🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The climate crusaders say coal is dying! LOL!!

Nothing worse than a pseudo educated dupe who fancies himself the smartest guy in the room...You never see that sort of people on the skeptical side....guess only the truly educated are bright enough to be skeptics.

I can't help but notice that he doesn't even talk to me any more...guess he thinks by ignoring me, he can take away the sting of having his head cut by a skeptic in a couple of posts.

I tire of people like you, true believers who use personal attacks ("pseudo educated dupe", for example) and bandy about statistics as if they (you) are an authority.

My BA degrees were in History and Poli Sci, my Master's in the Dept of Education, a special studies program: Human Relations (course work in Psyc. Sociology, Social Psyc. Anthropology, Counseling and IR). And, my education during my 32 year career in Law Enforcement.

Of course I had Math and Science lower division courses (Chem, Physics and Biology). My opinion is based on secondary sources, such as those listed in this link to a number of studies:

Google Scholar

Hm. Not one of your degrees is in an exact science. All subjective all the time eh. No wonder you don't understand how MEASUREMENT works.

And you probably believe 2 + 2 always = 4

It all depends on which measurement scale is being used, cupcake.

Good for you. Be honest now, did you look it up?
Nothing worse than a pseudo educated dupe who fancies himself the smartest guy in the room...You never see that sort of people on the skeptical side....guess only the truly educated are bright enough to be skeptics.

I can't help but notice that he doesn't even talk to me any more...guess he thinks by ignoring me, he can take away the sting of having his head cut by a skeptic in a couple of posts.

I tire of people like you, true believers who use personal attacks ("pseudo educated dupe", for example) and bandy about statistics as if they (you) are an authority.

My BA degrees were in History and Poli Sci, my Master's in the Dept of Education, a special studies program: Human Relations (course work in Psyc. Sociology, Social Psyc. Anthropology, Counseling and IR). And, my education during my 32 year career in Law Enforcement.

Of course I had Math and Science lower division courses (Chem, Physics and Biology). My opinion is based on secondary sources, such as those listed in this link to a number of studies:

Google Scholar

Hm. Not one of your degrees is in an exact science. All subjective all the time eh. No wonder you don't understand how MEASUREMENT works.

What a stupid comment.

You have Been SHOWN numerous times now that Coal is expanding and that the climate we live in is still well within natural variations.

Per Decade warming rate very similar to past warming rates back to the 1800's.
No increase in Tornadoes counts despite the improvement in technology.
Decrease in Landfalling Hurricanes, NO increase in total cyclone energy.
INCREASE in snow and cold in the last 10 years.
Antarctica ice near highest level of instrumental record.
Small increase in precipitation.
on and on it goes in the very opposite of what the AGW conjecture would project to happen.

Yawn.

No, I'm old enough that I still have my K&E slide rule. How about you?

Google Scholar

Google Scholar

What a stupid comment.

You have Been SHOWN numerous times now that Coal is expanding and that the climate we live in is still well within natural variations.

on and on it goes in the very opposite of what the AGW conjecture would project to happen.

Yawn.

I see that you have no cogent reply to all that on the list I have already addressed in detail at least once in the forum. Here is a thread I started specifically about PREDICTION FAILURES

Why don't you either debate or kindly go away.

Google Scholar

Google Scholar

What a stupid comment.

Yawn.

That belongs in a museum!

Google Scholar

Google Scholar

What a stupid comment.

Yawn.

I used the school's in a lab a couple of times. I'm bored with this topic. As I've posted, I drive a hybrid, my son drives a Bolt, we recycle, have drought resistant plants and solar panels on our roof.

What a stupid comment.

Yawn.

It's still in pretty good shape. i pulled it out of the desk to have a look for nostalgia's sake.

Attachments

• DSC_0001[1].JPG
    DSC_0001[1].JPG
    500.4 KB · Views: 15

So that is going to be your excuse for not providing that single piece of observed, measured data that supports the mannn made climate change hypothesis over natural variability? Simply running away would have saved you more face.

And with all that you are still a dupe for the mann made climate change scam? Didn't feel even the first bit of skeptical curiosity when it became clear that you couldn't find even a single piece of real data supporting AGW over natural variability? One would think with all that education, you might have picked up some critical thinking skills.

And still, no actual observed, measured data supporting AGW over natural variability. Belief in a thing with no evidence is faith...not science. Sure you didn't get a divinity degree?

Lots of links...none of them providing even one single piece of observed, measured data that supports AGW over natural variability. Crick...one of your own....put it pretty well when he said that people who provide links but aren't able to bring the actual data forward to support their claims are just talking out of their asses. If you think there is a piece of observed measured data there that supports AGW over natural variability, by all means bring it forward.

What a stupid comment.

Yawn.

It's still in pretty good shape. i pulled it out of the desk to have a look for nostalgia's sake.

I have a similar item, my Catcher's Glove, Smokey Burgess Model. I used all through Jr. Hi and High School.

What a stupid comment.

Yawn.

I used the school's in a lab a couple of times. I'm bored with this topic. As I've posted, I drive a hybrid, my son drives a Bolt, we recycle, have drought resistant plants and solar panels on our roof.

Sure you did. Good for you on the hybrid. i like them too for the most part. they are actually more polluting to make than a Ford F-150 to make, and their batteries are incredibly toxic when they wear out, but they are an essential step in technology so i support their development. The Bolt is a nice car, I drove the Ampere in London because I wasn't going on any long drives and they are nice cars. And you're bored because your argument is lame.

What a stupid comment.

Yawn.

I have a similar item, my Catcher's Glove, Smokey Burgess Model. I used all through Jr. Hi and High School.

I was a fencer (heck, i still am!). I still have my first foil, though it is broken in half!

