The board needs a new rule:all comments must be sourced OR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Answer: An internet 'troll' is an abusive or obnoxious user who uses shock value to promote arguments and disharmony in online communities. Named after the wicked troll creatures of children's tales, an internet troll is someone who stirs up drama and abuses their online anonymity by purposely sowing hatred, bigotry, racism, mysogyny, or just simple bickering between others. Trolls like a big audience, so they frequent blog sites, news sites, discussion forums, and game chat. Trolls thrive in any environment where they are allowed to make public comments.

What Is an Internet 'Troll'? Is a Troll the Same as a 'Flamer'?

Internet troll, aka, healthmyths

Do you see the political affiliation of the people poo pooing this idea? See a pattern?

Indeed. The people who are not Progressive Whackjobs would like to be able to engage in intelligent discourse with people who actually have learned something during their lives.

What a concept! I can see why it frightens the bejeebus out of you.

Nice spin job bro. Fight for the right to make it up as you go...I mean, to discuss life experiences.

Because when someone asks for facts OF COURSE they are talking about links to your personal life DERP!

Clearly, learning things and retaining knowledge are foreign concepts in your life experience.

Answer: An internet 'troll' is an abusive or obnoxious user who uses shock value to promote arguments and disharmony in online communities. Named after the wicked troll creatures of children's tales, an internet troll is someone who stirs up drama and abuses their online anonymity by purposely sowing hatred, bigotry, racism, mysogyny, or just simple bickering between others. Trolls like a big audience, so they frequent blog sites, news sites, discussion forums, and game chat. Trolls thrive in any environment where they are allowed to make public comments.

Who's to say his Amish beliefs aren't more unfounded in bs land then my modern civilization beliefs? I certainly could back every god forsaken thing up I say...

"troll" "sowing hatred, bigotry, racism, mysogyny,"

My goodness. How does asking for sources to determine the validity of a wild eyed hair brain claim sows "hatred, bigotry, racism, mysogyny,"?

So regarding this thread not one comment I made did any "sowing of hatred, bigotry, racism, mysogyny,".

So calling me a "troll" with this thread definitely shows the IQ level of ryecatcher.
Note this is a perfect example of commidiots (word I just made up meaning anyone attempting to use a "big word" like "mysogyny") ignoring the little red dotted line showing the spelling should be checked.. misogyny!

Last edited:

Who's to say his Amish beliefs aren't more unfounded in bs land then my modern civilization beliefs? I certainly could back every god forsaken thing up I say...

Trolls just have insults. Can't give a source for that.

My goodness. How does asking for sources to determine the validity of a wild eyed hair brain claim sows "hatred, bigotry, racism, mysogyny,"?

So regarding this thread not one comment I made did any "sowing of hatred, bigotry, racism, mysogyny,".

So calling me a "troll" with this thread definitely shows the IQ level of ryecatcher.

I have links supporting my case of more infrastructure, education, science and r&d. Stll this is a goddamn discussion board for people to share their opinions. :eusa_boohoo:

Can we go back in time and eliminate all anti-ACA postings that were posted prior to the enactment of the law?

Of course you want to rewrite history and censor critical thinking.

How Hopey-Changey of you.

Nope...I don't particularly like the ACA, but the Cons were attacking it based on "facts" that they couldn't back up from the actual posted legislation.

Try again.

I have links supporting my case of more infrastructure, education, science and r&d. Stll this is a goddamn discussion board for people to share their opinions. :eusa_boohoo:

Conservatives agree with you, except they want US tax dollars to do that for Asia.

You are an idiot. He is no troll. Overly passionate about his beliefs does not make one a troll.

Indeed. The people who are not Progressive Whackjobs would like to be able to engage in intelligent discourse with people who actually have learned something during their lives.

What a concept! I can see why it frightens the bejeebus out of you.

Nice spin job bro. Fight for the right to make it up as you go...I mean, to discuss life experiences.

Because when someone asks for facts OF COURSE they are talking about links to your personal life DERP!

