The Boss is back on Broadway!

In a normal year I see likely 70 concerts.

That's a concert every 5 days and about $5,000 - $6,000 a year. I'm sure Ticketmaster must love you! :SMILEW~130:
They like me. I get many of the tickets for free from qFM the classic rock station here in town.

Sounds like you could use a friend with an 11-octave flat, 3,000 watt stereo with 135dB dynamic range! :SMILEW~130:
But it begs the question: who to go see from a classic rock station when nearly all the really good artists from the classic rock era are either retired, thinking of retiring, or dead now?!
Ya, my favorites for the most part are either no longer touring or are dead. The last that I saw before the world shut down was Sammy Hager. I think next on the docket Styx.

I met Sammy Hagar before I worked with him. It was in Maui. Turned out we both love coconut shrimp from the same little old lady in a shop not far from Hana. It was 2011. He asked me why we had not worked together. I had no reason except that every time he came to town I was already committed to another job the same night. He said he would be back in my area in September and made me promise to work with him. I didn't work with him that year. I worked with him in 2013. He is very fun to work with and puts on a fantastic show.

View attachment 499134

I've worked with Styx many times going back to the early 1990s. I started seeing them perform in the late 1970s. They put on a fantastic show. Here is a shot of Tommy I took in 2008.

View attachment 499136
That second one is Petty right? Great shot! He’s probably my biggest regret of concerts I never saw.
Saw Petty 3 times and was never impressed. I was at one of his final concerts in Hyde Park.
He wasn’t healthy those last years. My friends in SoCal saw his last show at Hollywood Bowl. Said he could barely move (back issues as I recall). Died a couple days later.

He had a tragic life in many ways, no small part of which was losing his home to arson. That remains a mystery.

He is someone I really should have liked, but didn't. Part of the reason is I heard him interviewed a couple of times and he came off as a real jerk. The first time I saw him was when he opened for Roger McGuinn at the Bottom Line in New York City. When he was on I was drinking with McGuinn at the bar and Petty was not even holding our attention. Saw him at the NoNukes Concerts in New York City and the idiot tried to do a James Brown song.

Curious - Why see him three times?

And he's still smarter than you, Bluey!

You are no longer welcome in my thread. Beat it.

Lol, some of the people on here have absolutely no redeemable qualities. Truly a deplorable. I have yet to see him show any human kindness. Crazy days when concerts become controversial.

Just reading this thread and it is clear that Bruce is not a universal favourite. He really needs to work on attracting the stupid pig demographic if he wants a career.
Lol, there was a time when only juveniles would ding you on a matter of taste. Use to be adults would say hey different strokes for different folks. Ya, I miss that world.

Just reading this thread and it is clear that Bruce is not a universal favourite. He really needs to work on attracting the stupid pig demographic if he wants a career.
Lol, there was a time when only juveniles would ding you on a matter of taste. Use to be adults would say hey different strokes for different folks. Ya, I miss that world.

There was a time when adults acted like adults. Nowadays a person can claim that they have a "belief" that the color green represents evil and that some stranger 25 miles away who puts on his favorite green shirt is "discriminating" against him and "persecuting" him. It's bizarre.

The problem Bruce, the songwriting artist has, is the same one most entertainers have, mixing art and political opinion, believing their opinion is somehow superior to everyone else’s when it’s not.
Key word “entertainer” one paid to perform, nothing more.
I believe he lets you know how he feels without throwing it in your face. He writes about life in America and politics is part of it.
Exactly, he is arguably LESS political than many other American artists and actors. In fact, Springsteen has gone out of his way to avoid political commentary, endorsements and criticism. He has played at events for candidates. But Natalie Maines, Bob DeNiro, Sean Penn or Madonna he ain’t. And thank GOD he isn’t Ted Nugent! :rolleyes-41:

There was a time when adults acted like adults. Nowadays a person can claim that they have a "belief" that the color green represents evil and that some stranger 25 miles away who puts on his favorite green shirt is "discriminating" against him and "persecuting" him. It's bizarre.
The world has gone crazy. I don't understand. I think some of these technologies we say are so great are the exact opposite. TV could have become the greatest learning tool ever invented. There is a reason it gained the nickname tge book tube. Then the internet came along again possibilities were great for the advancement of our kind. Instead it turned our kind into couch potatoes. I was brought up to pay attention to the person that got off their ass and took the time to come see me. Now adays you see people physically together but on Twitter instead of the person they are with. Maybe the Amish are at least partially right. Today's state of human existence does not seem natural to me.

