The "Boner" Statements for the last few presidents:

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
George Bush: "Read my lips, no new taxes"
Bill Clinton: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"
George W Bush: "Mission Accomplished" (not said, but the banner was the focal point)
Barak Obama: "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan"

The question is twofold: Which one was the worst lie, and which one will hurt/has hurt the person who said it most?

I'd say Bill Clinton's was the biggest lie, but George HW Bush was the only one to lose reelection, so his may have cost him the most. Only time will tell with the other two. By the time their legacies are written both statements may be completely forgotten.

George W Bush: "Mission Accomplished" (not said, but the banner was the focal point)

The question is twofold: Which one was the worst lie, and which one will hurt/has hurt the person who said it most?

Good question.

In rank order form bad to worse.

1. Obama. His lie hurts every U.S, Citizen. Most in a big way.

2. Bush the Elder. Hurt just about every American, although not nearly as bad as Obama.

3. Clinton. Mainly because he committed perjury, humiliated himself, and forced all of us to have to witness Arkansas lovin.'

4. It was a stupid billboard that hurt no one, and Bush had nothing to do with it anyway.

Obama's is the worst.

Bush 41 was held accountable for his broken promise by his failure to get re-elected.

Clinton's was a lie to cover up a personal moral lapse; and not on the same scale as Obama's lie (and Clinton WAS impeached for lying).

Bush 43 never said that the goal of the war was accomplished...at that point major combat operations had ended. But there was still the peace keeping objective to be met. The left has spun the mission accomplished meme into its own political context.

Obama lied to America to get re-elected. He knew millions would lose their insurance, and didn't care about how those people would be hurt. He should be impeached.

My favorite Bushism was, "Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."

:lol:

I will disagree with others, because I do not believe this is what caused him re-election. It was Ross Perot acting as a spoiler which did. Also, Bush's lackadaisical campaigning.

The fixation on Clinton's sex life ushered in a new era of gutter politics which continues to this day. When you see someone start a topic about Obama's vacations, or Michelle Obama's fat ass, you can trace that back to Clinton's blowjob.

Before Clinton, Presidents had affairs, but no one spent tens of millions of US taxpayer dollars on special prosecutors over it, much less tried to impeach them for lying about a blowjob. And nobody gave a flying fuck about Presidential vacations or golf games.

We are now in a political age dominated by demagogues playing rubes with the intellectual bandwidth of bumper stickers like fiddles.

This was cheap, disingenous political hackery. You had to be a total retard to believe that banner meant the fighting was over.

The much bigger mistake Bush made was demobilizing the Iraqi Army after the successful overthrow of Hussein. This will go down as the biggest military blunder in US history, adding at least five years to that war.

A willful lie that may erase a couple points off the GOP's horrible disapproval rating.

Last edited:

Obama's is the worst.

Bush 41 was held accountable for his broken promise by his failure to get re-elected.

Clinton's was a lie to cover up a personal moral lapse; and not on the same scale as Obama's lie (and Clinton WAS impeached for lying).

Bush 43 never said that the goal of the war was accomplished...at that point major combat operations had ended. But there was still the peace keeping objective to be met. The left has spun the mission accomplished meme into its own political context.

Obama lied to America to get re-elected. He knew millions would lose their insurance, and didn't care about how those people would be hurt. He should be impeached.

I agree obama is far more the worst in history.

Forum List

Back