The Best State In America?

Grogu

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2023
Whatā€™s your favorite state, if you have one? As a native Maine-Ah (where I currently live), I have also lived in Connecticut, Georgia and Florida. I really donā€™t have a favorite place, as there are were pluses to living in all those other states. I loved the culture, people, food, girls, music and weather down South and think that if I ever move somewhere else? Probably somewhere around Nashville, Tennessee or Austin, Texas (Iā€™m a musician and kick butt music is my passion).

I also want to see Montana and the Midwest, before I leave this planet.

Do you have a favorite state?

Whatā€™s your favorite state, if you have one? As a native Maine-Ah (where I currently live), I have also lived in Connecticut, Georgia and Florida. I really donā€™t have a favorite place, as there are were pluses to living in all those other states. I loved the culture, people, food, girls, music and weather down South and think that if I ever move somewhere else? Probably somewhere around Nashville, Tennessee or Austin, Texas (Iā€™m a musician and kick butt music is my passion).

Idaho. Specifically Idaho county.

Small town South Dakota. Born and raised here. Spent my entire adult life in WA State. Returned to SD when my husband passed, and have never been happier.

I am now a member of a wonderful church in a very small farming town, and many of my fellow parishioners just celebrated significant anniversaries. One couple a block from where I live have been married 70 years. Couples who are married to the same person for life are the rule here, rather than the exception.

Lots of my church friends are second, third and fourth generation farmers. If I needed anything, I know one of my neighbors would be there to help.

Clean, quiet, safe streets. A governor who works fearlessly at routing out the corruption that's been seeping in.

I have visited every state and lived in many of them. There are natural positives to every one! There is only one state that I will refuse to ever set foot in again. NY. Not due to the beauty of the state but because of the moronic politics that are NY and always will be.

OIP.LhPcvBK_1AFslKtYM1PDCgHaGN

I didn't say anything about politics re: CA and FL. They are wonderful states as I've previously stated on this thread. They have excessive population for my liking. I live a rural life.
I live in Ultra Rural Eastern Shasta County ( Southern Cascades ) so I get what your saying and we have that here in spades ( My rule is you wanna be 50 Miles away for each 500 thousand populace from any nearby big city for me itā€™s Sacramento

Texas ... hands down the friendliest and most helpful folks in all the world ... prejudiced rednecks for sure, but otherwise sweet as anything ... Oregon's the worst, God awful bad here, no police, drugs are legal, rains every day all day long ... just a hateful place ...

... only the tourists are safe ...
Which is more than you can say about California. Tourist is just another spelling for target.

Forum List

Back