her husband for "infecting her"..,.

So how does a competent doctor DEAL with uneducated maybe barely conversant because of regional language? You invent things they will understand that don't require you telling about their husband's defective sperm.. Like demon sperm. Don't know WHY intelligent people can't deal with this.. Maybe they should go volunteer in Africa...

As for religious views -- NO MODERN Judaic Christian congregation outside of the radical crazies have to DEAL with biblical or historical concepts that were invented BEFORE MEDICINE and most of science.. Not really gonna find a smoking gun here.. Except for maybe fncceo 's ex-wife...

She has lived in the States since 1992. There are a whole lot of people that believe in witchcraft and demonology in Africa. It's a problem. That's how some people wind up dead. The village decides you are possessed, a demon, whatever and kills you. It makes sense that she would explain that to people in ways that others understand. It also makes sense that she would be a firm believer in Pentecostal demonology.

She may very well believe that there is a war that is going on between good and evil. That's ok, too. She has a blog that contains an entry for breaking curses. In fact, there are a lot of people in the US that believe that there is a supernatural war that is taking place behind the scenes between good and evil and that you and I are not privy to all of those details. We just have enough information to get by and the name of the game is to stay out of the way. That's ok, too.

I live in the buckle of the Bible belt and there are six of one and half a dozen of the other. People's beliefs run the spectrum.

She is not as interesting as the rest of the article.

There are even more people that believe the references in the Tanakh, the Christian Bible and in the Dead Sea Scrolls are all stories that have lessons in them. It's not to be taken literally.

The book of Enoch, which is referenced and linked to in text is here:
The Wesley Center Online: Book Of Enoch

AND, as the article points out, Enoch is mentioned in Genesis:
gen 5:21-24

When Enoch had lived for sixty-five years, he became the father of Methuselah. Enoch walked with God after the birth of Methuselah for three hundred years, and had other sons and daughters. Thus all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-five years. Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him.

Not mentioned in the article but something I repeatedly have questioned is : 26 Then God said, ‘Let us make humankind in our image, according to our likeness;

Who is us?

So where are you, if at all, on the spectrum?

I can watch and enjoy Perry Stone's excellent series of shows about archeology without worrying about his being a Pentecostal and without developing the slightest interest in being 'converted' to Pentacostal or any other 'Charismatic' type, which is essentially what the woman in the OP is..

As for the 'book' of Enoch, Jewish scholars have good reasons for not including it in their 'canon', much of it's repetitive and already in texts elsewhere, for one, and parts of it where clearly written very late, 300-100 B.C., post-exilic literature. The NT mentions a small part of it as well. Unlike Hebrews, which has very uncertain provenance but is included in the NT because it is unique and addresses certain issues, Enoch is not necessary and only extant in the Ethiopian congregations and is considered 'apocrypha' by everyone else, i.e. has some interest as literature but not 'authoritative'. So yes, it is probably 'scripture' in parts of Africa, and thus from there accepted in parts of American cultures. It would fit in well with rastas and the like.

I was going to bring up Genesis 6 here, but I decided to put it on a new thread.

Here you go, for anyone who is interested:

Great

I guess you approve of fourth trimester abortions

if so that a form of godless zealotry

It always to save a mothers life, who carries a fetus to the 3rd trimester if she doesn't want her infant.

Forum List

Back