Clearly, learning things and retaining knowledge are foreign concepts in your life experience.

Obviously :doubt:

Tell me more about how you think life experiences can be linked to a website. Really fascinating stuff, really. :badgrin:

Can we go back in time and eliminate all anti-ACA postings that were posted prior to the enactment of the law?

Of course you want to rewrite history and censor critical thinking.

How Hopey-Changey of you.

Nope...I don't particularly like the ACA, but the Cons were attacking it based on "facts" that they couldn't back up from the actual posted legislation.

Try again.

FACTS like THERE NEVER WERE 46 million "uninsured"??? Simple math and you can't even do that!
Please PROVE THESE numbers are WRONG! Or shut the f...k UP because I know you can't.

1)10 million not citizens go to the link: Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2009 - Income & Wealth - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau
In fact, Obamacare explicitly denies insurance coverage to illegal immigrants in Section 1312 (f)(3):
Access limited to lawful residents. If an individual is not, or is not reasonably expected to be for the entire period for which enrollment is sought, a citizen or national of the United States or an alien lawfully present in the United States, the individual shall not be treated as a qualified individual and may not be covered under a qualified health plan in the individual market that is offered through an Exchange.
No, Obamacare Does Not Cover Millions of Illegal Immigrants

SO WHY WAS 10 million illegals included in the number 46 million???? Explain why THEY were counted when Obama said:
"We are not a nation that accepts nearly 46 million uninsured men, women and children,"
SO WHICH IS IT Dumb f..ks! Do you accept 10 million "not citizens" or do you NOT count them???

NOW you same idiot ACA supporters... how in the hell do you expect a government to manage ALL our health care if they can't even get 14 million people enrolled?

2) 14 million people who SAY they are UNINSURED YET all they need to is register with MEDICAID and this was before ACA!!!
go to the link: http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf
I KNOW TWO PEOPLE THAT fit into this category! They are eligible for Medicaid.. YET they don't register because THEY are like the other
14 million.. either too lazy, or other reasons but under the poverty levels THEY QUALIFY as do 14 million others! So why were THEY not
contacted and worked with my Medicaid and worse this 14 million was part of the 46 million BIG LIE!!!

Finally why are people counting these 18 million??
These 18 million people don't want.
They Don't Need.
And they can afford their employers' health plans but don't want to waste their money!
CRISIS OF THE UNINSURED: 2009
Nearly 18 million of the uninsured lived in households with annual incomes above $50,000 --
over half of them (9.7 million) in households with incomes that exceed $75,000 annually.

These 42 million people were bogusly used to jack up the true number of only 4 million... to pass Obamacare!

Folks this was the BIGGEST LIE used to pass ACA and now it's destruction is being felt BY EVERYONE!

TELL me dummy how hard is it to subtract 42 million that are NOT legal, that are ALREADY covered and 18 million that don't want or need from 46 million?
Leaves 4 million NOT the ten times phony 46 million which was used to pass ACA!~!!

moved to the the badlands.

First boards putting up comments that have NO sourcing of the statement like this:
"The rest of the world has single payer and it's far more effective and efficient than your current system. Cheaper too.
A third of your health care $$$ go to administration. Under single payer, it's less than 10%."

Where did these statistics come from? Totally made up.

"a 1/3 for administration"???

No substantiation!
Made up totally without and fact.
If the comment meant of the 1,300 payers, 1/3 of the premiums goes for administration...
that is a total fabrication and here are the facts from two sources:

A) Aetna largest health insurer financial reports for 2013 which if are not true corporate execs. will go to jail.
Net Premiums Earned of $46,387,100,000
Benefits,adjustments, $35,246,400,000 which is 75.4% of Premiums paid out in CLAIMS
Selling / General /
Administrative Expense $ 8,645,400,000 18.6%
Net Income Before Taxes $ 2,940,500,000 or 6.3%
Aetna | Investor Relations | Financial Fundamentals - Annual Income Statement

SO where is the 33% or 1/3rd of premiums going administration??? FACT is less then 18%!!!
B) Industry standards! http://www.naic.org/documents/frs_financial_summit_presentations_28_mlr_solvency_issues.pdf

So please change the rules for this board and REQUIRE ANY wild ass statement like "1/3 premiums " are relegated to badlands!
NOT one fact was generated and when the FACTS are substantiated like I did this is a valid comment.

