The Boss is back on Broadway!

In a normal year I see likely 70 concerts.

That's a concert every 5 days and about $5,000 - $6,000 a year. I'm sure Ticketmaster must love you! :SMILEW~130:
They like me. I get many of the tickets for free from qFM the classic rock station here in town.

Sounds like you could use a friend with an 11-octave flat, 3,000 watt stereo with 135dB dynamic range! :SMILEW~130:
But it begs the question: who to go see from a classic rock station when nearly all the really good artists from the classic rock era are either retired, thinking of retiring, or dead now?!
Ya, my favorites for the most part are either no longer touring or are dead. The last that I saw before the world shut down was Sammy Hager. I think next on the docket Styx.

I met Sammy Hagar before I worked with him. It was in Maui. Turned out we both love coconut shrimp from the same little old lady in a shop not far from Hana. It was 2011. He asked me why we had not worked together. I had no reason except that every time he came to town I was already committed to another job the same night. He said he would be back in my area in September and made me promise to work with him. I didn't work with him that year. I worked with him in 2013. He is very fun to work with and puts on a fantastic show.

View attachment 499134

I've worked with Styx many times going back to the early 1990s. I started seeing them perform in the late 1970s. They put on a fantastic show. Here is a shot of Tommy I took in 2008.

View attachment 499136
Wow, I may have seen you at some point. Awesome experience!! I imagine you love what you do as much as I love what I do. If ever in or around western basin of lake erie during fishing season let me know. I ll find a slot on the boat and listen to some stories!!!! Your are likely even better than Dino Becks. He owns a petroleum business up on the lake but when he was younger he was a workman's comp investigator. I thought he had stories that would make your jaw drop. I am certain you do also.
Walleye fishin? May I join?? :)
Yes. Walleye and yes you may join. Late July early August we switch over to perch because the Walleye travel east by then. Nothing to say we can not look for a ride on boat in Vermillion area. Thats a little far to run on my boat.

That's a concert every 5 days and about $5,000 - $6,000 a year. I'm sure Ticketmaster must love you! :SMILEW~130:
They like me. I get many of the tickets for free from qFM the classic rock station here in town.

Sounds like you could use a friend with an 11-octave flat, 3,000 watt stereo with 135dB dynamic range! :SMILEW~130:
But it begs the question: who to go see from a classic rock station when nearly all the really good artists from the classic rock era are either retired, thinking of retiring, or dead now?!
I will tell you this there is a distinct possibility that one of favorites will do some shows this year. Tommy James may do some shows and I will be there if that happens. I start my day off every morning with Dragging a Line on my 2000 watt stereo. That song is about living the right way and working hard every day. For me I literally drag a fishing line for a living so it speaks to me personally. The next song I listen to is Give me Love by George Harrison. If you listen closely that song is actually a prayer. My way of sending the big guy a prayer and I think I get some brownie points for sending it in George's voice. Lol Kinda my morning ritual. Then I either listen to Jackson Brown Something Fine or Steve Miller Mountain Honey. When I set up for my first drift fishing I always start out with Fishing in The Dark. Kinda a good luck thing. I caught me a blonde hair blue eyed girl with that years ago. That was the song playing when I met my first love .

2000 watts? That is pretty hefty wattage for most people. The average stereo only has between 40-60 watts per channel to maybe 200. A big consumer stereo has maybe 400. I have to kind of figure that you are running bi-amped or something!
105 watt per channel. Technically 1780 watt I total out put 7.1 surround. Older JVC. I am currently not with it but if I remember correctly 7751 v. Sounds right.

I will tell you this there is a distinct possibility that one of favorites will do some shows this year. Tommy James may do some shows and I will be there if that happens. I start my day off every morning with Dragging a Line on my 2000 watt stereo. That song is about living the right way and working hard every day. For me I literally drag a fishing line for a living so it speaks to me personally. The next song I listen to is Give me Love by George Harrison. If you listen closely that song is actually a prayer. My way of sending the big guy a prayer and I think I get some brownie points for sending it in George's voice. Lol Kinda my morning ritual. Then I either listen to Jackson Brown Something Fine or Steve Miller Mountain Honey. When I set up for my first drift fishing I always start out with Fishing in The Dark. Kinda a good luck thing. I caught me a blonde hair blue eyed girl with that years ago. That was the song playing when I met my first love .

2000 watts? That is pretty hefty wattage for most people. The average stereo only has between 40-60 watts per channel to maybe 200. A big consumer stereo has maybe 400. I have to kind of figure that you are running bi-amped or something!
105 watt per channel. Technically 1780 watt I total out put 7.1 surround.

That's a home theater. Typically, "surround" channels haven't the same power as primary ones. My 3000 watts is divided between a L and a R channel and a subwoofer.

105 watt per channel. Technically 1780 watt I total out put 7.1 surround.

That's a home theater. Typically, "surround" channels haven't the same power as primary ones. My 3000 watts is divided between a L and a R channel and a subwoofer.
The rear speakers have slightly less than the front a center and sub. Definitely not the sound you system will put out. But about as much sound as where I live will allow with out pissing off neighbors.

