The Biden Administration wants to quadruple the tariff on Chinese EVs

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2018
My first question is "why?".

There are none for sale here already due to the 25% tariff. Raising it to 100% seems pretty redundant.

My second question is why are we engaging in protectionism for Tesla?

The Chinese EVs would be less than half the cost of the average tesla, and so much more available to the average consumer.

I say let the competition begin. Capitalism, right?

There are none for sale here already due to the 25% tariff. Raising it to 100% seems pretty redundant.

The Chinese EVs would be less than half the cost of the average tesla, and so much more available to the average consumer.

CHina is winning. Flooding the WORLD with EV products as soon as they influenced the West to harm their own economies and go in this direction.

The MSS know exactly what they are doing. This is really one for the ages and if Western civilizations survives to the point of relevance, the next generation of spies should learn from this.

The trouble with Biden's remedy or even Trump's remedy against China is that China is now as powerful as America in such matters and will fight back in kind!

CHina is winning. Flooding the WORLD with EV products as soon as they influenced the West to harm their own economies and go in this direction.

The MSS know exactly what they are doing. This is really one for the ages and if Western civilizations survives to the point of relevance, the next generation of spies should learn from this.
Remember the day that you suggested that China has influenced us to harm ourselves!

China is heavily subsidizing their EV industry as well as underpaying and violating their workers rights. I don’t have a problem with this…it is unfair competition.

Biden put tariffs on China?

Sounds like something Trump would do and democrats would oppose...

Its not "capitalism" when Chinese government cheats in order to crush international competition.

I believe there are far more EV companies then Tesla.

Xiden simply wants a trade war with China to protect his donor class in the UAW hq

Paywall…can you summarize the article?

I believe there are far more EV companies then Tesla.

Xiden simply wants a trade war with China to protect his donor class in the UAW hq
Have you seen any chinese EVs here? Or any chinese cars at all?

China is heavily subsidizing their EV industry as well as underpaying and violating their workers rights. I don’t have a problem with this…it is unfair competition.

Hell..makes sense to me. If the government subsidizes their ev industry it would harm American competition

Lol, no. I posted you a link without a paywall and you made excuses not to read it.

Not my problem at this point.
No, you posted a link to some archive.li that wouldn’t load , when I went to see what the site was, I was getting articles about people getting malware from that site.

Then you posted the link straight to the article on daily beast…which doesn’t require a paywall by the way, so I question why you posted a link to some other website that apparently is a virus site when you could have simply just linked straight to the daily beast. There is no paywall to access that site.

Then, after you posted the link to the daily beast..I commented on it

Lol, no. I posted you a link without a paywall and you made excuses not to read it.

Not my problem at this point.
WSJ requires a subscription to read the whole article, otherwise you just get a paragraph or two.

Maybe we shouldn't foolishly mandate implementation of technologies upon the masses we cannot produce either the raw materials and finished products for domestically at an affordable cost.

Forum List

Back