One would think with Bruce's waning popularity he would not want to limit audience participation.
"Bruce Springsteen is the most overrated musician in history, followed closely by Jon Bon Jovi, who apes Bruce’s style while spending more time on his hair."
"Bruce Springsteen has spent his whole career rewriting the same “story” as a song. Here’s every Springsteen song rolled into one:

"Becky’s dad doesn’t approve of the guy she’s dating, probably named Johnny, but she’s not going to let that stop their love. The factory has closed or is about to, making life in this small town even tougher than it was before. The young lovers are going to meet somewhere, probably on the outskirts of town, and go off to start their lives together, even though the odds are stacked against them. (Cue the guitar or horns.)"

I guess Bruce will get the 'tin ear' musically challenged audience. His popularity is mostly all promo and no show. OR as they say in Texas...."All hat and no cattle."
You have never seen him perform obviously.

One would think with Bruce's waning popularity he would not want to limit audience participation.
"Bruce Springsteen is the most overrated musician in history, followed closely by Jon Bon Jovi, who apes Bruce’s style while spending more time on his hair."
"Bruce Springsteen has spent his whole career rewriting the same “story” as a song. Here’s every Springsteen song rolled into one:

"Becky’s dad doesn’t approve of the guy she’s dating, probably named Johnny, but she’s not going to let that stop their love. The factory has closed or is about to, making life in this small town even tougher than it was before. The young lovers are going to meet somewhere, probably on the outskirts of town, and go off to start their lives together, even though the odds are stacked against them. (Cue the guitar or horns.)"

I guess Bruce will get the 'tin ear' musically challenged audience. His popularity is mostly all promo and no show. OR as they say in Texas...."All hat and no cattle."
You have never seen him perform obviously.
Nah, Leo is just PO’d that Bruce isn’t more like, and as talented as Ted Nugent. :lol:

I saw him once back at his peak, the show was okay, but once was enough for me. Not on my list of performers to whom I will willingly give my money. I saw Neil Diamond around the same time, much better show, it's a shame he's been forced to retire. Billy Joel has more talent and put on a better show... a lot of performers do...

But there is no denying that Springsteen does have a devoted following. To each their own. I'm certain there are plenty of people who have no appreciation for Jimmy Buffett. I don't hold it against them, it's not their fault they're wrong...
Jimmy Buffet gave me an average, disappointing lackluster live show. Might have been a bad night. Billy Joel is overrated, and an asshole.

Lyrics and social consciousness are not the issue, it’s his holier than now opinions expressed outside his art form. The platform provided by media and America’s infatuation with celebrities ordaining their opinions as gospel, deep, insightful, that should concern people. One mans opinion is no better or worse than another’s yet due to their fame they receive credibility as an expert and knowledgeable. I tend to disagree.

I will go with AC/DC any day.
Lol, you only like schoolboys.
And talk about a dude who can’t sing?

View attachment 498815
Angus is the lead guitarist had to fix that his late great brother Malcom was the rhythm guitarist Angus was still not lead singer typical liberal response uninformed and wrong.
Talk about a band that made a career of sounding the same.
As the old saying goes if it’s not broke don’t fix it.

I saw him once back at his peak, the show was okay, but once was enough for me. Not on my list of performers to whom I will willingly give my money. I saw Neil Diamond around the same time, much better show, it's a shame he's been forced to retire. Billy Joel has more talent and put on a better show... a lot of performers do...

But there is no denying that Springsteen does have a devoted following. To each their own. I'm certain there are plenty of people who have no appreciation for Jimmy Buffett. I don't hold it against them, it's not their fault they're wrong...
Jimmy Buffet gave me an average, disappointing lackluster live show. Might have been a bad night. Billy Joel is overrated, and an asshole.
Hmmm, I saw Buffet in Boise 3 years ago and he put on a very solid show that pretty much everyone loved.

You’re a tough critic. What were your top 3 favorite concerts?

View attachment 498815
Angus is the lead guitarist had to fix that his late great brother Malcom was the rhythm guitarist Angus was still not lead singer typical liberal response uninformed and wrong.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

Hmmm, I saw Buffet in Boise 3 years ago and he put on a very solid show that pretty much everyone loved.

He sounds like the “arms folded guy” to me.

View attachment 498815
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...
They have sold out arenas and stadiums for decades with their style but hey to each their own there are people who are fans of Maroon 5.

My first concert in 1965 was the Stones, The Byrds, Bo Diddly, Patti Labelle, it has to be up there. Second and third were the Richard Thompson Band and one by Steve Winwood. Those two were examples of the best playing I have ever heard along with good shows.

What were your top 3?

When I saw Buffett it was in the 80s.

View attachment 498815
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...
They have sold out arenas and stadiums for decades with their style but hey to each their own there are people who are fans of Maroon 5.
Whoever those people are.

Forum List

Back