The Case Against Christie

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
As far as I know, the basics of the case against Christie are as follows:

Some of his appointees did something despicable, thinking that it would serve Christie's interests in the long run. As soon as Christie found out about it, he kicked ass, and either fired or censured everyone involved. Then he called a press conference and exposed his soul.

That's about it.

I have seen not a single article giving credible evidence that he knew anything about the whole episode in advance. The WORST that has been claimed is that he found out about the traffic tie-up before he saw it on the television news, which could be construed as at variance with his formal statement at the press conference.

Yawn.

But OTOH, I have seen NUMEROUS columns by Leftist pundits claiming things like, "the evidence is mounting that Christie masterminded the lane closings..."

"Christie is humbled and disgraced by this debacle..."

Yawn.

It seems to me that all the Leftists are trying to create the illusion that The Beloved Governor has been mortally wounded by this unfortunate episode, while the people whose opinion actually matters - we Republicans - have basically written it off long ago as a non-event.

To quote the late Walter Mondale, "Where's the beef?"

If you are aware of any credible evidence that Governor Christie either authorized, condoned, or ordered these lane closings, please produce (link) it.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Fat Boy is rotten to the core, which is a shame because he could win elections unlike so many Teabaggers you guys love who can't, but he's toast. It's just a matter of time.

Some of his appointees did something despicable, thinking that it would serve Christie's interests in the long run. As soon as Christie found out about it, he kicked ass, and either fired or censured everyone involved. Then he called a press conference and exposed his soul.

That's about it.

I have seen not a single article giving credible evidence that he knew anything about the whole episode in advance. The WORST that has been claimed is that he found out about the traffic tie-up before he saw it on the television news, which could be construed as at variance with his formal statement at the press conference.

Yawn.

But OTOH, I have seen NUMEROUS columns by Leftist pundits claiming things like, "the evidence is mounting that Christie masterminded the lane closings..."

Yawn.

It seems to me that all the Leftists are trying to create the illusion that The Beloved Governor has been mortally wounded by this unfortunate episode, while the people whose opinion actually matters - we Republicans - have basically written it off long ago as a non-event.

If you are aware of any credible evidence that Governor Christie either authorized, condoned, or ordered these lane closings, please produce (link) it.

So does Christie.

The Case Against Christie

Christie is suffering the same fate at Trent Lott. The Democrats got him in a partisan witch hunt, conservatives who were sick of his not being a conservative let them have him. I agree with conservatives on that. It was opportunistic, but the best thing. There's nothing wrong with that, conservatives didn't create the witch hunt, and it's not their job to save people who don't support them.

That's about it.

Yawn.

Yawn.

My personal opinion is that Christie cooked this whole scandal up himself. He knew if the left started attacking him,, then the far right would warm up to him.

Shrewd guy.

Forum List

Back