The Bible does not condone slavery

1. The Bible did not condone slavery.
2. Slavery during this time was indentured servitude. People sold themselves as slaves when they could not pay their debts or provide for their families.
3. Both the OT and NT expressly forbid forced slavery. The penalty for such a crime in the Mosaic Law was death: “Anyone who kidnaps another and either sells him or still has him when he is caught must be put to death” (Exodus 21:16)
4. Indentured servants were treated pretty bad back in those days. Mosaic Law measurably raised the standards of treatment heads and shoulders above their contemporaries of the day.
You're a slave to the god of the bible.
Technically we all are.
And the bible condones it.

not really-----oved means someone who works for someone else----
it does not indicate or even imply chattel slavery. People used to
sign letters ------instead of "sincerely yours" ------"your faithful serviant"
It is simply a kind of etiquette. The issue of historic slavery relates to the
actual legal status of the institution and its associated customary usages

2. Slavery during this time was indentured servitude. People sold themselves as slaves when they could not pay their debts or provide for their families.
3. Both the OT and NT expressly forbid forced slavery. The penalty for such a crime in the Mosaic Law was death: “Anyone who kidnaps another and either sells him or still has him when he is caught must be put to death” (Exodus 21:16)
4. Indentured servants were treated pretty bad back in those days. Mosaic Law measurably raised the standards of treatment heads and shoulders above their contemporaries of the day.
Technically we all are.
Where?

Slaves in biblical (and Roman) times had rights.

They could own property.
They were paid a wage.
Under Jewish law, slaves were freed after seven years of servitude.

Jacob served seven years as a slave to gain the hand of Rachel..and when daddy gave him Leah instead, he served another seven years to gain Rachel.

Then he left.

wrong-----slaves under Roman and under Greek law had virtually no rights----
killing them was not a crime

They could own property.
They were paid a wage.

Jacob served seven years as a slave to gain the hand of Rachel..and when daddy gave him Leah instead, he served another seven years to gain Rachel.

Then he left.
How exactly does this disagree with what I wrote?

slaves under biblical law were not paid a wage-----nor were they under roman
and greek law------Under biblical law they were somehow compensated materially
when they were freed. The situation of freed slaves under Roman law was a little
coimplex------they were sometimes required to continue in some sort of service
to their original owner who became something like PATRON to them and he clients of that "PATRON"

They could own property.
They were paid a wage.

Then he left.
I wasn't disagreeing.

I would love to have a couple of slaves.

I nominate that idiot paperview, just because I suspect he's never had to work a day in his life (which is why he gets SSI and not SSD...a retard check) and I would like to help him develop his skills in that direction. I'm sure he can be taught, though obviously he doesn't WANT to learn. Slavery will fix that shit right up.

And for my female slave, I want ravtard.

They could own property.
They were paid a wage.

Then he left.
I wasn't disagreeing.
My bad. Thanks.

My dogs need slaves too. To feed them, pick up their shit, and clean up after them when they barf in the house.

For that, I elect Old Fag and Faggly Nuttite

Technically we all are.
Where?
Wherever you want it to, isn't that how it works?

" Slaves could become well-off in their own right and employ their own slaves. "
" Some grew rich and influential..."

What was it like to be a slave in Ancient Rome? | Trevor Bloom - Author

Slaves in just about all slave societies COULD DEPENDING ON THEIR OWN TALENTS and the FORCE OF THEIR OWN PERSONALITIES AND ON THE PROCLIVITIES of the people who owned them rise in all kinds of different enterprises. People were not stupid then-----if they had a really talented slave
they wanted to give that person SCOPE.....however---in the roman and greek systems they still have NO LEGAL RIGHTS. What they did was at the discretion of the person who "owned" them. In roman society even after FREED----they were SOCIALLY expected to remain in the service of the person who allowed
them to go FREE. Really rich guys owned whole towns of "freedmen"

Technically we all are.
Where?
Wherever you want it to, isn't that how it works?
Only in Muddaland. Koshergirl is looking for a slave. You interested?

" Slaves could become well-off in their own right and employ their own slaves. "

Slaves in just about all slave societies COULD DEPENDING ON THEIR OWN TALENTS and the FORCE OF THEIR OWN PERSONALITIES AND ON THE PROCLIVITIES of the people who owned them rise in all kinds of different enterprises. People were not stupid then-----if they had a really talented slave
they wanted to give that person SCOPE.....however---in the roman and greek systems they still have NO LEGAL RIGHTS. What they did was at the discretion of the person who "owned" them. In roman society even after FREED----they were SOCIALLY expected to remain in the service of the person who allowed
I will take you as my bathroom attendant slave.

Can you find a place for Mudda?

They could own property.
They were paid a wage.

Then he left.
I wasn't disagreeing.
My bad. Thanks.
Type slower next time for dingbat.

They could own property.
They were paid a wage.

Then he left.
I wasn't disagreeing.
My bad. Thanks.
Type slower next time for dingbat.
Bless your heart. :biggrin:

Can you find a place for Mudda?
I can shoot the video.

Forum List

Back