Remember folks these are the steps that have a DIRECT affect on each of our lives:
1) Politicians pass laws which as in the case of ACA is COSTING ME MONEY!!! Direct affect.
2) Politicians get opinions from constituents via polls primarily and these polls get their numbers from people.
3) People form their opinions from the MSM and for more intelligent from other sources.
4) Boards like these that allow gross unsubstantiated unsourced comments like "1/3 of premiums go for administration".
5) Directly influence people that will be polled and results will influence politicians that pass laws that affect us all!

The above unsubstantiated phony mythical cliched comment "1/3.." was the type that PASSED ACA.. i.e. 46 million uninsured bogus number!

And this is what is costing me money right now!

I would support a rule that OP's expressing this amount of mad faggotry get moved to the badlands for sure.

But then what would become of the Politics forum? :dunno:

this would mean that 90+% of the Repub-voters here would be barred from the politics sub-forum :eusa_whistle:

I see a pattern here. The low information left which is unable to argue a point or has a difficult time with the English language wants to turn the board into an outlet for Huffington blogs.

First boards putting up comments that have NO sourcing of the statement like this:
"The rest of the world has single payer and it's far more effective and efficient than your current system. Cheaper too.
A third of your health care $$$ go to administration. Under single payer, it's less than 10%

But then the libs couldn't make statements like Bush policies are responsible for the colapse of the economy and housing market.

A third of your health care $$$ go to administration. Under single payer, it's less than 10%."

Where did these statistics come from? Totally made up.

"a 1/3 for administration"???

No substantiation!
Made up totally without and fact.
If the comment meant of the 1,300 payers, 1/3 of the premiums goes for administration...
that is a total fabrication and here are the facts from two sources:

A) Aetna largest health insurer financial reports for 2013 which if are not true corporate execs. will go to jail.
Net Premiums Earned of $46,387,100,000
Benefits,adjustments, $35,246,400,000 which is 75.4% of Premiums paid out in CLAIMS
Selling / General /
Administrative Expense $ 8,645,400,000 18.6%
Net Income Before Taxes $ 2,940,500,000 or 6.3%
Aetna | Investor Relations | Financial Fundamentals - Annual Income Statement

SO where is the 33% or 1/3rd of premiums going administration??? FACT is less then 18%!!!
B) Industry standards! http://www.naic.org/documents/frs_financial_summit_presentations_28_mlr_solvency_issues.pdf

So please change the rules for this board and REQUIRE ANY wild ass statement like "1/3 premiums " are relegated to badlands!
NOT one fact was generated and when the FACTS are substantiated like I did this is a valid comment.

Remember folks these are the steps that have a DIRECT affect on each of our lives:
1) Politicians pass laws which as in the case of ACA is COSTING ME MONEY!!! Direct affect.
2) Politicians get opinions from constituents via polls primarily and these polls get their numbers from people.
3) People form their opinions from the MSM and for more intelligent from other sources.
4) Boards like these that allow gross unsubstantiated unsourced comments like "1/3 of premiums go for administration".
5) Directly influence people that will be polled and results will influence politicians that pass laws that affect us all!

The above unsubstantiated phony mythical cliched comment "1/3.." was the type that PASSED ACA.. i.e. 46 million uninsured bogus number!

Do you need a refresher course on the 1st Amendment? Opinions expressed here and everywhere else will never require such things. Besides, having sources to back up claims doesn't then make those claims any truer than without the source. Take Fox News, please. :)

Thread closed - does not belong in Politics.

If you want to start a thread asking for new rules - start it in Announcements and Feedback.
If your intent is to discuss healthcare - start it in Healthcare.
If you have actual questions about specific rules, pm one of the staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back