The board needs a new rule:all comments must be sourced OR

Status
Not open for further replies.

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
moved to the the badlands.

First boards putting up comments that have NO sourcing of the statement like this:
"The rest of the world has single payer and it's far more effective and efficient than your current system. Cheaper too.
A third of your health care $$$ go to administration. Under single payer, it's less than 10%."

Where did these statistics come from? Totally made up.

"a 1/3 for administration"???

No substantiation!
Made up totally without and fact.
If the comment meant of the 1,300 payers, 1/3 of the premiums goes for administration...
that is a total fabrication and here are the facts from two sources:

A) Aetna largest health insurer financial reports for 2013 which if are not true corporate execs. will go to jail.
Net Premiums Earned of $46,387,100,000
Benefits,adjustments, $35,246,400,000 which is 75.4% of Premiums paid out in CLAIMS
Selling / General /
Administrative Expense $ 8,645,400,000 18.6%
Net Income Before Taxes $ 2,940,500,000 or 6.3%
Aetna | Investor Relations | Financial Fundamentals - Annual Income Statement

SO where is the 33% or 1/3rd of premiums going administration??? FACT is less then 18%!!!
B) Industry standards! http://www.naic.org/documents/frs_financial_summit_presentations_28_mlr_solvency_issues.pdf

So please change the rules for this board and REQUIRE ANY wild ass statement like "1/3 premiums " are relegated to badlands!
NOT one fact was generated and when the FACTS are substantiated like I did this is a valid comment.

Remember folks these are the steps that have a DIRECT affect on each of our lives:
1) Politicians pass laws which as in the case of ACA is COSTING ME MONEY!!! Direct affect.
2) Politicians get opinions from constituents via polls primarily and these polls get their numbers from people.
3) People form their opinions from the MSM and for more intelligent from other sources.
4) Boards like these that allow gross unsubstantiated unsourced comments like "1/3 of premiums go for administration".
5) Directly influence people that will be polled and results will influence politicians that pass laws that affect us all!

The above unsubstantiated phony mythical cliched comment "1/3.." was the type that PASSED ACA.. i.e. 46 million uninsured bogus number!

And this is what is costing me money right now!

The stimulus promised unemployment would be 5% now......it sure isn't. The healthcare law was rammed through with few reading it and the majority of Americans want to repeal it. Scandals are scandals, whether you like it or not. And wages grew under Reagan and fell under Obama.

Don't be so stupid.
Other forums have tried your "rule" and it never works.
The 'link' always put up as a credible source always ends up being some one else's 'interpretation' of the data they choose to 'cherry-pick' from some one else's source who did the same thing. And on and on. Ever read this? "The HuffPO? You've got to be kidding! FAUX? You've got to be kidding! Breitbart? You've got to be kidding! The NYT? You've got to be kidding! MSNBC? You've got to be kidding!
Get the picture?
Bottom line: anyone can claim whatever they want. It's up to the reader to decide for themselves what....for them, is 'the truth'.
Taoist saying paraphrased: "Since all experience is relative value judgements are irrelevant".

In other words you're trying to silence liberals? :)

If opinions based on NO facts are used to change policies that affect MY life it is NOT silencing but educating liberals.
You put my life at risk when you make wild hyperbolic statements that directly affect laws and therefore my life.
All I ask is that unsubstantiated hyperbolic, anecdotal statements passed off as FACT.. i.e. 1/3 insurance premiums go for admin.."
be asked to substantiate that statement.

another example of how opinions formed by unsubstantiated statements directly harm our country:
ACA was passed by 7 yes votes. ONLY 7. Yet if you asked almost ALL the congress members how many people are uninsured and they will repeat
"46 million"... Yet that was a totally unsubstantiated number refuted by the facts.
So ACA was passed and GUESS what!!
The Office of the Actuary for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services put out a report predicting that 65% of small businesses are likely to face health insurance premium increases as a result of the healthcare law.
CMS assumes the business owners will pass on these increases to employees, the most probable reaction.
Approximately 17 million Americans work for small businesses, defined as those having 50 or fewer employees.
Based on its projections, CMS said 11 million of those workers would probably see increases in their healthcare rates, while 6 million would see a reduction.
Obamacare Facts: 65% of Small Businesses Face Disruptive Rate Hikes

Think about.. THESE facts if known and the 46 million uninsured was debunked with the facts we wouldn't be facing as owners of small business with less then 50 employees INCREASES in our costs! I am a part owner of a small business and based on the above WE will have to pay more for our healthcare premiums!
WHY??? I thought the title of Obamacare was Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)?
"AFFORDABLE"???

Again.. this is so vivid example of how unsubstantiated opinions are used to pass legislation that NOW will directly affect my life as well as millions of others..
all because the wild unsubstantiated number "46 million uninsured" really is 4 million that truly need and want insurance.
Don't you think that if Congress knew otherwise the wholesale COST increase to All of us would NOT have been done!

Your idea's are anti-modern civilization. You don't like people that argue against your Amish BULL SHIT as you're a small band of nut cases that can't argue for the unarguable.

Science, infrastructure, education and r&d = the difference between Haiti and America. Learn it and love it!

I aint going anywhere!

Don't be so stupid.
Other forums have tried your "rule" and it never works.
The 'link' always put up as a credible source always ends up being some one else's 'interpretation' of the data they choose to 'cherry-pick' from some one else's source who did the same thing. And on and on. Ever read this? "The HuffPO? You've got to be kidding! FAUX? You've got to be kidding! Breitbart? You've got to be kidding! The NYT? You've got to be kidding! MSNBC? You've got to be kidding!
Get the picture?
Bottom line: anyone can claim whatever they want. It's up to the reader to decide for themselves what....for them, is 'the truth'.
Taoist saying paraphrased: "Since all experience is relative value judgements are irrelevant".