But you’ll need to show your CDC vax card, which will leave many out at The Darkness on the Edge of Town. ;)

bruce needs to learn the guitar instead of jus using it for a prop

Your post shows me you have never been to a Springsteen concert.

Which is too bad. I've been seeing him perform since the early 80s.

No he isn't flashy or fancy. He is pure real music. He doesn't need anything but his guitar, harmonica and voice.

That's one of the reasons why he packs stadiums wherever he goes and is known as the working man's rock and roll.

You might want to listen to the words of his songs.

He actually has something meaningful to say.

Does he ever! I first heard of him in the late 70s when I dated a guy from Sea Girt and I started listening to Bruce's lyrics. What I'm going to say may be weird to guys, but one thing that he taught me was that guys actually have human emotions. Revelation! I always loved it when the lights went down and he began The River. And seeing him run down the back stairs to help Clarence in one of their last performances together showed what a stand-up he is. How I miss The Big Man.

Darkness On the Edge of Town got me through law school, at night, when I really wanted to quit. Blasting it kind of said "fight it, be tough, you got this."

He also put the carousel that I rode on as a child on his first album.

I started listening to him in the 70s when I was in high school.

The first time I saw him was his Born In The USA tour in the early 80s. I photographed that show.

I saw almost every show of his that came to my area since then.

I worked with him down in Oregon but it was after Clarence died. Clarence's son had taken over on the Sax.

I will never forget where I was when I learned he died. I was working. I was backstage waiting for the show to start when the news came over people's phones. All at once, everyone started to cry. Including me. I can't believe he's been gone for a decade.

Have Kleenex handy :crying:

I am so blessed that I got to photograph Clarence.

I'm so blessed that I got to see him play his sax many times through the years.

He was a gifted man who brought beautiful music and joy to this world.

He is missed.

Last edited:
Hey Dana - Did Annie L take this one? So iconic!
High school pal introduced me to BTR on cassette right after it came out on a drive to camp in Death Valley.
It grabbed me to the point of no return!!

View attachment 499197

No Annie didn't take that photo. A man by the name of Eric Meola took that shot.

I remember when the album came out. The summer of 1975. I was 15 years old. I heard that song and have been a huge Springsteen fan ever since.

I've seen him at different venues in different cities through the years.

I'm not exaggerating when I say, A Springsteen concert in Seattle is nothing like anywhere else in the west. A show in New Jersey would probably be better but there is nothing like a Seattle audience.

He comes back for encores as long as the audience is with him so in Seattle he comes back over and over until he comes out to say he has run out of material to play. Once when he did that he ended that last encore saying he had no more material but ended the show by singing Santa Clause Is Coming To Town even though it was still October. It was great.

Ya, my favorites for the most part are either no longer touring or are dead. The last that I saw before the world shut down was Sammy Hager. I think next on the docket Styx.

I met Sammy Hagar before I worked with him. It was in Maui. Turned out we both love coconut shrimp from the same little old lady in a shop not far from Hana. It was 2011. He asked me why we had not worked together. I had no reason except that every time he came to town I was already committed to another job the same night. He said he would be back in my area in September and made me promise to work with him. I didn't work with him that year. I worked with him in 2013. He is very fun to work with and puts on a fantastic show.

View attachment 499134

I've worked with Styx many times going back to the early 1990s. I started seeing them perform in the late 1970s. They put on a fantastic show. Here is a shot of Tommy I took in 2008.

View attachment 499136
Wow, I may have seen you at some point. Awesome experience!! I imagine you love what you do as much as I love what I do. If ever in or around western basin of lake erie during fishing season let me know. I ll find a slot on the boat and listen to some stories!!!! Your are likely even better than Dino Becks. He owns a petroleum business up on the lake but when he was younger he was a workman's comp investigator. I thought he had stories that would make your jaw drop. I am certain you do also.

I was in your area in April.

Yes my work stories are very different from most people's work stories. LOL.

Hey Dana - Did Annie L take this one? So iconic!
High school pal introduced me to BTR on cassette right after it came out on a drive to camp in Death Valley.
It grabbed me to the point of no return!!

View attachment 499197

No Annie didn't take that photo. A man by the name of Eric Meola took that shot.

I remember when the album came out. The summer of 1975. I was 15 years old. I heard that song and have been a huge Springsteen fan ever since.

I've seen him at different venues in different cities through the years.

I'm not exaggerating when I say, A Springsteen concert in Seattle is nothing like anywhere else in the west. A show in New Jersey would probably be better but there is nothing like a Seattle audience.

He comes back for encores as long as the audience is with him so in Seattle he comes back over and over until he comes out to say he has run out of material to play. Once when he did that he ended that last encore saying he had no more material but ended the show by singing Santa Clause Is Coming To Town even though it was still October. It was great.
His first night in LA lasted 2:45. Second (following night LoL ;-) was 3:20. Yep, he always gave his fans 110%. An AMAZING live artist!

Artists should be judged by their art, not their politics.
Then why doesn't Brucie keep his big fat mouth shut about politics? Oh yeah, it gets him some kind of audience. He should team up with Madonna. They could have a geriatric, TDS, hate-fest tour.

