CDZ The best strategy for the democrats going forward? Start making deals with Trump, stop attacking

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Trump wasn't a conservative, he wasn't a democrat or republican...not really. Ask Rush Limbaugh.....he knows Trump and told us that Trump didn't really care about the parties.......

But what he is is a deal maker....and had the democrats simply worked with him, they could have gotten a lot of what they wanted....

For conservatives....it worked out great that they went on the attack...non stop attack........because they taught Trump what democrats are all about...

But.....

Going forward....what is their best move....? I would advise them to approach him to make deals...on the Wall, on Healthcare.......cause if they continue on the path they are on now.....the "Trump Boomerang" effect is not going to be pretty....

Trump wasn't a conservative, he wasn't a democrat or republican...not really. Ask Rush Limbaugh.....he knows Trump and told us that Trump didn't really care about the parties.......

But what he is is a deal maker....and had the democrats simply worked with him, they could have gotten a lot of what they wanted....

For conservatives....it worked out great that they went on the attack...non stop attack........because they taught Trump what democrats are all about...

But.....

Going forward....what is their best move....? I would advise them to approach him to make deals...on the Wall, on Healthcare.......cause if they continue on the path they are on now.....the "Trump Boomerang" effect is not going to be pretty....
They're too stupid.

But.....

They're too stupid.
maybe even 3 or four stupid

But.....

Indeed. They watched him play hardball with Canada and Mexico and win. They watched him, against all odds, win against China. They watched him tell the UN and WTO to F off and do their job properly. They watched him tell NATO to pay up to the tune of billions. They watched him be cleared in 2+ year Mueller investigation. They watched him get Kavanaugh over the line. They watched him drop MOAB's, hit Syria, take out the #1 terrorist and #1 terrorist supporter in Iran. They watched him win with tariffs and see the economy, market and job numbers soar.

So their response? "I have an idea, let's try and beat this SOB".

If they would have worked with him throughout they would have been able to take credit for so many items, even if all they did was lend a few votes to his decisions.

Now what are they going to say they did for the last 4 years come November?

They let the radicals of Cali and NY dictate their agenda. Here is the good news for them, they will win those two states for sure in November...

They should have done that from the beginning....its too late for that now....

It's just not in the democrats nature. Just like the story of the scorpion and the frog.

They will kill themselves along with Trump and the entire country before they cooperate with him.

But.....

Indeed. They watched him play hardball with Canada and Mexico and win. They watched him, against all odds, win against China. They watched him tell the UN and WTO to F off and do their job properly. They watched him tell NATO to pay up to the tune of billions. They watched him be cleared in 2+ year Mueller investigation. They watched him get Kavanaugh over the line. They watched him drop MOAB's, hit Syria, take out the #1 terrorist and #1 terrorist supporter in Iran. They watched him win with tariffs and see the economy, market and job numbers soar.

If they would have worked with him throughout they would have been able to take credit for so many items, even if all they did was lend a few votes to his decisions.

They let the radicals of Cali and NY dictate their agenda. Here is the good news for them, they will win those two states for sure in November...

Given the rate at which CA and NY are disintegrating I disagree with your analysis

But.....

Given the rate at which CA and NY are disintegrating I disagree with your analysis

You think Trump will win CA or NY?

Now THAT would be a surprise. I bet the betting odds for either state are min. 20-1 lol ( I don't know if online bookies have state to state odds, I can only find national/presidential).

But.....

I believe they will keep on attacking because their base will demand it and not matter of Trump win a second term the seeds of doubt have been planted when Schiff made it clear they believe Trump will steal the 2020 election.

So let be clear the left will not play nice and they will do everything they can to appease their base while not realizing how much that will hurt them in Swing and Red States...

If anyone listen to Michael Smerconish show on POTUS they would realize many blacks that listen to that show are not happy with what the Democrats have been doing but this will not change the Democrats course...

But.....

Good idea. Tip O'Neill made deals with Reagan. Gingrich made deals with Clinton. Why not?

But.....

Trump is no deal maker, or at least not a very good one (how many of his deals went belly up?). Also his deals are in his interest, not those of the country. Look what he did for Israel, he recognized their sovereignty over the Golan Heights and their capital as Jerusalem. Ignoring the morality and legality of those decisions, what did the US get in return? Are we closer or farther from a peace deal?

Trump is tough to deal with since he has no problem lying about facts, reneging on deals, and abruptly changing his position in response to how the wind is blowing.

I believe they will keep on attacking because their base will demand it and not matter of Trump win a second term the seeds of doubt have been planted when Schiff made it clear they believe Trump will steal the 2020 election.

So let be clear the left will not play nice and they will do everything they can to appease their base while not realizing how much that will hurt them in Swing and Red States...

They have probably lost the Presidential election, so the question is how far down ballot the damage will go. If they continue their insane derangement through November, the GOP could end up controlling both houses of Congress.

Voters are getting tired of endless investigations, something the GOP Senate should also consider.

the best thing democrats could do is abandon their fascist identity politics and start building sensible platforms to actually serve the community instead of just trying to get elected.

But.....

Good idea. Tip O'Neill made deals with Reagan. Gingrich made deals with Clinton. Why not?

Why not?

Can Trump be trusted to keep a deal?

I say that because I remember that there was a "deal" regarding funding the wall in return for DACA and at the last minute he reneged.

Plus, given the way he walked out of two established deals - Iran and Paris Accords has to make it questionable that he would keep a deal. He could change his mind at any time.

But.....

Why not?

I say that because I remember that there was a "deal" regarding funding the wall in return for DACA and at the last minute he reneged.

Plus, given the way he walked out of two established deals - Iran and Paris Accords has to make it questionable that he would keep a deal. He could change his mind at any time.
Iran and Paris deals sucked.

But.....

Why not?

Again - how can he be trusted to keep a deal?

But.....

Why not?

Again - how can he be trusted to keep a deal?
Easy. He has made GOOD deals. Obama made deals that sucked.

They sure as hell won't do this before the election.

And after the election, if Trump wins, who knows. He won't have to worry about pleasing the base any more, so things could get interesting.

You can create a dozen "easy wins" that both sides could claim.. Could have ended the limbo for the "Dreamers" 2 years ago for instance.. Trump isn't even close to most Repubs in Congress in terms of "flexible principles" in order to get a deal. That's why I don't completely trust him..

The problem is the Dem candidates have put up a big "Under Construction" sign while they totally rebuild the economy, education, the election system, health systems and our choices of education "Bernie style"... They've given up 80% of the political spectrum to Trump and wont' agree to anything that MOST Dems agree to even 10 years ago...

Maybe it's for the best the 2 parties continue to have a Cold War..
Bi-Partisan deals are HIGHLY over-rated anyways.. It's 1/2 a solution at 4 times the cost... That's why our most important "programs" are almost unmanageable....

Forum List

Back