The Candidates Are In.So What Is Your Preferred GOP Ticket?So Many Combinations.

i would even settle for a Cruz/Kasich Ticket. Cruz will give us Florida/Colorado, and Kasich will give us the rust belt.

Why would Cruz give you Florida or Colorado? His father fought FOR castro. Not against. And colorado is just....random.

i would even settle for a Cruz/Kasich Ticket. Cruz will give us Florida/Colorado, and Kasich will give us the rust belt.

Why would Cruz give you Florida or Colorado? His father fought FOR castro. Not against. And colorado is just....random.
i dont think cubans would hold it against him, cubans will vote for Cruz cause he's one of them. and thats what i am hearing in threads anyway, that cruz or rubio should take florida handily.

They'll want balance on the ticket. That's the usual wisdom. The other wisdom is that VP picks can only hurt, never help.

i dont think cubans would hold it against him, cubans will vote for Cruz cause he's one of them.

I seriously doubt it. Cruz has done a pretty absymal job connecting with the Latino community in general. And made few if any inroads with the Florida cubans in particular.

Coming from a line of Casto supporters isn't likely to improve his odds.

and thats what i am hearing in threads anyway, that cruz or rubio should take florida handily.

Cruz has virtually no connection to Florida. He's polling at around 5% - behind both Huckabee (7.7%) and Carson (9%). When a preacher from Arkansas and a retired neurosurgeon poll about half against better than Cruz, I don't think you can credibly argue 'handily'.

Rubio however is a different story. He's got credibility with the Florida Latino community. He'd definitely benefit any ticket he was attached to for Florida.

Not as much as Jeb, whose polling about 23%. But Rubio would help.

They'll want balance on the ticket. That's the usual wisdom. The other wisdom is that VP picks can only hurt, never help.
well the GOP will see the VP as the next President. they may have to let Rubio in as VP to keep the White House "In The Red" for 2020 or 2024.

well the GOP will see the VP as the next President. they may have to let Rubio in as VP to keep the White House "In The Red" for 2020 or 2024.

Nodding....makes sense. Rubio isn't ready for a presidential run. And I suspect he knows it. He's about as well positioned as the current field will allow for the VP nod. And the GOP is doing a much better job of cultivating future talent than DNC. A Rubio VP nod would be consistent with that strategy.

I'd go so far as to say that the only way that Rubio isn't likely to get the VP nod is if Jeb is nominated for president. As they'd be doubling down on FL. If anyone else (save Rubio himself, obviously) get the nod, Rubio is a shoe in.

Looking at the field, a Jeb/Rubio ticket would be solid. And smart. As it would position Rubio well for his own presidential run. Plus, it would lock Florida down.
FUCK JEB BUSH

I'm speaking of what's likely. Not what you like. And Jeb is well positioned. He's polling better than any other candidate in the GOP field (though Rubio is close). And he's got both name recognition, relevant experience, and establishment support.

He's likely. Not a dead lock. But most indications are favorable.
Polling this early is pointless. Let the field settle & announce some platforms. THEM the polls will have some meaning.
If not for the name Bush Jeb would be polling last or close to it.

Looking at the field, a Jeb/Rubio ticket would be solid. And smart. As it would position Rubio well for his own presidential run. Plus, it would lock Florida down.
FUCK JEB BUSH

I'm speaking of what's likely. Not what you like. And Jeb is well positioned. He's polling better than any other candidate in the GOP field (though Rubio is close). And he's got both name recognition, relevant experience, and establishment support.

Polling this early is pointless. Let the field settle & announce some platforms. THEM the polls will have some meaning.

Romney led early polling in 2011. McCain and Gulliani in 2007. Bush in 2003 and 2000.

Its not a dead lock. But its hardly 'pointless'.

FUCK JEB BUSH

Romney led early polling in 2011. McCain and Gulliani in 2007. Bush in 2003 and 2000.

Of course it's pointless. With this crowd? Nobody is a lock right now and the big guns hasn't even entered yet.

FUCK JEB BUSH

Of course it's pointless. With this crowd? Nobody is a lock right now and the big guns hasn't even entered yet.

No one is saying that anyone is a lock. But early polling has been right 3 and half times out of the last 4 elections. That's hardly 'nothing'.

FUCK JEB BUSH

No one is saying that anyone is a lock. But early polling has been right 3 and half times out of the last 4 elections. That's hardly 'nothing'.

of course it's meaningless. You guys are desperate for some type of relevance. Geez..

of course it's meaningless. You guys are desperate for some type of relevance. Geez..

Whatever. Early polling has a record of picking the GOP candidate about 85% of the time over the last 4 elections.

If you believe that record is 'meaningless', there's no much I can say to convince you. I'd argue that 85% is far from meaningless. Especially given how many primary candidates there have been in 3 of those 4 elections.

Whatever. Early polling has a record of picking the GOP candidate about 85% of the time over the last 4 elections.

If you believe that record is 'meaningless', there's no much I can say to convince you. I'd argue that 85% is far from meaningless. Especially given how many primary candidates there have been in 3 of those 4 elections.

Oh it's meaningless. Just remember I said this.

You also said that Jeb wouldn't carry even one state.

History will tell us how much 'you said this' is worth.

As long as we don't end up with Jeb or some other RINO I will be happy.

I like just about every significant GOP name so far, but Jeb, Christie and even Huck are no go for me.

Time for new faces, and the end of the republicrat establishment that "compromises" with criminally insane authoritarian sociopaths.

didnt we all assume that Romney was going to be the 2012 candidate after he bowed out in 2008? I did, and I was right, then again, many of us did.

I like just about every significant GOP name so far, but Jeb, Christie and even Huck are no go for me.

Time for new faces, and the end of the republicrat establishment that "compromises" with criminally insane authoritarian sociopaths.

Jeb is polling well so far. That puts him in the best position initially. Generally speaking, republicans don't want far right candidates. They generally pick mainstream ones. Even GW, the most conservative president in a since WW2, was no where near Rubio, Cruz or Paul on their ideological extremeness.

Jeb is polling well so far. That puts him in the best position initially. Generally speaking, republicans don't want far right candidates. They generally pick mainstream ones. Even GW, the most conservative president in a since WW2, was no where near Rubio, Cruz or Paul on their ideological extremeness.
Bush was the most conservative president? Yo really are one dumb sonofabitch. Bush didnt even run as a conservative.

The Candidates Are In.So What Is Your Preferred GOP Ticket?So Many Combinations.

ALL of them?

Really?

Because there are so many, here's a refresher ... Which I notice does not include either Trump or his hair.

11204985_837955902964132_3995281453155098233_n.jpg

Forum List

Back