It was that dumb bitch reagan who forced him to speak out.

Aren't you a supporter of free speech? Why shouldn't he speak? He's a loyal American who has thousands of dedicated fans in many countries. Remember that plenty of sports figures, entertainers, actors, CEOs, and other idiots praise trump.

But you’ll need to show your CDC vax card, which will leave many out at The Darkness on the Edge of Town. ;)

No he isn't flashy or fancy. He is pure real music. He doesn't need anything but his guitar, harmonica and voice.

That's one of the reasons why he packs stadiums wherever he goes and is known as the working man's rock and roll.

My first was the Born in the USA tour as you say - early 80s at Dodger Stadium.
Hated it so much, I went again the following night! :cool-45:

I saw that tour in 1984. The show from that tour that I saw was at the Tacoma Dome.

It was a fantastic show.

Saw Fogerty at the Rose Garden Amphtheater in Portland a few years later. Another great one to see live!

I saw and worked with Fogerty at the Gorge Amphitheater in George Washington in the late 90s.

Those shots were taken on film and aren't scanned or I would post some.

He played for hours. Think of any CCR or Fogerty song, he played it.

He put on a fantastic show. He actually gave me something to photograph so it was a lot of fun.

Fogerty is one of my regrets for never having seen. He was over here in Europe a few years back with some other groups and the tickets were like 225 euros.

Ya, saw him in this era. He’s 76 years old now, but one of those guys who really doesn’t age. When I was knee high to a grasshopper, Dad bought me an 8 track player with nice set of headphones. That first Credence album must have played a a few thousand times!

I saw that tour in 1984. The show from that tour that I saw was at the Tacoma Dome.

It was a fantastic show.

Saw Fogerty at the Rose Garden Amphtheater in Portland a few years later. Another great one to see live!

I saw and worked with Fogerty at the Gorge Amphitheater in George Washington in the late 90s.

He put on a fantastic show. He actually gave me something to photograph so it was a lot of fun.

Fogerty is one of my regrets for never having seen. He was over here in Europe a few years back with some other groups and the tickets were like 225 euros.

Ya, saw him in this era. He’s 76 years old now, but one of those guys who really doesn’t age. When I was knee high to a grasshopper, Dad bought me an 8 track player with nice set of headphones. That first Credence album must have played a a few thousand times!

There's a bathroom on the right!

The problem Bruce, the songwriting artist has, is the same one most entertainers have, mixing art and political opinion, believing their opinion is somehow superior to everyone else’s when it’s not.
Key word “entertainer” one paid to perform, nothing more.

The problem Bruce, the songwriting artist has, is the same one most entertainers have, mixing art and political opinion, believing their opinion is somehow superior to everyone else’s when it’s not.
Bullshit - Springsteen RARELY got political in his songs. No more than Woody Guthrie (huge influence) did before I was even borned!

View attachment 499134

View attachment 499136
That second one is Petty right? Great shot! He’s probably my biggest regret of concerts I never saw.
Saw Petty 3 times and was never impressed. I was at one of his final concerts in Hyde Park.
He wasn’t healthy those last years. My friends in SoCal saw his last show at Hollywood Bowl. Said he could barely move (back issues as I recall). Died a couple days later.

He had a tragic life in many ways, no small part of which was losing his home to arson. That remains a mystery.

He is someone I really should have liked, but didn't. Part of the reason is I heard him interviewed a couple of times and he came off as a real jerk. The first time I saw him was when he opened for Roger McGuinn at the Bottom Line in New York City. When he was on I was drinking with McGuinn at the bar and Petty was not even holding our attention. Saw him at the NoNukes Concerts in New York City and the idiot tried to do a James Brown song.

Curious - Why see him three times?

And he's still smarter than you, Bluey!

You are no longer welcome in my thread. Beat it.

It was a fantastic show.

Yes, I was in high school when Creedence got popular.

I believe he lets you know how he feels without throwing it in your face. He writes about life in America and politics is part of it.

Bullshit - Springsteen RARELY got political in his songs. No more than Woody Guthrie (huge influence) did before I was even borned!

I always looked at him as a historian of our generation through his songs. There would be some politics with that.

You could not be more wrong. Songwriters write songs about things they care about. Its up to you if you want to support them or not. You don't get to dictate what we write about.

This is not a "problem" for entertainers or anyone else.

With entertainers, people won't come to see them or buy their creations if they don't like them, and they will not have a job. This goes for Merle Haggard, Lee Greenwood, and Clint Eastwood, as well as Springsteen.

Writers in general express their thoughts and opinions in songs and stories. This is an integral part of their art. Springsteen chronicles American life as he sees what's going on, and he does this well. The authors of such works as 1984, The Crucible, Manchild In the Promised Land, and The Jungle, have also done this well.

People from all walks of life combine whatever public platform they have with their political opinions, even sports coaches, plumbers, businessmen, and preachers.

Springsteen managed to become a powerful voice in the US, which is not bad for a quiet and rebellious kid who grew up in a now-demolished duplex in Freehold. You just don't like what he has to say. But his is an authentic and truthful voice that resonates with millions of people.

Forum List

Back