YOU are living proof of what I was saying! YOU state "other forums have tried your "rule" and it never works"!
GEEZ it must be hell being omniscient.. "other forums" where is YOUR substantiation.. phony baloney not believable statement.. or "never works" again example of idiots that
think they are so smart they don't need to prove it!!

YES I will concede.. the sources MAYBE questioned no doubt.. BUT at least they do offer even if questionable substantiation... WHICH dumb f...ks like you calling me stupid
prove you will never be as believable as I am because MOST of my postings are sourced.. conceding that some maybe perceived as biased by the uninformed.
Most of the sourcing I do is NOT from biased sources but from Census, BLS, CMS, etc. and are supposedly as govt. sites not biased!

So your comment is totally discounted as you resorted to the hyperbole and anecdotal opinion content!

So when repubs say that Dems buy votes with Welfare and I post showing that republican states suck the Govt tit harder than all others. Showing that Red states would actually be blue states if that was true. You want repubs to not be able to post a response?
Red States Are Welfare Queens - Business Insider

Of the twenty worst states, 16 are either Republican dominated or conservative states. Let's go through the top twenty.

New Mexico: $2.03
Mississippi: $2.02
Alaska: $1.84
Louisiana: $1.78
West Virginia: $1.76
North Dakota: $1.68
Alabama: $1.66
South Dakota: $1.53
Kentucky: $1.51
Virginia: $1.51
Montana: $1.47
Hawaii: $1.44
Maine: $1.41
Arkansas: $1.41
Oklahoma: $1.36
South Carolina: $1.35
Missouri: $1.32
Maryland: $1.30
Tennessee: $1.27
Idaho: $1.21

Does anyone else notice the overwhelming presence of northern "rugged individualist" states, like Alaska, the Dakotas and Montana, along with most of the South? Why it's almost like there's a pattern here or something.

Read more: Red States Are Welfare Queens - Business Insider

Edge wouldnt be able to respond "BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH" anymore. That would be a sad sad day.

I've posted links showing that funding for science and infrastructure has been slashed big time. Yet you idiots spin around it and keep on going for our throat!

You are free to start your own board

I like your postings, but I do not agree with this suggestion, sorry dear

Facts should be sourced, comments are opinions of our own creation. There is no need to source them because they come from us.

What a horrible suggestion. The OP assumes that we should expect that everyone is an idiot who has No Knowledge Of Anything Whatsoever.

The end result of his suggestion is forcing people to link to a source if they say "2 + 2 = 4".

In the cases of the OP and his hench progressive morons, I can see where such source linking would be highly desirable and necessary, but it would turn USMB into the forum equivalent of a special ed class for Downs Syndrome kids.

Facts should be sourced, comments are opinions of our own creation. There is no need to source them because they come from us.

Avatar wouldnt be able to play his "lost kid" game. Where he goes "what, where, when, who am I..." etc.

What would the board do then?

The fact that our nation needs to invest in science and infrastructure is a fact. One pointing out by reality and the links I've posted in the past.

The fact that our nation needs to invest in science and infrastructure is a fact. One pointing out by reality and the links I've posted in the past.

Actually, it's an opinion.

moved to the the badlands.

First boards putting up comments that have NO sourcing of the statement like this:
"The rest of the world has single payer and it's far more effective and efficient than your current system. Cheaper too.
A third of your health care $$$ go to administration. Under single payer, it's less than 10%."

Where did these statistics come from? Totally made up.

"a 1/3 for administration"???

No substantiation!
Made up totally without and fact.
If the comment meant of the 1,300 payers, 1/3 of the premiums goes for administration...
that is a total fabrication and here are the facts from two sources:

A) Aetna largest health insurer financial reports for 2013 which if are not true corporate execs. will go to jail.
Net Premiums Earned of $46,387,100,000
Benefits,adjustments, $35,246,400,000 which is 75.4% of Premiums paid out in CLAIMS
Selling / General /
Administrative Expense $ 8,645,400,000 18.6%
Net Income Before Taxes $ 2,940,500,000 or 6.3%
Aetna | Investor Relations | Financial Fundamentals - Annual Income Statement

SO where is the 33% or 1/3rd of premiums going administration??? FACT is less then 18%!!!
B) Industry standards! http://www.naic.org/documents/frs_financial_summit_presentations_28_mlr_solvency_issues.pdf

So please change the rules for this board and REQUIRE ANY wild ass statement like "1/3 premiums " are relegated to badlands!
NOT one fact was generated and when the FACTS are substantiated like I did this is a valid comment.

Remember folks these are the steps that have a DIRECT affect on each of our lives:
1) Politicians pass laws which as in the case of ACA is COSTING ME MONEY!!! Direct affect.
2) Politicians get opinions from constituents via polls primarily and these polls get their numbers from people.
3) People form their opinions from the MSM and for more intelligent from other sources.
4) Boards like these that allow gross unsubstantiated unsourced comments like "1/3 of premiums go for administration".
5) Directly influence people that will be polled and results will influence politicians that pass laws that affect us all!

The above unsubstantiated phony mythical cliched comment "1/3.." was the type that PASSED ACA.. i.e. 46 million uninsured bogus number!

And this is what is costing me money right now!

:thup: To all comments being sourced. When I joined, it was one of the rulz, to link anything quoted. It became a habit, I still enjoy doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back