There is no debate, there are liars, damn liars and statistics, confirmation bias and personal attacks. My question never answered is this: What if you are wrong?

Since neither you, nor all of science can provide even one shred of observed, measured evidence that supports AGW over natural variability, the "what if" is a pointless question. You need some evidence to balance against the absence of evidence in order to ask what if. You may as well be asking what about the unicorns?

The arguments offered by your side on the issue are those who claim this is a natural event, yet have no proof that is so. They build on this hypothesis to defend Coal and Oil, and attack Green and Renewable Energy Sources. Is that a fair observation?

The fact that the bit of climate change we have seen is well within the boundries of natural variability, and there is nothing happening within the climate that is even approaching the limits of natural variability, on what basis, exactly is the suggestion that we might be causing the climate to change even a rational question? Are you arguing that man made climate change looks just like natural variability?

What a stupid comment.

Yawn.

You are always welcome to leave, since you hardly debate at all because you are TOO LAZY to put up a cogent argument on anything. I gave you openings to debate on something in detail, you NEVER do it, I even showed you a link to a thread I started about prediction failures, you say you are bored. No wonder you are so ill informed here since you don't dig into anything.

I have been in this debate since the late 1990's on the net and have been following climate stuff since the 1970's. Had run a climate forum that was in the top 10 largest in the world before google shut me down when they bought out a server host who then lied to me about my account.

" I drive a hybrid, my son drives a Bolt, we recycle, have drought resistant plants and solar panels on our roof."

That is fine, and no one here is saying you can't do that.

Hey..I have one of those to. When I graduated an adding machine was a typewriter sized instrument that did not have an electrical cord. You punched in nunbers from a column of numbers and pulled a handle. When we took a math course, we actually did the math.

All that based on nothing more than faith...not the first bit of actual evidence that man is having even the slightest effect on the global climate....and it would appear that you passed your blind faith and lack of critical thinking skills to your child as well....what a disservice you did him there.

Yawn.

I was a fencer (heck, i still am!). I still have my first foil, though it is broken in half!

Always wanted to try that...never lived close enough to a club to give it a go though. I have taken up the true sport of kings though at a club that recently opened within driving distance....curling.

You are always welcome to leave, since you hardly debate at all because you are TOO LAZY to put up a cogent argument on anything. I gave you openings to debate on something in detail, you NEVER do it, I even showed you a link to a thread I started about prediction failures, you say you are bored. No wonder you are so ill informed here since you don't dig into anything.

Like I said...pseudoeducated… actual research into a topic takes work.

Like I said...pseudoeducated… actual research into a topic takes work.

First of all I have a life, and why would I bother to do the research? I do my part, as I noted above, and if you are correct and human behavior had zero to do with our climate, I'll still recycle, drive a hybrid and save water.

Since you guys claim to know everything, and the scientific community is doing the research, I'll leave that to them, and continue to play Frisbee with my dog, exercise and eat healthy, and enjoy my retirement.

BTW, your efforts to convince me and others might be a bit more powerful if you stopped using ad hominems. There use which both of you seem or deem necessary are déclassé, and I've been called much worse when putting punks in a cage so it reflects poorly on you two and not me.

First of all I have a life, and why would I bother to do the research? I do my part, as I noted above, and if you are correct and human behavior had zero to do with our climate, I'll still recycle, drive a hybrid and save water.

You think having a life means that you must also be clueless and a dupe? What a concept. And why would you bother to do the research? Well...you have been going along believing in man made climate change, and supporting the incredibly costly political actions being taken because of the assumption that man made climate change is true. Had you done any actual research...assuming that you have any critical thinking skills at all, you would have, at some point realized that there isn't the first piece of actual observed, measured evidence supporting the man made climate change hypothesis over natural variability.

Since you guys claim to know everything, and the scientific community is doing the research, I'll leave that to them, and continue to play Frisbee with my dog, exercise and eat healthy, and enjoy my retirement.

Who claimed to know everything? I am asking you for data. You believe that there is observed, measured evidence supporting the man made climate change hypothesis over natural variability...I would like to see it. I have been looking for more than 2 decades and have yet to find even the first scrap of actual evidence. And I guess you don't have any idea how much money is being flushed down the toilet on the man made climate fiasco...any idea how that may affect your retirement?...any idea how it may affect your children's earning potential? Any idea about anything?

BTW, your efforts to convince me and others might be a bit more powerful if you stopped using ad hominems. There use which both of you seem or deem necessary are déclassé, and I've been called much worse when putting punks in a cage so it reflects poorly on you two and not me.

Like I care what you think about me... you are a person who has been duped into believing in the biggest scam ever perpetrated on humanity. You believe fully that man made climate change is supported by something like actual evidence...what you think of me is as uninformed as what you think of climate science. Excuse me if I don't place much value on the opinion of someone who is genuinely uninformed.

What is it about pollution that gives you a chubby?

Meh.... been breathing it like everybody else for well over 50 years. The only reason I'm in this st00pid forum is to educate people on the myth of renewable energy.... I have no interest in seeing my electric bill double.:2up:. Love exposing the scam.
What exactly is the myth about renewable energy? I guess the Hoover Dam has not been supplying energy for nearly 100 years! So what exactly was that huge concrete structure I was walking on a while back?

Those damns are TARGETED today by the same Enviro groups that ENCOURAGED them 80 years ago. That's not a fluke. The UK green groups pushed BioMass Conversion for a decade or more. When they GOT it their neighborhoods, they discovered it was REALLY a kind of garbage incinerator. NOW those same greenies are crusading to shut them down. See the pattern here?

There's actually only a VERY few clean green "alternative" sources of energy. Wind and solar are NOT alternatives. They are sketchy supplements and they don't largely reduce the need for reliable backbone generation.

Forum List

Back